Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Would you say that, based on what we know, that the most likely scenario here or the scenario that best explains his behavior is that Urban Meyer was aware of what Smith did in 2015, kept him on staff in spite of that knowledge, and removed any evidence of his knowledge by deleting the messages from his phone? I'm not saying there's 100% undeniable smoking gun proof of what happened. All I'm saying is you outlined best/worst case scenario without mentioning their relative likelihood, and I think that's important in these discussions.

Speaking for myself, I am confident that Urban Meyer has never and still does not see Courtney Smith as a victim. Knowing the relationship, right or wrong, he saw a toxic relationship and knew Courtney Smith was literally crazy. I think there is a weird misconception about 2015. Zach Smith was never arrested. Urban gets a text message about a story McMurphy is running about Zach Smith being arrested for a 2015 DV. He checks with the university records and what they have from the police. His response to the media and media day is “I don’t know who makes up a story like that.” Brett McMurphy then falsely drops the gavel reporting a 2015 arrest. People run with the narrative, and Brett McMurphy quietly edits his post erasing his report of an arrest. How can people not get this part of the story and how shady the perception is here? I have said all along that I am completely content with where people fall on Urban Meyer’s fault with putting up with Zach Smith. If people think he should be fired for the ridiculous leash he gave him, that is fine, and to each his own. But a very expensive report and all of the actual facts we know do not support any domestic violence cover up. The narrative really bothers me. And I agree with the general sentiment that Urban Meyer and most coaches do not care about character nearly as much as winning.  All I ask is that people actually look at the facts and stop with just going along with the hot takes. Whatever conclusions people draw if they can intelligently reach them, I’m fine with. The partial and distorted hot take narratives on both ends are ridiculous though. People have biases both for and against the situation. Obviously Urban is lying about his wife not sharing texts with him. That’s ridiculous to believe otherwise, it just can’t be proven. And from there, peoples deductions vary depending on whether you think Courtney Smith was a victim or not of should have been viewed as one by Meyer. His stance, reasonably, was that various drunken calls to the police led to nothing criminal against Smith. He saw her as a crazy person in a toxic relationship. He had a blind eye to Smith’s faults, but he wasn’t necessarily wrong about Courtney. With that said, people have their own opinions about the consequence that should result from a horribly mismanaged Assistant from start to finish. My opinion is that he screwed up big time by not firing Smith along time ago. That dude is a mess. He is not an abuser, but he is an absolute idiot.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Y'all are also the most sensitive fan base on the site lmao.

I also dont give a **** that Wisco lost. They deserved to lose. That has absolutely no bearing on what's being discussed here. None. Y'all are just embarrassing lol.

I like a few of you but the rest...my goodness. 

It’s a shame we don’t play you guys this year. Thread would probably be closed within 10 pages ?

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Speaking for myself, I am confident that Urban Meyer has never and still does not see Courtney Smith as a victim. Knowing the relationship, right or wrong, he saw a toxic relationship and knew Courtney Smith was literally crazy. I think there is a weird misconception about 2015. Zach Smith was never arrested. Urban gets a text message about a story McMurphy is running about Zach Smith being arrested for a 2015 DV. He checks with the university records and what they have from the police. His response to the media and media day is “I don’t know who makes up a story like that.” Brett McMurphy then falsely drops the gavel reporting a 2015 arrest. People run with the narrative, and Brett McMurphy quietly edits his post erasing his report of an arrest. How can people not get this part of the story and how shady the perception is here? I have said all along that I am completely content with where people fall on Urban Meyer’s fault with putting up with Zach Smith. If people think he should be fired for the ridiculous leash he gave him, that is fine, and to each his own. But a very expensive report and all of the actual facts we know do not support any domestic violence cover up. The narrative really bothers me. And I agree with the general sentiment that Urban Meyer and most coaches do not care about character nearly as much as winning.  All I ask is that people actually look at the facts and stop with just going along with the hot takes. Whatever conclusions people draw if they can intelligently reach them, I’m fine with. The partial and distorted hot take narratives on both ends are ridiculous though. People have biases both for and against the situation. Obviously Urban is lying about his wife not sharing texts with him. That’s ridiculous to believe otherwise, it just can’t be proven. And from there, peoples deductions vary depending on whether you think Courtney Smith was a victim or not of should have been viewed as one by Meyer. His stance, reasonably, was that various drunken calls to the police led to nothing criminal against Smith. He saw her as a crazy person in a toxic relationship. He had a blind eye to Smith’s faults, but he wasn’t necessarily wrong about Courtney. With that said, people have their own opinions about the consequence that should result from a horribly mismanaged Assistant from start to finish. My opinion is that he screwed up big time by not firing Smith along time ago. That dude is a mess. He is not an abuser, but he is an absolute idiot.

Wasting keystrokes, man. This dude's mind is made up. The friggin FBI could investigate this and find there no wrong doing but he'd be in here "Urban covered up everything!!! He let it happen!!!" Only b/c the outcome doesn't coincide w/ what he personally wanted. It's just a fact. People will never just "look at facts" when they have an agenda. From the start, those who have said they want to wait for the facts are those who are instantly backing Meyer and "want wins more than anything else" to them. Then when the facts came out, those opinions never changed they just weren't believed. It's ridiculous.

New pics were even just released showing Zach obtained abuse in the 2009 incident. I'm not gonna pretend he's a victim though. They're both huge heaping piles of poo and shouldn't have ever been together. Sucks for their kids.

Ya this narrative that Urban kept Zack Smith on his staff, knowing that he was abusing his wife, is absolutely absurd.  We are talking about a WR coach people.  There are plenty of others that could get the job done.  I don't believe we will ever know the full extent of the abuse (or so-called abuse) that took place between Zack and Courtney.  Either way....how is it that Urban is somehow being labeled a low-life for keeping Zack Smith as a coach?  If he gave him the longer leash because of his relationship with the family, is that a bad thing?  How did that negatively affect Cortney Smith?  If he fires Zach Smith, that helps her how?  

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

If he fires Zach Smith, that helps her how?  

It shows her that there are consequences for her husband’s terrible actions and that she doesn’t have to continue to be steamrolled by the machine continuing to protect him at her & her children’s expense.  Instead, it got swept under the rug for several more years.  Several more years of abuse   

I haven’t seen lying like that in the Tom Rinaldi interview since Bill Clinton’s “definition of is” nonsense.  

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

4. I believe that if Urban was a coach that wasn't elite, lost to his rivals, didn't win B1G championships, he'd be out of a job. It's funny how important character/integrity becomes when you aren't a fantastic coach or player. I also believe that he was suspended conveniently for 3 games to pacify the public instead of doing it for "right reasons".

See Jim McElwain lying about death threats. 

OSU had all the ammo they needed even in just that two week investigative report to say “... and therefore, Urban Meyer is terminated with cause,” between the failure to disclose the ‘09 arrest, the deletion of text messages, not believing him when he says he never knew of the messages his wife had from Courtney Smith (lol), the public blowback from lying at B1G media days about it, keeping ZS on staff for months after the trespass arrest and only firing him after the story was public, etc. etc..

But man, there’s just no surefire 73-8 head coach waiting in the wings.

And to be clear, that sentiment isn’t unique to Ohio State. The same sliding scale of justice is everywhere in college sports.

1 hour ago, BigD88 said:

See Jim McElwain lying about death threats. 

OSU had all the ammo they needed even in just that two week investigative report to say “... and therefore, Urban Meyer is terminated with cause,” between the failure to disclose the ‘09 arrest, the deletion of text messages, not believing him when he says he never knew of the messages his wife had from Courtney Smith (lol), the public blowback from lying at B1G media days about it, keeping ZS on staff for months after the trespass arrest and only firing him after the story was public, etc. etc..

But man, there’s just no surefire 73-8 head coach waiting in the wings.

And to be clear, that sentiment isn’t unique to Ohio State. The same sliding scale of justice is everywhere in college sports.

Meyer shouldn’t need to disclose the ‘09 arrest. That’s why HR departments run background checks. That’s on the a public school not running BCI/FBI background checks. The treaspassing issue wasn’t really worth firing. The treaspasing incident just opened the pandora box on Smith. Other issues are borderline. If sucked as a HC, he gets fired because those issues mixed in with no performs aren’t good. Since he is such a great coach, he doesn’t get fired for them. 

You guys continual need to paint Courtney Smith as a crazy drunk when it's only OSU fans and "outlets" painting her as such is disgusting.

Zach Smith is a terrible person for ****s sake stop trying to dance around that and absolve your ****ty human being of a coach. He's a bad person, you don't need to ignore that he's a bad person who did a bad thing to say "but I want him to coach my team because that means more to me than this". At least be honest with yourselves and with us and we can stop this stupid charade. Absolving Zach Smith just so you can claim an illusory moral high ground for something that doesn't need you to attempt to do that is just ****ed up.

Archived