Eagles TCMD War Room- Draft Complete!

EaglesPeteC

Vaitai is 24 years old and protected Nick's blindside throughout the playoffs despite often having defenses throw everything at him. He's improving and I'd be completely comfortable relying on his going forward if the Eagles had to.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm also still curious as to who we'd be able to restructure. Malcolm Jenkins and Fletcher Cox make the most sense to me.

Can't restructure Cox because his base salary is guaranteed. I think the best restructure on this team is Lane Johnson who currently had no guarantees because of his suspensions and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think the concession Pete listed earlier is Jason Peters, unless you meant you'd rather keep the OL in tact?

After looking at it, cutting or trading Jason Peters only nets the Eagles about 4 million. That isn't really worth it to me. Keeping Peters makes sense.

Cutting Warmack opens up virtually no cap room, thus no reason to do it.

Trading Curry got us out of the red. Cutting Celek and Smith gets us to about +9 million.

Then I am going to have to restructure guys.

Restructuring Lane Johnson will add +7 mill

Restructuring Brandon Brooks will add +5 mill

Restructuring Jason Kelce will add +3 mill

That'll give me around 24 million.

I'll need to set 5 aside for the draft and to have going into the year, so I'm looking at 19 mill in usable space for free agency.

Putting the Transition Tag on Bradham soaks up 11.9 million leaving little room for much else. I'll have to extend him to lower his cap hit, if I do that, but it really puts me out of commission for other FA signings until that situation is cleared up.

Or I can just put in a standard FA bid and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Putting the Transition Tag on Bradham soaks up 11.9 million leaving little room for much else. I'll have to extend him to lower his cap hit, if I do that, but it really puts me out of commission for other FA signings until that situation is cleared up.

Or I can just put in a standard FA bid and see what happens.

Assuming the rest of the team remains intact what do you think it s more efficient use of money? Resigning Bradham and only having space for depth moves or going into FA with some money?

Honestly in my opinion if you didn't resign Bradham your top target going into FA with money would be LB anyway. I think 11 mil is an overpayment but I also think its a decent risk to avoid fighting over players in FA as our team is pretty complete as is.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Assuming the rest of the team remains intact what do you think it s more efficient use of money? Resigning Bradham and only having space for depth moves or going into FA with some money?

Honestly in my opinion if you didn't resign Bradham your top target going into FA with money would be LB anyway. I think 11 mil is an overpayment but I also think its a decent risk to avoid fighting over players in FA as our team is pretty complete as is.

I mean positional priorities would be SLB, WR to replace Torrey, TE, DL depth and S depth

I have players in mind for each. 

You can use that money to make depth overall stronger but that might not be enough to really run at a huge impact guy

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know that's a pretty boring offseason but if it ain't broke ya don't need to fix it....

Yeah, this isn't going to be terribly exciting offseason unless I find a trade partner for Foles. 

I'm not pushing that situation overly hard right now. I'm looking for a Top 50 pick value, and if I don't get that he is staying.

I mean positional priorities would be SLB, WR to replace Torrey, TE, DL depth and S depth

I have players in mind for each. 

You can use that money to make depth overall stronger but that might not be enough to really run at a huge impact guy

So that's kinda my point....do you think with ~7+ mil is enough to hit the above targets?

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

So that's kinda my point....do you think with ~7+ mil is enough to hit the above targets?

hmmmmm, maybe.

This is kind of the internal battle I'm going through. I keep going back and forth on it.

The thing with the transition tag is I can set aside that 11.9 for him and then if another team come in with an offer sheet that I can't match, I've lost him and I've allocated those funds and missed out on two rounds of Free Agency.

Right now I've got 4 other contracts built besides Bradham's 3 UFA bids and a Reserve/Resign bid

Player 1's 2018 Cap hit is $1.04 million

Player 2's 2018 Cap hit is $790k

Player 3's 2018 Cap hit is $2.5 million

Player 4's 2018 Cap hit is $2 million

That is $6.33 million, so it doesn't screw up my Round 1 plan (as of this very moment) up too much. 

The thing with the transition tag is I can set aside that 11.9 for him and then if another team come in with an offer sheet that I can't match, I've lost him and I've allocated those funds and missed out on two rounds of Free Agency.

Well....if you're that concerned you can always franchise him and extend him from there. It would cost about 2 mil more but it would guarantee you don't have the rug pulled. It also really depends on your confidence in getting that resigning done.

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Well....if you're that concerned you can always franchise him and extend him from there. It would cost about 2 mil more but it would guarantee you don't have the rug pulled. It also really depends on your confidence in getting that resigning done.

It's a pretty solid offer but it only takes one team with an absurd amount of money to throw around though

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's a pretty solid offer but it only takes one team with an absurd amount of money to throw around though

If you drop a non-exclusive franchise tag I doubt that that's an issue because I don't think any team is giving up two firsts for Bradham. Again, still comes down to your ability to renegotiate that into a longer term deal at a lower cap hit whether or not the tag is prohibitive.

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I really don't see any reason why you can't get Bradham resigned for 8-9 million. Doubling his salary on one good year is obscene but even obscene is manageable as it leaves you with 10-11 mil to play in FA.

In theory yes, but people go crazy in this mock. I feel like I'm just going to put in my best offer that doesn't break my budget and if it gets beat out, so be it.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:
8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I really don't see any reason why you can't get Bradham resigned for 8-9 million. Doubling his salary on one good year is obscene but even obscene is manageable as it leaves you with 10-11 mil to play in FA.

In theory yes, but people go crazy in this mock. I feel like I'm just going to put in my best offer that doesn't break my budget and if it gets beat out, so be it.

I meant as an extension after the franchise tag. No reason to not guarantee locking him up, its not like we need the tag for anything else.

Archived