Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So Hand wasnt even "driving". He was asleep in he car, which was in a parking lot, with the keys in the ignition. For all we know, a buddy drove him there and he got in and decided he couldnt drive. Far from a bama fan, but this should factor in to any punishment.

i meannnnnnnn

no

55 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Youre an auburn guy, right?

yes, but this isn't an auburn/bama thing. they're going to be the of best teams in the country again, they'll make the playoffs, and they'll probably make the championship game. even if they lose to fsu because hand is out, not that that will be the difference. i don't care about bama losing, i just think he should be punished for it. maybe not criminally, but suspending him for a half at least seems fair to me.

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

yes, but this isn't an auburn/bama thing. they're going to be the of best teams in the country again, they'll make the playoffs, and they'll probably make the championship game. even if they lose to fsu because hand is out, not that that will be the difference. i don't care about bama losing, i just think he should be punished for it. maybe not criminally, but suspending him for a half at least seems fair to me.

And you can honestly say you dont see a difference between actual drunk driving and being asleep while drunk in a parked car ina parking lot.

Im sure you do see the difference, otherwise itd be almost as embarassing as the beating yall are gonna get week 1. 

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

maybe not criminally

does this not show that i see the difference?

but at the end of the day, he obviously intended to drive at some point, which is bad. and deserves some form of disciplining.

30 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

otherwise itd be almost as embarassing as the beating yall are gonna get week 1.

what a time to be alive

10 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So Hand wasnt even "driving". He was asleep in he car, which was in a parking lot, with the keys in the ignition. For all we know, a buddy drove him there and he got in and decided he couldnt drive. Far from a bama fan, but this should factor in to any punishment.

This could depend on the state I'm not sure, but legally speaking, as long the keys are in the ignition, whether he was driving or not, is of no consequence, it's still considered driving under the influence. 

5 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

This could depend on the state I'm not sure, but legally speaking, as long the keys are in the ignition, whether he was driving or not, is of no consequence, it's still considered driving under the influence. 

Yeah I believe there have even been people arrested for DUI sleeping it off in the passenger seat in some states.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

And you can honestly say you dont see a difference between actual drunk driving and being asleep while drunk in a parked car ina parking lot.

Typically what precedes being asleep in a vehicle with the keys in the ignition, while drunk, is drunk driving. It's fairly uncommon for someone to get drunk, go to their car, put the keys in the ignition, and then take a nap in the drivers seat. It's considered driving under the influence in many states if you're found sleeping and drunk in the front seat of a car with the keys in the ignition, in the front of the car, or even in the car at all. Those laws are in place because, while that person is not literally at that moment driving drunk, it is very likely that person was "actual" driving drunk just a short time earlier.

33 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Typically what precedes being asleep in a vehicle with the keys in the ignition, while drunk, is drunk driving. It's fairly uncommon for someone to get drunk, go to their car, put the keys in the ignition, and then take a nap in the drivers seat. It's considered driving under the influence in many states if you're found sleeping and drunk in the front seat of a car with the keys in the ignition, in the front of the car, or even in the car at all. Those laws are in place because, while that person is not literally at that moment driving drunk, it is very likely that person was "actual" driving drunk just a short time earlier.

EXCUSE ME DON'T BRING LOGIC IN HERE

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

I understand why the laws are in place. Ive also been drunk before, quite a few times actually and I dont think if i was that drunk the thought in my head would be to find a nice parking lot to park in and tke a nap.

16 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I understand why the laws are in place. Ive also been drunk before, quite a few times actually and I dont think if i was that drunk the thought in my head would be to find a nice parking lot to park in and tke a nap.

DUI's aren't alcohol specific.....I wonder if there's some other recreational activity, that aside from impaired judgment, makes you kinda sleepy....hmmmmm. He wasn't by any chance in the parking lot of Whataburger was he?

Archived