Jaguars to stick with Blake Bortles in 2018

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

hey, lets hope he's better than last year, because the defense won't be, and we aren't making the playoffs with him at last year's level of play

To be fair, when you have a defense playing that well it allows you to be very conservative and safe. We did that a lot. It's all about being more consistent, because he was pretty darn good at times (PIT, NE, SEA, etc.). Just can't have those down games against TEN, SF, BUF. Not always going to be on your game, but more than this past season would go a long way.

Gotta imagine another year with Hackett, new shiny TE, Aaron returning, and maybe an upgrade along the OL should help.

I do believe he's good enough to get where we want to go. We'll just have to see.

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

To be fair, when you have a defense playing that well it allows you to be very conservative and safe. We did that a lot.

Sure, but there were plenty of times that we looked bad even trying to do that because our QB forgot how to throw a spiral for a few hours

I'd honestly be hard pressed to find a season by a QB that has left me more split on what to do than Bortles' season

So many times where I thought "well this could work long term" and too many times where I thought "why is this guy even in the league"

23 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Sure, but there were plenty of times that we looked bad even trying to do that because our QB forgot how to throw a spiral for a few hours

I'd honestly be hard pressed to find a season by a QB that has left me more split on what to do than Bortles' season

So many times where I thought "well this could work long term" and too many times where I thought "why is this guy even in the league"

I'm with you. He's inconsistent, no doubt about it. But when you take this year in a vacuum, I like what he did...

Just gotta hope there is more consistency and maybe even improvements still possible. He's still only 25 and showed some big flashes at times this year.

I just hope we do necessary things to help put a better unit around him. Lewis is nice but not as a focal guy. WR's were rough this year, but Dede and Cole stepped up big. Run game come midseason outside of a couple games here and there was not great.

He's a game manager type, he isn't going to put an offense on his back and lead us to the promised land. But I do think he can be good enough to be what we need.

(There is only a handful of guys that can lead a team to the promised land as we all know.)

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

hey, lets hope he's better than last year, because the defense won't be, and we aren't making the playoffs with him at last year's level of play

I agree. The D won’t be feasting on the QB’s they played last year.

Watson/Mariota/Luck X 2

Big Ben, Mahomes, Brady, Tannehill, whoever is Bills QB, Cousins? (Jets), Wentz, Alex Smith, Prescott, Eli?

The D won’t repeat what they did this past season. The offense is going to need to put up points if we are gonna go to the playoffs again. 

You have to think that for the Skins to pay a third + player to have Smith when Cousins was right in front of them, they received a massive financial discount from Smith compared to what Cousins wanted.

Cousins’ price tag would be extremely prohibitive. Almost feel like what he’s going to get year 1 is going to match the Year one price of Blake, ARob and Colvin combined.

44 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I doubt Cousins gets nearly as much as those 3 combined

Blake’s getting 19. ARob might get like 11. Colvin will get like 5. 35 year one doesn’t really seem that outrageous on the open market.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Blake’s getting 19. ARob might get like 11. Colvin will get like 5. 35 year one doesn’t really seem that outrageous on the open market.

I think Colvin will get more than 5 tbh.

Won't be the price of all 3 most likely, but will still be a very dumb number.

Archived