Searching for our Bridge QB: Alex Smith VS. Tyrod Taylor

Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

What’s the point of bringing in someone who really doesn’t improve your team.... I want a QB who can throw the ball and I can tell you from watching many a bills games tyrod is not that great of a passer

If you don’t think Tyrod is an improvement over what we’ve seen from Kizer you need to stop watching Tyrod play and start watching Kizer more.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you don’t think Tyrod is an improvement over what we’ve seen from Kizer you need to stop watching Tyrod play and start watching Kizer more.

That’s great that he is an improvement over kizer the dildo thrown on the field by bills fans is an improvement over kizer. If you think tyrod is going to come here on a minimum salary thinking he is just here to bridge to who we draft you’re wrong he is going to want to be paid and he is going to want to be the guy. And he certainly does not have talent to be the guy, it’s is not worth replacing a turd sandwich with a vomit casserole, but go right ahead and replace the 21 year old rookie who is inaccurate and doesn’t have much pocke presence with the veteran who is inaccurate and has bad pocket presence 

3 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

That’s great that he is an improvement over kizer the dildo thrown on the field by bills fans is an improvement over kizer. If you think tyrod is going to come here on a minimum salary thinking he is just here to bridge to who we draft you’re wrong he is going to want to be paid and he is going to want to be the guy. And he certainly does not have talent to be the guy, it’s is not worth replacing a turd sandwich with a vomit casserole, but go right ahead and replace the 21 year old rookie who is inaccurate and doesn’t have much pocke presence with the veteran who is inaccurate and has bad pocket presence 

I’m not saying he’s great, I’m saying he’s serviceable for a year.

Pay him all he wants...on a one year deal.  Put a decent team around him and he’s good enough to get you to the playoffs. He’ll make a play or two and won’t turn the ball over.

He’s not Alex Smith like we were hoping, but beggars can’t be choosers and that’s about where we’re at right now. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

The Broncos, Bills, Cards and Jags can't afford Cousins atm. 

We aren't getting Cousins. We should send some low picks to take away some good players from those teams. 

Great idea.

Using our picks and cap space creatively.

Just like Sashi would do.

But Dorsey?

Maybe DePodesta will tell him.

59 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Great idea.

Using our picks and cap space creatively.

Just like Sashi would do.

But Dorsey?

Maybe DePodesta will tell him.

Yeah hopefully depodesta is good at making flow charts. 

Or or he could just say Bill Belichick does it.

Tyrod with his whole 2,799 yards this season with a whopping 14 passing TD and his 7 games of under 200 yards passing 2 games of under 100 yards passing no 300 yard passing games is exactly what we need, I’m not gonna sit here and say we don’t need to address the qb spot but good lord we can do better, yea he only had 4 I td this year you know why, because he never takes a chance he will not throw to a guy unless he is completely uncovered.

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Tyrod with his whole 2,799 yards this season with a whopping 14 passing TD and his 7 games of under 200 yards passing 2 games of under 100 yards passing no 300 yard passing games is exactly what we need, I’m not gonna sit here and say we don’t need to address the qb spot but good lord we can do better, yea he only had 4 I td this year you know why, because he never takes a chance he will not throw to a guy unless he is completely uncovered.

1. Context matters. Buffalo gutted there team before and during the season to prepare for a tank.They got rid of their top 2 WRs: Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods....they got rid of their top 2 defensive players: DT Marcel Dareus, CB Ronald Darby via trade....their OLine was absolutely garbage. Tyrod's play with these challenges is regarded by most who actually watched as one of his best year in terms of putting the team on his back late in games.

2. You'd probably not being saying "we can do better" if we signed Alex Smith. Tyrod and Smith's numbers are virtually the same beside the outlier of this year for Alex Smith.

The truth is...we can't do much better. Our options are AJ Mccaron, Tyrod Taylor, Case Keenum...Tyrod is a good option out of those 3. They'll all serve their role well as Bridge QBs

On 1/31/2018 at 7:25 PM, Mind Character said:

Tyrod Taylor

js5PKtM.png

Alex Smith

0OkJFfq.png

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The Broncos, Bills, Cards and Jags can't afford Cousins atm. 

We aren't getting Cousins. We should send some low picks to take away some good players from those teams. 

The only issue with this is I doubt these teams target those types of players to move. They will target guys with larger cap hits to restructure or release. Now I am all for it depending on what players we are talking about. If Denver wanted to move Talib, Harris and/or Thomas, I'd take those no questions asked. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, Mind Character said:

Teddy is not the player he was before agility and movement wise, and Tyrod is a more dynamic and really more polished version of Bridgewater at this point.

His game was never based off of movement, his game is cerebral, timing and accuracy within the pocket, as long as he can maneuver inside of the pocket, he'll be fine.

I'd bring back McCown and call it a day. He'll be cheap and kinda knows Hueball's offense and coaching style. Plus he probably isn't looking to play much longer anyways. A lot of the guys mentioned here and in other posts are in their prime. What QB would want to come to Cleveland (if that isn't hard enough) then be told "Hey you are going to start for us until >Insert Rookie QB here <is ready"?  

That is all

mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

His game was never based off of movement, his game is cerebral, timing and accuracy within the pocket, as long as he can maneuver inside of the pocket, he'll be fine.

I'd disagree as his game was predicated on the subtle and dynamic in the pocket movement game.

He was a dynamic mover in the pocket with up steps, side steps, shuffle and resets, and the scramble to extend when necessary.

By all accounts, practice and minnesota media, Teddy lost his movement and pacing dynamism in the pocket.

Having gone 14TDs;12INTs followed by 14TDs; 9INTs the following year, Teddy is not as polished and productive in terms of TDs, running, TD-INT Ratio, and deep ball ability compared to Tyrod.

Teddy's been diminished enough to the point where we should look elsewhere.

Archived