Baltimore Ravens 2017-18 Roster Tracker

coordinator0

Any RBs available right now will have glaring flaws of one kind or another. If they didn't, they wouldn't be available. 

The Ravens have West, who is unspectacular but solid as a runner, and Allen who is unspectacular but solid as a receiving back. They aren't going to find any upgrades on either front, without giving up something valuable. A blocker? Just put Ricard in. He's the FB, and as a blocker he'll be tough to navigate around.

So I've no idea what move they're trying to make, unless they feel the TEs they have just aren't up to snuff (which they aren't, in my view).

19 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

and what exactly seperates T. Coleman from J. Langford? i think we have the exact same guy on PS already. other than Coleman being healthy  to both are the same player basically, with very similar stats throughout their carrer (Langford on a worse team fwiw)

Coleman averages a full yard per carry more than Langford over the course of their careers. Some of that can maybe be chalked up to Langford playing on a worse team but none of that stopped Jordan Howard from balling out with the Bears last year. Coleman also has a stronger track record as a pass catcher coming out of the backfield.

I don't think Atlanta would trade him midseason though, they've carved out a fairly significant role for him as a pass-catching back and it would be difficult to adjust midstream like that even if they're eventually prepared to let him walk. 

Coleman is faster than Langford. Jeremy isn't slow, but Tevin is explosive in a straight line. The latter has more upside and tools to work with.

For what it's worth Howard got his chance to shine last season because Langford got hurt. Jordan took off and the rest is history. Jeremy wasn't bad before then. With Cohen taking off this summer and Howard already established I can see why Langford was pushed out. He's not much of a special teams guy and that's what most teams need from a third back.

Not sure what the deal with Collins was in Seattle.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

and what exactly seperates T. Coleman from J. Langford? i think we have the exact same guy on PS already. other than Coleman being healthy  to both are the same player basically, with very similar stats throughout their carrer (Langford on a worse team fwiw)

They have similar skills but Coleman is quite a bit more explosive.

Yes, I do think Coleman could be our solution.  He's a top tier #2 RB stuck behind a slightly better RB.  I think he's a top 15 RB in the league right now personally.  I'd most certainly explore the possibility, particularly if they are looking for DL in return along with maybe a mid-late round pick.  But I don't know what kind of price they'd be seeking.

18 hours ago, berlin calling said:

beggars can't be choosers, Ravens could def. do worse for their PS. Lets just agree that Ozzie should invest heavily in Offense come draft time next year. 

Daniel Jeremiah is already hyping Rashaad Penny, will he be eligible in next years draft?

21 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Coleman is faster than Langford. Jeremy isn't slow, but Tevin is explosive in a straight line. The latter has more upside and tools to work with.

For what it's worth Howard got his chance to shine last season because Langford got hurt. Jordan took off and the rest is history. Jeremy wasn't bad before then. With Cohen taking off this summer and Howard already established I can see why Langford was pushed out. He's not much of a special teams guy and that's what most teams need from a third back.

Not sure what the deal with Collins was in Seattle.

Same thing, he was the worst back on a team that was particularly loaded with RB's (Rawls, Lacy, Prosise, Chris Carson, and Mike Davis).

I would be 100% on board with getting Tevin Coleman, FWIW.

And that number is actually lower than the overall total thus far. They've released a few guys on injured reserve after agreeing to injury settlements. It's insane.

Also to note, the practice squad is currently at 7 players. If Skura/Shakir and Lokombo are brought up to replace Yanda and Bradley, they will have to fill out half of the practice squad again. Ortiz could be brought up instead of Lokombo though if special teams is the priority. 

Archived