The tWo Hangout

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It actually seems kinda like those key fobs that annoyingly randomly open in your pocket.  Which is the worst thing in the world, not the best imo.

It’s pretty much impossible to fan it open without trying to, the cards give enough push back that you can’t just randomly open it, but not so much that it’s hard to open either. 

What kind of phone does everyone have in here?

I currently have a S7 and it's nice and all, but thinking about switching it up. The Pixel 2 sounds awesome but the headphone jack is going to annoy me. Never tried the IPhones. S8 looks good as well.

Will have an option to change here in a month or two over the holidays.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What kind of phone does everyone have in here?

I currently have a S7 and it's nice and all, but thinking about switching it up. The Pixel 2 sounds awesome but the headphone jack is going to annoy me. Never tried the IPhones. S8 looks good as well.

Will have an option to change here in a month or two over the holidays.

If you still find it necessary to use wired headphones for the majority of your listening, the S8 would be the best option. If you’re willing to go to high end Bluetooth, the Pixel 2 and new iPhone would be good options. Definitely would want to wait for the Pixel’s screen burn in issues to get fixed though.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If you still find it necessary to use wired headphones for the majority of your listening, the S8 would be the best option. If you’re willing to go to high end Bluetooth, the Pixel 2 and new iPhone would be good options. Definitely would want to wait for the Pixel’s screen burn in issues to get fixed though.

You talking IPhone 8 or IPhone X?

I do mainly use wired headphones, is the adapter thing a nuisance or? I just don't care to spend a couple hundred dollars on bluetooth headphones, at least at this point.

Just now, .Buzz said:

You talking IPhone 8 or IPhone X?

Whatever one would be in your price range.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I do mainly use wired headphones, is the adapter thing a nuisance or? I just don't care to spend a couple hundred dollars on bluetooth headphones, at least at this point.

I moved to wireless before I got a phone with an adapter. The adapter itself isn’t a problem, you just keep it on the end of your headphones and use that  the issue would be if you were charging and trying to listen to music at the same time. 

You can get some good Jaybird headphones for ~$150 for their newest model, and a bit cheaper for an older version. But yeah, still see how that’s not always the easiest investment.

Just now, iPwn said:

Whatever one would be in your price range.

I moved to wireless before I got a phone with an adapter. The adapter itself isn’t a problem, you just keep it on the end of your headphones and use that  the issue would be if you were charging and trying to listen to music at the same time. 

You can get some good Jaybird headphones for ~$150 for their newest model, and a bit cheaper for an older version. But yeah, still see how that’s not always the easiest investment.

Yeah, I'd prefer to stay $30 or less a month for a phone...so pretty much leaves the Pixel , IPhone 8, or S8. 

I don't know, everything I've heard just makes me lean towards the Pixel 2 as far as all the features/the phone itself, but the whole no headphone jack is disappointing. Guess I'll just have to decide whether it's worth it or not. S8 does look really nice though, I like the full screen and sleek look.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I don't know, everything I've heard just makes me lean towards the Pixel 2 as far as all the features/the phone itself, but the whole no headphone jack is disappointing.

What kind of headphones are you using now?

I need to get my computer set up at my new place. Have an amazing idea for a sig.

Gonna be that pic of the 5 DBs looking at the Pittsburgh crowd, with the Jackson 5 script logo over it in black, then Ville written in the Jags font in teal, so it reads Jacksonville 5. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Pixel 2 doesn’t have wireless charging. That would have made using wired headphones easier, if you are comfortable with the wireless charging as your primary charge method.

Do they make wireless fast chargers? I used a wireless charger for my S7 and it is SOOOO slow.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Do they make wireless fast chargers? I used a wireless charger for my S7 and it is SOOOO slow.

It depends on what the firmware of the phone supports, as well as the charger itself. The S7 supports fast charging, but whether you got it or not would hinge on the charger and your firmware on the phone. I’m not sure if all versions of it have the fast charging enabled.