The tWo Hangout

Just now, iPwn said:

This is all true. Jerseys are fantastic. Still deciding which jersey to get.

Yeah, for me I'd likely go the route of Saad honestly. I'd want to go with a young core guy that I expect to be there for a long time (then again, he was dealt prior and Panarin who I thought would be a long-time Hawk got moved...hockey is weird). Debrincat would be interesting but he's just so young and who the hell knows how he ends up that I think it'd be too risky. Schmaltz may be a legit player here soon, looked fantastic on that line with Kane.

Toews would obviously be a great option. Kane is great (but eh). Keith is awesome but he's getting up there and may start declining. Not sure how well goalies age so not sure about Craw or not.

I’ll probably go Toews, but you largely covered the issue I have.

Speaking of jerseys, I want an El Mago jersey. And will probably pick some player if the Jags change jerseys. Probably Jalen or maybe Telvin if he re-signs.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’ll probably go Toews, but you largely covered the issue I have.

Speaking of jerseys, I want an El Mago jersey. And will probably pick some player if the Jags change jerseys. Probably Jalen or maybe Telvin if he re-signs.

El Mago?

Jalen would be a nice choice. I think Jack is well on his way to that type of guy too based on the first few games this year.

Got a Telvin one (please stay) and just grabbed a Fournette one. Will definitely grab another one next year when we get new jerseys though. Sounds like it's pretty much a lock from what I can tell. 

Toews would be good though. With being a relatively new fan to hockey though I just figure it'd be best to pick players that are relatively newer/just starting in their careers than a guy that I didn't see as much until the mid/latter part of their careers.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

With being a relatively new fan to hockey though I just figure it'd be best to pick players that are relatively newer/just starting in their careers than a guy that I didn't see as much until the mid/latter part of their careers.

I’m sure you’ll find the player you gravitate towards after watching for a while.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I like watching developing/young teams myself as long as like I said, you feel good about the teams direction/decision making. Like I said, Jags are my exception.

Yeah, draft lottery is so meh to me. I like the how it can hurt teams who purposefully try to put bad teams together/hinder their chances of doing well, but there's also teams that are just in a really bad state that need the help too. Double edged sword for me.

xD

What you think of him as far as talent goes even if you have a strong dislike for him? Think he'll turn into something or nah?

I don't particularly love DeBrincat's upside.  He's tiny and really not a great skater.  But the guy didn't score a hundred billion goals in Jrs without having a knack for "right place, right time".  Plus, Hawks have a habit of rotating bubble guys through and making them look good for a few years alongside Kane/Toews.  Especially since they signed those matching megadeals and they've been fighting the cap hard, trying to find budget options to stopgap the rest of their lineup.

I like the idea of the draft lottery in principle.  I'm just mad that it was implemented in its current form after the Oilers had already abused it to death and taken what they need.  Sucks for teams like the Canucks trying to rebuild afterwards.  They'll still get there, eventually.  Just going to be ugly in the meantime...especially since the Sedin Twins are still...around, as shells of their former selves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

El Mago?

Jalen would be a nice choice. I think Jack is well on his way to that type of guy too based on the first few games this year.

Got a Telvin one (please stay) and just grabbed a Fournette one. Will definitely grab another one next year when we get new jerseys though. Sounds like it's pretty much a lock from what I can tell. 

Toews would be good though. With being a relatively new fan to hockey though I just figure it'd be best to pick players that are relatively newer/just starting in their careers than a guy that I didn't see as much until the mid/latter part of their careers.

The thing about a Toews jersey is that it's probably a real dullard cliche thing to do now.  But i think it's pretty much a lock that it's going to be like wearing an Yzerman jersey to a Wings game.  Kinda hard to argue with, as he's going into the Hall when he's done, and he's always going to be the guy that brought the Cups.  That's good longevity i think.  But definitely extremely boring choice in the meantime.

Chicago are going to be a mess when Toews and Kane get old anyway though.  These young players might just be hitting their stride, in time to have the whole thing come crashing down while Showtime rolls around the ice with his walker.  He's already as bald as Bortles.