DingoLadd

Chargers Offseason thread

I'm fine with Geno as the backup, if he ever sees significant snaps we're screwed anyway might as well roll with a semi terrible QB familiar with the offense.

No matter where Geno goes he gets screwed over so hopefully the Geno curse goes away. 

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm fine with Geno as the backup, if he ever sees significant snaps we're screwed anyway might as well roll with a semi terrible QB familiar with the offense.

No matter where Geno goes he gets screwed over so hopefully the Geno curse goes away. 

Yea I’m fine with it as well. I think he may be a solid backup. I guess I don’t think about Kellen Clemons all that much but I’m assuming he’s just done in the nfl? Retirement or forced retirement? I know he and Phil are good buddies so I feel bad in that regard and I also liked seeing him go out as the lone team captain in an OT coin toss or things like that. 

Rivers doesn’t miss time. The guy is a maniac when it comes to playing hurt. I always judge our back up quarterback based on their duties of holding the clipboard and helping Rivers prepare. Clemons was exceptional at prepping Rivers. They’d carpool from San Diego in River’s tricked out SUV and watch film during the commute. I don’t know if Gene can do that. Looks like he is being brought in for some phantom idea that he has talent with his legs. A wasted skill in a quarterback for the most part. Even the great Testaverde only ripped off a few long runs in his career. 

I guess Clemons is retiring? I don’t like this move. I’ve never known reading defenses or preparation to be in Geno’s tool set. Come home to us CBJ!

So... several days since Chris McCain's lowest RFA tender was rescinded, and called a "business move" by Lynn, and still no signing or move to use the preserved cap room or anything coming to surface as to some legal/character matter that would have spurred this move.  I don't get it.

18 hours ago, The LBC said:

So... several days since Chris McCain's lowest RFA tender was rescinded, and called a "business move" by Lynn, and still no signing or move to use the preserved cap room or anything coming to surface as to some legal/character matter that would have spurred this move.  I don't get it.

I'm baffled by this move.  If they use the money from McCain and Luiget to sign Boston then I could at least see the reasoning.  That's what I was expecting. I will say, I'm sure our front office at least shopped him in trade and must not have like the offers (if any) coming back.  And the fact that he hasn't signed anywhere yet sort of makes you scratch your head too

Edited by BoltsFan937

22 hours ago, The LBC said:

The fact that no character issue has shown up probably means that it was only a business move. The FO probably didn't think he was worth the 1.9 million tender. I would also be a little bit more patient when it comes to FO moves. My hope is that they are trying to get Jonathan Hankins at a reasonable price.

18 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I'm baffled by this move.  If they use the money from McCain and Luiget to sign Boston then I could at least see the reasoning.  That's what I was expecting. I will say, I'm sure our front office at least shopped him in trade and must not have like the offers (if any) coming back.  And the fact that he hasn't signed anywhere yet sort of makes you scratch your head too

I don't think they should be spending that much on Boston. You already have other players on the team who could fill his role. And they can all intercept the ball without going out of bounds.