Doug Farrar" Redskins improved with Alex smith "

Dashing202

A lot of people are saying smith good or underrated .

doug williams

rodgers

steve smith

casselry 

And some fans here even said he's good .  Two chiefs fan and one 49ers fan .

His arm a lot better than people think. He wasn't a first round pick just cause he has mobility . He has good tool sets .

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

10-6 record. You heard it here first.  B|

Hope so. We’re going to need to find a running back, LG, starting WR, have a kicker that makes big kicks and be better on defense than we’ve been the last 3 years for that to happen.

Mike Vick out his mouth said that Smth is an upgrade . I agree, fellas gruden a good offensive coach . And smith could flurish on this offense . He's more athelthic than Kirk cousins had imo he's more consistent .

Smith will survive the NFCE. And we can finally beat prescott .

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Alex Smith is not a better QB than Kirk Cousins.

Different types of QBs. Cousins does some things better - especially from the pocket - and Alex Smith is better in other areas. Smith is more mobile, makes a lot of plays with his feet, extends plays and is more careful with the ball. Their production was basically identical last year. 

Smith had 14 less turnovers that Cousins (ints & fumbles combined), that along with his 26 TDs is why he had a 104.7 RTG.

Smith may not duplicate his yard numbers and TD numbers exactly from 2017 like Woz predicts but I don’t think there’s any question that Smith won’t go over 3500 yards - getting closer to 4000 - go over 20 TDs and have less than 10 ints again. 

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

lol at redskin fans saying alex is better then kirk. two points for you! alex is 34 and kirk is 30. alex's offensive weapons are not coming from kc with him!!

The age is a thing for the future, like 2 or 3 years from now it could make a big difference. Age ain’t nothing but a number when it comes to Smith. Smith is one of the most physically fit QBs in the nfl and amongst the most athletic. 

Yes, Tyreke Hill, Hunt and Kelce aren’t coming to DC with Smith but we do have weapons as well.

* Thompson was electric for us before his injury - which hurt our offense the final month and a half. 

* Reed is a huge weapon for us - I know health has been an issue - but it’s impossible to predict that he’ll have as bad of injuries as he’s had the last two years where he didn’t play much the second half of the season and it really hurt Cousins and our passing game.

* Doctson should develop more and become more consistent - it wouldn’t shock me if he has 70 recs, 1000 yards, 10 TDs or more in each of those categories. Smith hasn’t had a wr before with Doctson’s combination of size, speed and leaping ability, his development is key for our offense, especially for our red zone efficiency.

* We have Crowder, Smith will use him just the same as Kirk did, he’s going to get a lot of targets and have 60 to 80 recs 750 to 1000 yds and a handful of TDs. Hopefully he and Doctson catch more catchable balls in 2018 and score more TDs. 

* Then there is Vernon Davis who has been glowing of Smith and our acquisition of him. Davis will be a major target for Smith - he was his #1 target when they were in San Fran together - and I expect us to use a lot of 2 TE sets with both Davis and Reed to remain focal points of our offense along with Crowder and Thompson. He’ll probably once again catch around or just over 40 balls for around 500 yards and 2 or 3 TDs.

* Hopefully this offseason we acquire a true reliable starting running back who’s capable of going over 1,000 yards and getting around 10 TDs rushing. I do expect us to also use the extra cap money we have now to sign a better starting wr opposite Doctson. It may not be a pro bowl caliber guy but I expect him to be more than just an average WR starting opposite Doctson like we had last year with Grant.

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

lol at redskin fans saying alex is better then kirk. two points for you! alex is 34 and kirk is 30. alex's offensive weapons are not coming from kc with him!!

With Smith, I believe a superior OL is far more important than the weapons around him. He has that with a healthy Redskins' OL. 

The rest is simply in Alex learning to trust the weapons he has. 

As for which QB is better, what difference does it really make? Kirk Cousins was on a plane and not coming back. Washington had nothing at QB behind him to be encouraged with. 

The only valid gripe is whether you wanted to start over by developing a rookie, and sitting through a year or three of winning 5 or less games. Otherwise, it's hard to argue that you didn't get the best QB option replacement not named.. Cousins. 

21 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

With Smith, I believe a superior OL is far more important than the weapons around him. He has that with a healthy Redskins' OL. 

The rest is simply in Alex learning to trust the weapons he has. 

As for which QB is better, what difference does it really make? Kirk Cousins was on a plane and not coming back. Washington had nothing at QB behind him to be encouraged with. 

The only valid gripe is whether you wanted to start over by developing a rookie, and sitting through a year or three of winning 5 or less games. Otherwise, it's hard to argue that you didn't get the best QB option replacement not named.. Cousins. 

Thank you. Welcome to the forum.

Archived