DirtyJersey9ers mock off-season 1.0

DirtyJersey9er

Ok gonna cut to the chase and start with free agency.....

Re-sign Jimmy G, No question here and a no brainer.

Re-sign: Tim Barnes, Brandon Fusco, Asa Jackson, Lynch or Tank

Sign: Ezekiel Ansah DE Lions(he will be the An-sah to the pass rush woes... I'll see myself out.)

Kyle Fuller CB Bears(CB is a need and he will be a sneaky good signing)

Jimmy Graham TE Seahawks(nothing bad about Celek and Kittle.  We just need a red zone threat and who better.)

John Sullivan C Rams(fills a big need and weakens the Rams line too.)

Josh Gordon WR Browns(might be able to get him cheap and the upside would be huge.  And far better then trading for him like we wanted to a few years ago).

Draft

Trade the 9th overall pick to the first team stupid enough to trade up for Baker Mayfield.  Buffalo will fit the bill here.  I'll have them trade both first Rounders this year and a third.  That is similar to the Bills/Chiefs trade last draft.

21: Arden Key, DE LSU: between him and Ansah the pass rush will be lethal.  That will make the overall defense that much better.

22: Carlton Davis, CB Auburn: a good press CB.  Somewhat similar to Sherman in his game.

2nd round: Equanemous St Brown, WR Notre Dame

3rd Round pick 1: Akrum Wadley, RB Iowa Shanny likes him and Shannys like hoarding non first round Eva.

3rd Round Pick 2: Oren Burks LB Vanderbilt

3rd Round pick 3: Braden Smith G Auburn

20 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Ok gonna cut to the chase and start with free agency.....

Re-sign Jimmy G, No question here and a no brainer.

Re-sign: Tim Barnes, Brandon Fusco, Asa Jackson, Lynch or Tank

Sign: Ezekiel Ansah DE Lions(he will be the An-sah to the pass rush woes... I'll see myself out.)

Kyle Fuller CB Bears(CB is a need and he will be a sneaky good signing)

Jimmy Graham TE Seahawks(nothing bad about Celek and Kittle.  We just need a red zone threat and who better.)

John Sullivan C Rams(fills a big need and weakens the Rams line too.)

Josh Gordon WR Browns(might be able to get him cheap and the upside would be huge.  And far better then trading for him like we wanted to a few years ago).

Draft

Trade the 9th overall pick to the first team stupid enough to trade up for Baker Mayfield.  Buffalo will fit the bill here.  I'll have them trade both first Rounders this year and a third.  That is similar to the Bills/Chiefs trade last draft.

21: Arden Key, DE LSU: between him and Ansah the pass rush will be lethal.  That will make the overall defense that much better.

22: Carlton Davis, CB Auburn: a good press CB.  Somewhat similar to Sherman in his game.

2nd round: Equanemous St Brown, WR Notre Dame

3rd Round pick 1: Akrum Wadley, RB Iowa Shanny likes him and Shannys like hoarding non first round Eva.

3rd Round Pick 2: Oren Burks LB Vanderbilt

3rd Round pick 3: Braden Smith G Auburn

I kind of like it.  Here are my thoughts.  I don't think we're going to sign that many FAs. So I think you'd have to narrow it down to your priorities. If you sing fewer FAs, which I think is realistic, then I'm guessing you might re-do this a bit. I don't see Hyde as being re-signed. If that's the case then I'd worry about Wadley. I like him ore than most here do. But that would leave us with an untried Williams and Breida who is small, and the also untried Wadley who is even smaller. I'd go with one of the bigger backs from one of the bigger programs.  I think my biggest problem is with Davis.Even if Ward and Jackson are gone, and both might not be, there are still other CBs I like better.

Misc comment ... Im guessing you're an  SEC fan, or watch a lot of SEC football? 

34 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Misc comment ... Im guessing you're an  SEC fan, or watch a lot of SEC football? 

LOL it is the best conference outside of the pac12 ;)

1 hour ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Draft

This is my favorite part of this post, I like the picks and the positions even with the FA moves you made. Not sure I get the point of resigning Barnes, Tank or Lynch. I like the other signings especially Fuller, and with Graham I go back and forth, but if it came down to it I think he'd be a great addition in packages and if Kittle or Celek get hurt which TE's always do. 

Gordon and Sullivan are going to be hard to sign away from where they're at and I'd like another FA  lineman who's not on the wrong side of 30. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'll be honest...I laughed. 

C'mon, man! I've been saying the same thing for WEEKS now. Sheez, stealing my licks...eh, I'll be the first to admit it isn't original but I did type it first! :P

Not getting a good vibe signing Graham or Gordon, myself. And what is wrong with drafting Baker Mayfield?! Not taking that kindly, DJ9er sir! o.O

I'm skeptical every time I see the litany of big-name free agents, but in this instance, I think it is the right mix of high contract additions (Ansah), older guys looking for shorter, but expensive contracts (Graham), and low-risk/high-reward guys (Fuller/Gordon). And, I REALLY love the Carlton Davis pick. Would also really like Arden Key, but I will be mildly surprised if he makes it through that far. And, there's no reason to bring back Barnes or Lynch, and I am quite fine with letting Jackson leave, too. Carradine on the right contract I wouldn't mind, since he was really a strong part of our run defense on base downs and would be great depth. But, I also won't be sad to see him go, either.

57 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm skeptical every time I see the litany of big-name free agents, but in this instance, I think it is the right mix of high contract additions (Ansah), older guys looking for shorter, but expensive contracts (Graham), and low-risk/high-reward guys (Fuller/Gordon). And, I REALLY love the Carlton Davis pick. Would also really like Arden Key, but I will be mildly surprised if he makes it through that far. And, there's no reason to bring back Barnes or Lynch, and I am quite fine with letting Jackson leave, too. Carradine on the right contract I wouldn't mind, since he was really a strong part of our run defense on base downs and would be great depth. But, I also won't be sad to see him go, either.

the scuttle has not been kind so far this off season. A lot of people are talking like he's going to go in the second round. 

Who knows at this point.  As the "talking  heads" get more insider info on how teams are viewing guys we'll know more.  I've seen Key going higher, but I've also seen Landry going ahead of him.  Right now I'm thinking 20 to 35 or so is the right range for Key.  I should have said that I like Davis, just not that high.  I think he's more like a second rounder, but won't last till our second round pick. The way you've got this laid out if you love him this is the only spot you're going to get him.  

4 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

LOL it is the best conference outside of the pac12 ;)

This is my favorite part of this post, I like the picks and the positions even with the FA moves you made. Not sure I get the point of resigning Barnes, Tank or Lynch. I like the other signings especially Fuller, and with Graham I go back and forth, but if it came down to it I think he'd be a great addition in packages and if Kittle or Celek get hurt which TE's always do. 

Gordon and Sullivan are going to be hard to sign away from where they're at and I'd like another FA  lineman who's not on the wrong side of 30. 

With Barnes and Tank or Lynch it was a matter of "these could be signings where the person might not make it past camp but FA is before the draft."

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

C'mon, man! I've been saying the same thing for WEEKS now. Sheez, stealing my licks...eh, I'll be the first to admit it isn't original but I did type it first! :P

Not getting a good vibe signing Graham or Gordon, myself. And what is wrong with drafting Baker Mayfield?! Not taking that kindly, DJ9er sir! o.O

I meant take him top 10.  Similar to Mahomes last draft where I liked the prospect just not top 10.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

the scuttle has not been kind so far this off season. A lot of people are talking like he's going to go in the second round. 

Interesting. I have not followed much draft news since the season ended (busy house hunting) so I was unaware of that. I still have the Senior Bowl DVR'd and waiting to have an opportunity to watch.

36 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

With Barnes and Tank or Lynch it was a matter of "these could be signings where the person might not make it past camp but FA is before the draft."

Gotcha , Tank should have a decent market i'd imagine. The other two are possible camp casualties for anyone so makes sense. What do you like so much about St. Brown? What does he do better than any of the other 6'3+ receivers in this draft that he's worth a 2nd round pick? 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

No Guice or Chark???? No DEAL... that is my Ansah!

slamming-the-door-o.gif

I agree, I would like to get Chark. Something about those LSU receivers. I just wonder if he improved his stock to an extent that we would have to reach to get him?

7 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Gotcha , Tank should have a decent market i'd imagine. The other two are possible camp casualties for anyone so makes sense. What do you like so much about St. Brown? What does he do better than any of the other 6'3+ receivers in this draft that he's worth a 2nd round pick? 

I like what he has shown in regards to what we need from the position.  As I watch more video of other WRs that might change.

Archived