The tWo Hangout

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Same. Though the Bulls might be 3. Otherwise I’m adopting the Chicago teams as best I can. Always been a Cubs fan, but added the Hawks, Fire, Red Stars, and resurrected interested in the Bulls. 

I'll never be a big Bears fan, but I did have a pretty stud RB for them the first time I played through Superstar mode on Madden '06.

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'll never be a big Bears fan, but I did have a pretty stud RB for them the first time I played through Superstar mode on Madden '06.

The Bears have always felt like a super bland team to me. Even in 06 when they made the Super Bowl, the only things interesting about them was Dennis Green having a post game melt down and the occasional Hester TD. The rest of the team, even as good as the defense was, felt largely forgettable.

Urlacher also has to be one of the least exciting faces of a franchise ever.

7 minutes ago, iPwn said:

The Bears have always felt like a super bland team to me. Even in 06 when they made the Super Bowl, the only things interesting about them was Dennis Green having a post game melt down and the occasional Hester TD. The rest of the team, even as good as the defense was, felt largely forgettable.

Urlacher also has to be one of the least exciting faces of a franchise ever.

I loved their defense and respect them as a franchise, but idk. They have just never been attractive to me. 

I grew up liking a lot of Vikings players though so that might be part of it. Probably not, but who knows?

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

Might not be a bad idea. I still need to hit up some Blackhawks games too.

Bruh, I'm trying to get really into hockey and I am heavily leaning towards the Blackhawks. Never been one to jump on a good team but they are close, in a city that I wouldn't mind living in after school and plus this song?

Feel like I'd be stupid not to jump in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Bruh, I'm trying to get really into hockey and I am heavily leaning towards the Blackhawks. Never been one to jump on a good team but they are close, in a city that I wouldn't mind living in after school and plus this song?

Agreed. Chelsea Dagger >>>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Blackhawks are on the precipice of a long, sad downswing anyway.  If you're bandwagoning, would've been better to get in on the ground floor while Toews and Kane were still on affordable deals and all that.  What with the winning of Cups and stuff.

Still should have at least a handful of strong competitive years left in 'em though.  As long as Toews and Kane can at least mostly live up to their insane contracts, and Keith continues to dominate on that sweetheart deal...can't count them out.  But if/when those two start to decline with age while they continue to eat up $21M in cap space until the end of eternity...that could get ugly.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

But Chelsea Dagger. 

I wish the Canucks would just go back to Holiday as their goal song.  That, going back and forth with Chelsea Dagger was so good back when that rivalry was in full swing.

Though i suppose bringing back the goal song probably won't save the Canucks catastrophic nosedive due to age any more than it will save the Blackhawks when they eventually teeter on over either.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Blackhawks are on the precipice of a long, sad downswing anyway.  If you're bandwagoning, would've been better to get in on the ground floor while Toews and Kane were still on affordable deals and all that.  What with the winning of Cups and stuff.

Still should have at least a handful of strong competitive years left in 'em though.  As long as Toews and Kane can at least mostly live up to their insane contracts, and Keith continues to dominate on that sweetheart deal...can't count them out.  But if/when those two start to decline with age while they continue to eat up $21M in cap space until the end of eternity...that could get ugly.

Definitely not bandwagoning, and that's why I'm leaning so hard into following them. If they were at their peak I don't think I could ever do it.

• Like 1

I’m at this conference. It’s almost exclusively firm owners in their 50’s. They broke for lunch and are playing some music. So far, we’ve gotten Calvin Harris, Lauryn Hill, another techno/dance song, and more like that. I don’t know who made this playlist, but they’re my hero.