The tWo Hangout

7 hours ago, iPwn said:

I’m super proud of how we’ve responded. Those other two are typically top 2-3 in activity. We’re typically bottom 5. Seeing us up there putting numbers that rival the Packers forum is a big deal to this forum’s activity.

I'll be honest, the uptick in activity is in turn making me more active. When I visited the old site and no new posts or anything, I had no desire to kick start something and would just leave after a quick check in.

4 minutes ago, VLoo said:

I'll be honest, the uptick in activity is in turn making me more active. When I visited the old site and no new posts or anything, I had no desire to kick start something and would just leave after a quick check in.

That’s the way it is for most people, honestly. Seeing active discussion makes people want to participate. No one wants to write up their thoughts and then feel like no one is going to react to them.

And it’s also why it’s important that we don’t just stuff everything in one thread anymore. People who pop their head in don’t want to read through 15 pages of “off-season notes” to see if there’s anything worth reading about. And those big threads hide the activity that there is. Instead of seeing 5 new threads when you come back, everything is just the same, maybe with a higher page count on a thread or two. It makes the place look dead, which in turn makes fewer people come back, which makes it more dead, and so forth. Puts us in a death spiral.

That’s why I’ve been so active with the new threads, even on seemingly mundane things. It gives off the impression that we’re on top of things. It makes the activity look higher, which gets more responses, which drives more activity. “Hey, if these guys are so active that they’re willing to talk about a 7th round rookie FB, they’ll probably respond to my thoughts on Blake!”

24 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

fixed

You know, I’ve been considering picking up the Bulls since I moved here. Kobe retired, so there’s no current players I’m attached to. I like Luke, but there isn’t much else keeping me.

• Like 1

Just now, iPwn said:

You know, I’ve been considering picking up the Bulls since I moved here. Kobe retired, so there’s no current players I’m attached to. I like Luke, but there isn’t much else keeping me.

Since I'm not in college anymore/mega broke, we could try to figure out a time this fall/winter to go to a Bulls game. I have never been to an NBA game.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Since I'm not in college anymore/mega broke, we could try to figure out a time this fall/winter to go to a Bulls game. I have never been to an NBA game.

Might not be a bad idea. I still need to hit up some Blackhawks games too.

• Like 1

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

NFL is the only league that Chicago isn't #1 or #2 for me.

Same. Though the Bulls might be 3. Otherwise I’m adopting the Chicago teams as best I can. Always been a Cubs fan, but added the Hawks, Fire, Red Stars, and resurrected interested in the Bulls.