Baltimore Ravens 2017-18 Roster Tracker

coordinator0

Joseph is interesting. He's an undrafted free agent from this past draft, but fits the mold of a developmental lineman. More along the lines of what you would expect on the practice squad but that's where the Ravens signed him from. Chicago's to be specific. I like this. No real hardship to keep him stashed on the active roster with how man injuries the team has been hit with thus far.

This will most likely be a revolving door on oline, where they will try to figure out, not who is the best player, but who fits the best into what the coaching staff want them to do. I expect some heavy shuffling. Also, what is the chance of moving Howard inside and have someone with a bit quicker feet on the right tackle considering how we roll Flacco out to that side more often this year?

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

Also, what is the chance of moving Howard inside and have someone with a bit quicker feet on the right tackle considering how we roll Flacco out to that side more often this year?

I highly doubt we find anyone better than Howard at RT during the season (that is not to say that Howard is good, more that OL talent in the league seems to be quite low)

The alternative to Howard is Hurst. So no. At left guard James hasn't gotten Joe killed yet so that's something.

Austin is pretty slow at right tackle though. I really hope he's not the starter next season. He's gotten the job done thus far but I don't trust that archetype of linemen, especially at tackle.

8 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

The alternative to Howard is Hurst. So no. At left guard James hasn't gotten Joe killed yet so that's something.

Austin is pretty slow at right tackle though. I really hope he's not the starter next season. He's gotten the job done thus far but I don't trust that archetype of linemen, especially at tackle.

Well this was my point of emphasis. From what I saw from him so far, if he doesn't wall off his opponent, they basically run right past him.

14 hours ago, berlin calling said:

i am really curious to watch if Brandon Williams indeed is key to our DLine / run defense or if they will not miss a beat against a talented runner in Fournette who you know will get at least 20 carries. With ZSmith back they should be at full strength besides #98 if i'm not mistaking?

Not saying much, but last week we didn't miss a beat when he left the game.

Archived