2018 Cap Casualty FA Market

Mind Character

I don't get the Cousins to Denver stuff. I mean yeah, with their defense constructed as it is, and with Sanders and Thomas at WR, he has receivers to work with and a defense that can stop opponents. However, they are going to have to either get contracts reworked, or cut bait/trade some of those players. The line isn't very good, there isn't a running game. Honestly, I think Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland all have better future outlooks than Denver. I'm not high on the Jets either as a destination. Their best receiver probably isnt going to get to play next year, they don't really have any weapons outside of him, and defensively they have some talent, young talent, but a lot of holes. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

tots down for only second contract players. 

If Cam Wake if he gets released or Tamba Hali would be 3-4th contract guys that I would pay a moderate amount over 2 years to come and play ball. 

Id definitely consider Tamba Hali at a good contract to mentor Ogbah, which I mentioned earlier in the thread. I like our youth and athleticism; it should be the foundation of how we build this team. Cowboys made a dynasty with this principle.

2 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't get the Cousins to Denver stuff. I mean yeah, with their defense constructed as it is, and with Sanders and Thomas at WR, he has receivers to work with and a defense that can stop opponents. However, they are going to have to either get contracts reworked, or cut bait/trade some of those players. The line isn't very good, there isn't a running game. Honestly, I think Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland all have better future outlooks than Denver. I'm not high on the Jets either as a destination. Their best receiver probably isnt going to get to play next year, they don't really have any weapons outside of him, and defensively they have some talent, young talent, but a lot of holes. 

If Im him, I go Vikes or Jags.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Id definitely consider Tamba Hali at a good contract to mentor Ogbah, which I mentioned earlier in the thread. I like our youth and athleticism; it should be the foundation of how we build this team. Cowboys made a dynasty with this principle.

I don't think Ogbah needs mentored. He seems like a pretty headsy player as is, as far as defensive linemen go. Watch his assignments, he wasn't asked to edge rush very often at all. He was either playing the run and/or stunting inside the majority of the time. Not great for sack totals but good for tackles for a loss which is almost as good.

I thought about Hali but in looking at his snaps last year, they really tallied off.  A lot.  

For me, I'd go with Jordy Nelson (slot guy mismatch guy), Clay Matthews (pass rusher, still productive on the outside and a MATTHEWS) Bennett at LE and I'd snag the honey badger in a second if he was available.  

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think Ogbah needs mentored. He seems like a pretty headsy player as is, as far as defensive linemen go. Watch his assignments, he wasn't asked to edge rush very often at all. He was either playing the run and/or stunting inside the majority of the time. Not great for sack totals but good for tackles for a loss which is almost as good.

I both agree and disagree. I agree that his assignment and responsibilities limited his sack oppurtunities, but I also know I saw enough one-on-one sack/passrush snaps where he looked like a jag. With his athleticism and size, that should almost never be the case. Hali, with a similar build and shared lack of elite bend, would hopefully be able to teach the kid how to better use his power and his hands to beat blockers. 

15 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

My first mock had Butler coming to us. He would be an excellent signing. I'd also take Mathieu from the cards if they were letting him leave as well. Our DBs would look pretty good if that happened. It would free us up to add offensive talent to the skilled positions via the draft. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

My favorite player that is playing at an elite level that could potentially hit the market is none other than Ndamukong Suh.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ndamukong-suh-is-not-in-the-dolphins-plans-beyond-2017-season/

He still plays at a top 3 level on the field despite needing to be guided via coaching away from issues outside of the football field.

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

My favorite player that is playing at an elite level that could potentially hit the market is none other than Ndamukong Suh.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ndamukong-suh-is-not-in-the-dolphins-plans-beyond-2017-season/

He still plays at a top 3 level on the field despite needing to be guided via coaching away from issues outside of the football field.

Idk...I LOVE his talent, but he’s been a bit of a head case.

Not sure we have the locker room in place to deal with someone like that.

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

TBH, I'd love this. In Miami, they had no other strong players on the defensive line with him. Wake was a good pass rusher, but as far as stopping the run, if Suh got double teamed, they had nobody else to help stop the run. Coming here, he'd be playing next to Shelton, Ogbah, Garrett who can defend the run and pass, and we have some pretty damn good rotational DT's in Ogunjobi and Coley. 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk...I LOVE his talent, but he’s been a bit of a head case.

Not sure we have the locker room in place to deal with someone like that.

Maybe the dynamic of strong coaches like Clyde Simmons and Gregg Williams can keep him on the straight and narrow....

But honestly, his effort and play have never been in question...only the fact that he's not a great leader and does things after the whistle like chokes other players.

A lot of the stuff with him in my mind is overblown as he's not a locker room killer, but he definitely needs strong coaching guidance or locker room accountability.

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

If we sign Suh and also draft or sign as FA another passrushing DE, our D-line is all of a sudden in a class with Rams/Jags. Linebackers are already in good shape, and some offseason additions to the secondary = a formidable D.

29 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Maybe the dynamic of strong coaches like Clyde Simmons and Gregg Williams can keep him on the straight and narrow....

But honestly, his effort and play have never been in question...only the fact that he's not a great leader and does things after the whistle like chokes other players.

A lot of the stuff with him in my mind is overblown as he's not a locker room killer, but he definitely needs strong coaching guidance or locker room accountability.

Yeah he’s not TO or something, but it’s a concern for me. I do think his aggressiveness would be welcomed.

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I could live with that.

Archived