The tWo Hangout

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Team looks great. Forsberg is looking pretty solid against a high powered Leafs offense so far too.

I kind of feel dirty if I follow such a good team out of the gate honestly. Jags were just an ok team when I was a kid and started watching them, Orioles were awful, Wolves were good but they were my hometown team/really didn't know **** about the NBA besides KG being a god.

Really don't think there's any shame in that.  a)because good hockey teams are more fun to watch, and the Hawks tend to be a particularly exciting team when they're on top of their game.  and b)they'll be bad soon enough.  It is the circle of NHL life.  There's no Patriots here - closest is the Red Wings and their crazy playoff streak, which is also now over.  Can't fight time in a league with such a tight salary cap.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Gotcha. Works for me oddly enough. Sucks because most gifs seem to come from that site.

I think if you change the file extension from webp to gif, it’ll still be the same link and actually work. But I haven’t tested to be sure.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Really don't think there's any shame in that.  a)because good hockey teams are more fun to watch, and the Hawks tend to be a particularly exciting team when they're on top of their game.  and b)they'll be bad soon enough.  It is the circle of NHL life.  There's no Patriots here - closest is the Red Wings and their crazy playoff streak, which is also now over.  Can't fight time in a league with such a tight salary cap.

Yeah, that's how I feel. Just feels odd to me as I've always been a guy that went with an underdog out of the gate. But yeah, following a team at the bottom of the barrel/in the beginning stages of building would be much more difficult for a new fan to the sport such as myself. 

But yeah, I expect Chicago to have to re-tool/rebuild at some point here relatively soon. Not far off.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Nah, not at all. Was just an ugly game to watch. Leafs were constantly in our zone/on the offensive. Not an ideal situation for a young goalie against one of the best offensive teams in hockey.

Also, Duncan Keith turned it over a billion times. Rough game for him. I do really like what I've seen from Rutta so far though.

Babcock teams are infamous for this.  Really, his whole coaching tree is known for it.

It's why watching Canada dismantle everyone in the last couple Olympics has been amazing, but at the same time...honestly kinda boring most of the time.  It's just so efficient.  Big Babcock machine team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, that's how I feel. Just feels odd to me as I've always been a guy that went with an underdog out of the gate. But yeah, following a team at the bottom of the barrel/in the beginning stages of building would be much more difficult for a new fan to the sport such as myself. 

But yeah, I expect Chicago to have to re-tool/rebuild at some point here relatively soon. Not far off.

It's one thing watching a rebuilding football team 16 times a season (or less, because let's be honest...yuck).  It's another thing entirely to watch it 82 times a season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Babcock teams are infamous for this.  Really, his whole coaching tree is known for it.

It's why watching Canada dismantle everyone in the last couple Olympics has been amazing, but at the same time...honestly kinda boring most of the time.  It's just so efficient.  Big Babcock machine team.

Interesting. Haven't watched Olympic hockey yet so can't obviously relate, but it wasn't fun for the other team that's for sure.

Just now, Tugboat said:

It's one thing watching a rebuilding football team 16 times a season (or less, because let's be honest...yuck).  It's another thing entirely to watch it 82 times a season.

Yeah, but I also just don't know all the statistics that are covered/what exactly special talents look like in hockey. I didn't grow up playing/watching the sport. So watching a poor team with little talent I feel would be exhausting and hard to get me all in on the sport.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like i gave you a fair "likes" review of your posting.  No friggen way i'm giving you a like for a Panik pun though.  That's just Forsling it.

Fair, and as to be expected. Was a reasonable way to take Kero the situation.