Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

Even we're to accept a reality that his decision to sleep in the car with the ignition running was some act of nobility, it still ignores the fact that sleeping it off doesn't ensure immediate sobriety. The morning after DUI is a very real thing. Granted, a lot of it depends on how long he sleeps, but if a dude is so impaired he passes out in his car, while completely ignoring any possibility of a public transport (cab, uber, whatever else Tuscaloosa has going for them, etc.) it's going to take more than a quick cat nap for him to sober up enough to legally operate a vehicle, which is partly why the law is written the way it is. 

Besides, it's not like anyone is calling for him to be kicked out off the team, out of school, or to generally just eat **** and die, but a 1 game suspension is a more than reasonable punishment, that's going to have zero long term impact on his future or quality of life, provided he takes the opportunity and learn from it. Of course that's not going to help the Alabama football team beat Florida State, so there's also that to consider....

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

Rosen's always been this way. Trent Dilfer hates him because (allegedly) Rosen is outspokenly non-religious and didn't go along with all of Dilfer's religious shtick during an Elite 11 camp.

I'll put the over/under at about game 6 of his first regular season before the NFL fanbase looses their mind over this kid.

If Colin Kaepernick is blackballed for sitting silently for a few games during a song where most people watching at home get up to go get beer.

I can't imagine anybody responding well to this kid, and I imagine ownership basically tells him "shut the **** up or we won't take you" which is a damn shame.

3 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Rosen is probably going to bust. Just screams a primadonna

I mean, nothing he's done has really shown he's anything other than an immature college kid with a propensity to be overly honest in a landscape where we've "perfected" the carefully curated and focus group tested soundbite that says utterly nothing. I just see a kid who's fed up with how things are and wants to use his voice to make a difference in any way he can.

Admire that, anybody that speaks out against the status quo is not a "diva" or whatever the NFL bought and sold media arms will tell you to make him shut up and sit down.

I hope more kids follow his example. The NFL is by FAR the most conservative sport of the Big 4, we need kids like this to break the status quo.

4 minutes ago, catcheryea said:
7 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

You see prima donna, I see intelligence with a voice.

yeah but he had a hot tub in his room. clearly he cares more about looking cool than taking care of the ball(s).

joshrosendormroomhottub.jpg

josh-rosen-cheerleaders.png

josh-rosen-arizona-christine.jpg

He's living his best life

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Admire that, anybody that speaks out against the status quo is not a "diva" or whatever the NFL bought and sold media arms will tell you to make him shut up and sit down.

I hope more kids follow his example. The NFL is by FAR the most conservative sport of the Big 4, we need kids like this to break the status quo.

That's the thing that's going to be hilarious about these 2 worlds colliding. The NFL is so passive aggressive about telling him to just accept their culture, and he's having none of it. "Baby", "prima donna", "doesn't love the game" is all code for rednecks aren't gonna like you very much.

And he's a good enough prospect that someone is going to take him. Hopefully he gets drafted closer to Georgia than Cali for the lulz.

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If Colin Kaepernick is blackballed for sitting silently for a few games during a song where most people watching at home get up to go get beer.

I proudly mute the national anthem. Terrible song tbh. And no one who gets offended by that has been able to show me their iTunes where they have the Star Spangled Banner downloaded.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's the thing that's going to be hilarious about these 2 worlds colliding. The NFL is so passive aggressive about telling him to just accept their culture, and he's having none of it. "Baby", "prima donna", "doesn't love the game" is all code for rednecks aren't gonna like you very much.

And he's a good enough prospect that someone is going to take him. Hopefully he gets drafted closer to Georgia than Cali for the lulz.

I can already see people having a coronary when he dances in the endzone. God if he was bi or something too? **** would melt.

Archived