Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

2 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

He gone

have to feel the willingness to fire him was eased after the passing of his grandpa.

shame if that was the reason he still had a job though 

It was, how was it that we had damn near the best at every position and had this guy who had no idea what to do with all the talent he had in his room. We just got better and I hope its Hartline

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It was, how was it that we had damn near the best at every position and had this guy who had no idea what to do with all the talent he had in his room. We just got better and I hope its Hartline

Saying beck was one of the best lol Zach might of not been the best WR coach but he was one of the best recruiters in the nation and was one hell of a recruiting coordinator. I also don’t put all the blame on him for lack of great WR play. Hard to look good as a WR when Miller and JTB were throwing you passes 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Saying beck was one of the best lol Zach might of not been the best WR coach but he was one of the best recruiters in the nation and was one hell of a recruiting coordinator. I also don’t put all the blame on him for lack of great WR play. Hard to look good as a WR when Miller and JTB were throwing you passes 

I do, Zach Smith was horrible at his job, he only got his reputation based off of Michael Thomas and that was pretty much all Thomas. And part of the reason was guys were running lazy a** routes and not competing for the ball. Plus its easy to try to blame those QBs now but not a single fan was complaining when Herman had his hands on them because they all flourished when he was here. Lets stop making excuses for the guy, he didn't hold up his end of the bargain on the field.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

He brings up a valid point.

But for some reason I doubt the conferences come to an agreement on it. Would be revolutionary if they did.

Personally what I'd like to see is:

8 conference games, no FCS games. At least 2 non conference games must be against power 5 schools.

12 hours ago, Texasmade said:
15 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

And 3 years after the other fact

Yea....well....ya see.....what had happened was......

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24182084/urban-meyer-says-decision-fire-assistant-zach-smith-was-very-tough-call

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said the decision to fire assistant coach Zach Smith was a "very tough call" made in the best interest of the team.

Meyer fired Smith on Monday, days after an Ohio judge issued a protection order that forbids Smith from getting within 500 feet of his ex-wife.

"The most important people in our program are our players," Meyer said Tuesday morning at Big Ten media days in Chicago. "We're very clear of our expectations. We decided to make a change."

Meyer said he didn't want to discuss the details about why Smith was fired now, but he acknowledged that past allegations publicized this week were a factor.

"I do understand the value that the Ohio State University is bigger than all of us," Meyer said. "It wasn't just my decision. It was other people I relied on."

Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

28 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I do, Zach Smith was horrible at his job, he only got his reputation based off of Michael Thomas and that was pretty much all Thomas. And part of the reason was guys were running lazy a** routes and not competing for the ball. Plus its easy to try to blame those QBs now but not a single fan was complaining when Herman had his hands on them because they all flourished when he was here. Lets stop making excuses for the guy, he didn't hold up his end of the bargain on the field.

They all flourished when JTB was actually able to throw the ball. Herman was the OC/QB coach. Best one we have ever had IMO. 

Its easy to blame those QBs now? C’mon we both know Miller and JTB lacked decent Passing abilities. The one year JTB looked like a competent passer was the best our WRs looked. Heck the best our WRs looked last year was with Haskins. WR play and QB play have been lacking since 2014. Just saying it’s hard for a WR to look good when a QB can’t lead you on a streak or a slant and throws it’s behind you or under throws you. This season will be a big telling point with Haskins being the starter 

I think NCAAF should go to an NFL style of rotating Power 5 conferences and non power 5s. Play your 9 conference games, +1 p5 game +1 non p5 game and add a play anyone you want game. #1 will play #1 #2 against #2, etc. Home and away would be back and forth or decided by coin flip. You would see a lot more conference vs conference type weekends, like they do in basket ball. (which always gets me hyped up). 

That is all

Mastercheddaar 

Sounds like Arkansas-Little Rock could be starting a football program soon. They just finished a feasibility study but no timetable on when a decision would be made. Not sure which level they would start off at but they are in the Sun Belt in other sports.

Archived