The tWo Hangout

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Think that’s the case with most sports, honestly. Even football, which it seems that a lot of us sought out a team on our own somehow, we’ve all ventured here, on Twitter and elsewhere to have a place to talk with people on anything to do with football.

Yeah.  Definitely.

I mean...for me, i'm here because i doubt there's another actual real life Jaguars fan for several hundred miles in any direction.

And for the puns.

Mostly for the puns i guess.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Definitely.

I mean...for me, i'm here because i doubt there's another actual real life Jaguars fan for several hundred miles in any direction.

And for the puns.

Mostly for the puns i guess.

Yeah, IDK.

That's one thing giving me at least a little pause about the Blackhawks. Like sure, I can just continue doing this forum thing, but man does it suck not being able to actively talk with people/watch games with and stuff. IDK, just frustrating I guess. Already have to do that.

18 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Blackhawks vs the Connor McDavids tonight.

Sad there's no Draisaitl.  The Deutschland Dangler is way less annoying than "already the best player in the world after a year and a half" McDavey.

McDavid is seriously insane.

Just now, .Buzz said:

McDavid is seriously insane.

He's good.

But i don't like him.  At all.  So tired of hearing about him.  And honestly a bit tired of watching him just use his insane ability to handle the puck at top speed to slice through the neutral zone and create goals.  It's amazing, but so boring and repetitive.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

He's good.

But i don't like him.  At all.  So tired of hearing about him.  And honestly a bit tired of watching him just use his insane ability to handle the puck at top speed to slice through the neutral zone and create goals.  It's amazing, but so boring and repetitive.

Haha, I don't get that at all. I don't really like him just because he's so elite and isn't on a team that I follow/like, but there's no denying that my jaw drops seeing everything he can do. Just absolutely unreal to see someone with talent like that.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, IDK.

That's one thing giving me at least a little pause about the Blackhawks. Like sure, I can just continue doing this forum thing, but man does it suck not being able to actively talk with people/watch games with and stuff. IDK, just frustrating I guess. Already have to do that.

It's interesting to me that the predominate hockey fanbase allegiance there at least seems to be influenced quite a bit by the local AHL/farm team.  It's not something that happens even a tiny bit up in Canada.

Just now, Tugboat said:

It's interesting to me that the predominate hockey fanbase allegiance there at least seems to be influenced quite a bit by the local AHL/farm team.  It's not something that happens even a tiny bit up in Canada.

Yeah, most fans that are in north/central Iowa are big with the Wild. Blackhawks are more eastern Iowa. About 30 miles south from me we have the Iowa Wild.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Haha, I don't get that at all. I don't really like him just because he's so elite and isn't on a team that I follow/like, but there's no denying that my jaw drops seeing everything he can do. Just absolutely unreal to see someone with talent like that.

It's partly just annoyance because of the way the Oilers lucked into him.  But it's just so...same same.  Every game, 20 times a game he'll just wind up and snake through the neutral zone to create a scoring chance.  It looks identical to every other time he does it.  It's impressive, and obviously near impossible to stop because his ability to play with the puck at that top speed, and to change up speeds at the drop of a hat is beyond elite, right up their with the best of all time.  But it's so..."yeah, okay...already saw that...a dozen times tonight".

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

It's partly just annoyance because of the way the Oilers lucked into him.  But it's just so...same same.  Every game, 20 times a game he'll just wind up and snake through the neutral zone to create a scoring chance.  It looks identical to every other time he does it.  It's impressive, and obviously near impossible to stop because his ability to play with the puck at that top speed, and to change up speeds at the drop of a hat is beyond elite, right up their with the best of all time.  But it's so..."yeah, okay...already saw that...a dozen times tonight".

Yeah, I guess I forget about the whole Oilers/Canucks situation you talked about before.

I can see why it'd annoy you lol.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, most fans that are in north/central Iowa are big with the Wild. Blackhawks are more eastern Iowa. About 30 miles south from me we have the Iowa Wild.

Yeah.  That's what i assumed would be the driving factor there.

Up North...it just doesn't work.  At one point, the Calgary Flames tried to put their farm team in Abbotsford BC, a suburb of Vancouver.  And even with the shadiest of shady lease-deals on Arena padding their bottom line, the team was just a total flop and ended up moving after a few years because absolutely nobody wanted to see a bunch of Flames prospects skate around in a region dominated by Canucks fans.

Same thing when the Canucks had their farm team in Winnipeg while they didn't even have their NHL team.  Didn't really seem to create many Canucks fans there.

People just have their allegiances here and you could put another team on their front lawn and they wouldn't be swayed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  That's what i assumed would be the driving factor there.

Up North...it just doesn't work.  At one point, the Calgary Flames tried to put their farm team in Abbotsford BC, a suburb of Vancouver.  And even with the shadiest of shady lease-deals on Arena padding their bottom line, the team was just a total flop and ended up moving after a few years because absolutely nobody wanted to see a bunch of Flames prospects skate around in a region dominated by Canucks fans.

Same thing when the Canucks had their farm team in Winnipeg while they didn't even have their NHL team.  Didn't really seem to create many Canucks fans there.

People just have their allegiances here and you could put another team on their front lawn and they wouldn't be swayed.

Makes sense. Hockey just isnt as big down here yet. Plus I live in a state with no NHL team, so it makes a little sense I guess.