Doug Farrar" Redskins improved with Alex smith "

Dashing202

Hey guys I know we have the trade thread for Smith . But let's focus on something different and maybe more positive . 

what!  will the redskins record be and what are Alex Smith stats and expectations this season.

comparison of Kirk and smith via PFF . I'm not into website sources but I thought y'all would enjoy this . 

Screenshot_20180131-161510.jpg.1e94286c0

Screenshot_20180131-161459.jpg.fd15dbe9f

Also getting paid 17 million this year not 24 .

Record :9-7 redskins 2018

A.Smith stats : 20 touchdowns 10 ints -302 rushing yards-63% rating .

I like the question, but would think it to be premature until we see the finished results of the season's roster. 

That, and I don't know enough about the current Jay Gruden scheme. Is he still WCO? Lots of 2 TE sets and/or play-action to come? 

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I like the question, but would think it to be premature until we see the finished results of the season's roster. 

That, and I don't know enough about the current Jay Gruden scheme. Is he still WCO? Lots of 2 TE sets and/or play-action to come? 

We like play actions . I'm sure skins go and acquire another WR and RB. 

Just now, Dashing202 said:

We like play actions . I'm sure skins go and acquire another WR and RB. 

That would be good. Alex is very effective with play action, so long as the RB is somewhat a threat. I hope y'all keep Vernon Davis another year.

Precision routes are probably most important to Alex. KC receivers were really not so good with them. Alex is not a great improviser. If everyone does their job well as designed, he functions at a very high level. If things break down, and the receivers don't earn trust in finding spots to make themselves available, this will be problematic. 

I'm hoping it ends disastrously. I hope Kirk performs at a top 5 level and Fuller ascends to an All-Pro level. I hope the third round pick to the Chiefs turns out to be a Pro Bowl stud and Alex Smith completely bombs here. Snyder will never suffer because he'll always be rich and own the team but maybe it will get Bruce fired.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I'm hoping it ends disastrously. I hope Kirk performs at a top 5 level and Fuller ascends to an All-Pro level. I hope the third round pick to the Chiefs turns out to be a Pro Bowl stud and Alex Smith completely bombs here. Snyder will never suffer because he'll always be rich and own the team but maybe it will get Bruce fired.

+1.  

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Atleast it's possible we don't see Kirk or play him . 

Oh you'll see Kirk. He'll forever be tied to this organization and every time he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs and Smith plays poorly it will be brought up. This isn't ending anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh you'll see Kirk. He'll forever be tied to this organization and every time he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs and Smith plays poorly it will be brought up. This isn't ending anytime soon.

Possibly dude .. there's no telling he will be successful. Let's say he goes to the Browns .

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Possibly dude .. there's no telling he will be successful. Let's say he goes to the Browns .

That doesn't mean he's going to suddenly suck. And here's the shocker, Cleveland has a real GM with a ton of cap space and a bunch of draft picks. I'm willing to bet they are good long before we are because we won't be until Snyder dies.

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

That would be good. Alex is very effective with play action, so long as the RB is somewhat a threat. I hope y'all keep Vernon Davis another year.

Precision routes are probably most important to Alex. KC receivers were really not so good with them. Alex is not a great improviser. If everyone does their job well as designed, he functions at a very high level. If things break down, and the receivers don't earn trust in finding spots to make themselves available, this will be problematic. 

If we don't actually draft a decent RB, then this point is moot

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sigh...you know... you're right.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That doesn't mean he's going to suddenly suck. And here's the shocker, Cleveland has a real GM with a ton of cap space and a bunch of draft picks. I'm willing to bet they are good long before we are because we won't be until Snyder dies.

Dorsey is a good GM I actually wish we had tried to go after him .

Archived