Total Control Mock Draft.

DTMW78

Absolutely take that 3rd for Cyp if you can.

FAs I'd look into...

Andrew Norwell: Top Guard on the market. Would be a big time upgrade over Spain. Guard is a huge need, and an all pro guard of his caliber that's in the prime of his career would be a welcome addition. Plus the drop off after him is pretty large.

Lamarcus Joyner: As I mentioned the other day we need as many versatile cover guys as we can find this offseason and Joyner fits that bill perfectly.  Pair him with Byard and we have two safeties that we can move all over the field.  He could play anywhere in the defensive backfield. Players with that much versatility don't hit free agency often.

Teddy Bridgewater/Matt Moore/Tyrod Taylor- We need an upgrade over Matt Cassel at backup QB. I think I'd prefer to get this taken care of in FA as opposed to using a draft pick on a guy this year.  I'm sure a team will give Teddy starter money, but just in case his market doesn't develop how I'd expect it to, I wanted to state my interest there. I've always thought Matt Moore was very underrated, and I think he'd be a great backup. I love Tyrod's mobility, and it'd be nice to still have that aspect of our offense available to us if Marcus went down.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure I'll mention some others, but that's what I have off the top of my head.

Get I’d get back Spain if I were you. At least one of OGs from last year back. As far as FAs....

Jarvis Landry

Trumaine Johnson

Andrew Norwell

Demarcus Lawrence

Lamarcus Joyner

Idk who was resigned and franchised but I know these guys were scheduled. I’d target the top guys until they said no or sign elsewhere.  All could fit really well on the team and bring an upgrade. I wouldn’t go too crazy though. Maybe one max guy, and one or two mid level guys and the rest are low-level signings.

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Get I’d get back Spain if I were you. At least one of OGs from last year back. As far as FAs....

Jarvis Landry

Trumaine Johnson

Andrew Norwell

Demarcus Lawrence

Lamarcus Joyner

Idk who was resigned and franchised but I know these guys were scheduled. I’d target the top guys until they said no or sign elsewhere.  All could fit really well on the team and bring an upgrade. I wouldn’t go too crazy though. Maybe one max guy, and one or two mid level guys and the rest are low-level signings.

Agreed.

Tags come first along with rfa.

So I won't really know who will be available until then anyway.

Just looking for suggestions on who you think will fit and improve on what you had last year.

22 hours ago, TitanSS said:

At this point I'm just convinced Cyprien is a bad player. Our GM probably wont want to admit his mistake afyer one year so maybe we can move him to ILB.

My problem with this is we drafted a smaller coverage LB who I think is better in coverage than him even if he's not great against the run.

I think if Robinson can find someone better in FA or has a plan to draft his replacement bye bye Cyp Robinson prettt much knew or had a feeling that he could miss with his FA, which is why all our FA signed last yr pretty much got a chunk of their guaranteed in the 1st years of their deals. Cutting cyp cost us 2.5 mill with his cap hit but we clear 4.5 mill.  if we cut searcy we free up 3.8 mill & we can free up another 3.8 mill if we cut Sylvester Williams so add that up plus 6.5 mill of DeMarco ? that’s 18.6 mill added to the 50 plus mill we have available oh & the salary cap is expected to raise about 7 mill this offseason 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I think if Robinson can find someone better in FA or has a plan to draft his replacement bye bye Cyp Robinson prettt much knew or had a feeling that he could miss with his FA, which is why all our FA signed last yr pretty much got a chunk of their guaranteed in the 1st years of their deals. Cutting cyp cost us 2.5 mill with his cap hit but we clear 4.5 mill.  if we cut searcy we free up 3.8 mill & we can free up another 3.8 mill if we cut Sylvester Williams so add that up plus 6.5 mill of DeMarco ? that’s 18.6 mill added to the 50 plus mill we have available oh & the salary cap is expected to raise about 7 mill this offseason 

If I can move Cyprien which looks likely that's + 6 mill

Murray is another 6.5 mill

After drafted picks are taken care of I should have about 55 mill to play with.

I agree on Joyner... He'd be one of my top priorities... Allen too bit he's an RFA. Reid, Boston, and Vaccaro could also be cheaper options. Gilchrist has the obvious Vrabel connection.

At RB, Lewis, Hyde, and Crowell offer 3 down potential... Playing the 2016 Murray role. Again, I just dont trust that Henry can consistently be effective as a 3 down back. A guy like McKinnon, Sims, Burkhead, or even Vereen could offer a good 3rd down compliment if you feel Henry can be trusted as the bellcow in all other situations.

I doubt we throw big money st the higher end CBs available (Butler/Johnson), but they'll probably be lookibgbto upgrade depth. I'd be all in on Fuller, Dennard, or Amukamara. 

At guard, you have to tender Spain. . but I also wouldn't be against bringing Kline back. He is the better option going forward towards a zone blocking scheme. I dont knowuch about the other guards to offer much here... Just remember the probable switch to zone blocking. Dont forget Conklin will likely start the season on the PUP list, so you'll want to find an option there as well... Maybe someone who cab start inside and outside as needed. I'm also not sure I'm confident in Kelly starting 6+ games at RT. I wouldn't be against overpaying a vet to start at RT for those 6 games.

Don't overlook backup QB. Its time to find someone decent behind Mariota. Kaep would be ideal... It just makes too much sense. I also like Bridgewater, Gabbert, and Daniels... Austin Davis could be a great fit in LaFleur's offense, so he's piqued my interest. Savage, with O'Hara/Vrabel connections could be possibility as well.

Ford could be a great piece at OLB, but he may be looking to be a full time starter (and starter money). I'd also take a shot at someone like Attachou or Mingo, who are still young enough and with enough potential to take a stab that our staff can flip their switch. Longacre is also appealing, but he's an RFA.

Were always solid on the dline, so the need isn't there... But if I could make a run at Richardson or Irving (RFA), I'd put them pretty high on that priority list.

I don't see Sylvester Williams being cut this year. He's our best option as a squatting NT to hold the middle of the field on early downs and in obvious running situations. If they felt Johnson was goin to be a pure NT they wouldn't have signed Williams to begin with. It would cost 2.5 mil to cut him and only save 3 mil this year. If we cut him next year we only have .6 mil dead money and save 5.5 mil off the cap, and I think that's what happens.

I like the idea of having Williams as our early down NT, Jones as our starting DE, and Johnson who can rotate in and out at either position. Depth with those 300+ lb guys is important. Cutting a guy just to save 3 mil creates another need we don't need to create. I think those 3 plus Casey at DE and Klug as a situational pass rusher gives a really solid DL.

I also want to bring back David King as a potential pass rushing option at thr 5 tech. I don't think he's big enough to play the 4 tech or 4i like Jones and Johnson can, but he turned in some really impressive numbers at his pro day for his size and has the length to give people trouble if he could just out it together on the field. He did notch a sack last season in very limited time. He provides a build and athletic skillset that no other DL on our roster has.

2 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

If I can move Cyprien which looks likely that's + 6 mill

Murray is another 6.5 mill

After drafted picks are taken care of I should have about 55 mill to play with.

It won’t be a plus 6 mill it’ll be 4.5 we take a 2.5 cap hit in dead money we save 4.5 rather than keep him paying him 6 mill next season 

42 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't see Sylvester Williams being cut this year. He's our best option as a squatting NT to hold the middle of the field on early downs and in obvious running situations. If they felt Johnson was goin to be a pure NT they wouldn't have signed Williams to begin with. It would cost 2.5 mil to cut him and only save 3 mil this year. If we cut him next year we only have .6 mil dead money and save 5.5 mil off the cap, and I think that's what happens.

I like the idea of having Williams as our early down NT, Jones as our starting DE, and Johnson who can rotate in and out at either position. Depth with those 300+ lb guys is important. Cutting a guy just to save 3 mil creates another need we don't need to create. I think those 3 plus Casey at DE and Klug as a situational pass rusher gives a really solid DL.

I also want to bring back David King as a potential pass rushing option at thr 5 tech. I don't think he's big enough to play the 4 tech or 4i like Jones and Johnson can, but he turned in some really impressive numbers at his pro day for his size and has the length to give people trouble if he could just out it together on the field. He did notch a sack last season in very limited time. He provides a build and athletic skillset that no other DL on our roster has.

Again I see Williams like I see Cyprien it all depends on who’s out there & if we feel we can get better. I remember dontari Poe was a name we flirted with last season but wasn’t willing to give him as much as Atlanta offered because it was a rumor he had chronic back problems. He lost weight  & had a solid season for Atlanta so, who would you rather have Poe or Williams if your TN

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It won’t be a plus 6 mill it’ll be 4.5 we take a 2.5 cap hit in dead money we save 4.5 rather than keep him paying him 6 mill next season 

Ok.

Still a nice chunk of change to throw at someone else.

Trouble with F.A in this thing is you only get one shot at the contract offer.

If someone outbids you it's over.

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Ok.

Still a nice chunk of change to throw at someone else.

Trouble with F.A in this thing is you only get one shot at the contract offer.

If someone outbids you it's over.

Exactly same I said. I honestly think Robinson will get creative with the cap & spend big money this offseason my gut feeling. Why he has too much on the line this year, he has to win. He talked the owner into firing a HC that turners around our organization & was well liked in the locker room & hires a inexperienced HC. Jacksonville is looking like a super bowl contender for years to come if they land a better QB, like a Cousins, Eli, Romo, or Bridgewater ??‍♂️. You got Houston that’s banking on health & before luck got hurt this was his division. Trust me guys we’re going to be aggressive & active look at the signs.. 

I also hope we look at Cordy Glenn from Buf, I think he’s a low risk high reward guy, Miss last season with foot & ankle problems but when healthy is a beast & top 10 tackle that can move at 6’6 340lbs ? He’s owed 24 mill over the next 3years which is cheap for a T/G. He can play tackle & Guard & can help us not rush Conklin back. Though I wouldn’t give up a 5th or 6th round pick only for him... just a thought though 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I also hope we look at Cordy Glenn from Buf, I think he’s a low risk high reward guy, Miss last season with foot & ankle problems but when healthy is a beast & top 10 tackle that can move at 6’6 340lbs ? He’s owed 24 mill over the next 3years which is cheap for a T/G. He can play tackle & Guard & can help us not rush Conklin back. Though I wouldn’t give up a 5th or 6th round pick only for him... just a thought though 

Any other opinions on this? 

Archived