Sam Darnold

Aztec Hammer

I was watching his interview on NFLN from the super bowl coverage in Minnesota. I like how he flashed a small smile when they mentioned he might be a future Cleveland Brown. No apprehension, just the same even-keeled demeanour that isn't worried about who drafts him. That coupled with actual blue-chip qualities at the position is something that Cleveland could use.

Read one or two tweets recently that say they expect him to be the pick.

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I was watching his interview on NFLN from the super bowl coverage in Minnesota. I like how he flashed a small smile when they mentioned he might be a future Cleveland Brown. No apprehension, just the same even-keeled demeanour that isn't worried about who drafts him. That coupled with actual blue-chip qualities at the position is something that Cleveland could use.

Read one or two tweets recently that say they expect him to be the pick.

If you're unnecessarily getting my hopes up, I'm blocking you.

I think the dominos are starting to fall. Smith has moved onto the Redskins. Opening up Cousins to fix his situation and it seems that will result in him becoming a Bronco. That removes the mega priced free agent QBs and should push the Browns solely towards the draft as the place to find their future.

Josh Rosen doesn't really want to play for us. I think that'll be enough to push him from Dorsey's top spot. Baker Mayfield has his own set of pros/cons and has never really been considered the consensus #1 guy, and that coupled with the comparisons that can be made to Manziel in particular off the field (fairly or not) should be enough to give the Browns frights. If Dorsey is sane of mind, Josh 56% Allen should not even be in consideration.

That leaves Darnold as both the cleanest fit for Cleveland on and off the field.

Add a bridge QB in free agency to restore some competency and give Sam time to get adjusted. Then we can go and use #4 and all the rest of the picks to build around him.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

DRAFT HIM. 

Since apparently offseason/inseason and tampering isn't a thing anymore, let's just announce it right now and sign him before April 28.

im pretty sure we could.  or at least when the league year starts.  can def sign 1st overall picks before the draft

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

im pretty sure we could.  or at least when the league year starts.  can def sign 1st overall picks before the draft

Yeah

I mean, I wouldn't just because "what if" some type of tragic circumstance happened, but I'd make it known publicly and back him.

Archived