Three Round Mock (post-Smith trade)

Superduperman

Just now, Superduperman said:

Boy, really? I understand objections to Mayfield and Brown, but if you get Guice and Bryan at the top of the 2nd like that you should throw a party

After arguably blowing the #1 overall and #4 overall picks? Yippee Kaaaayaaaayyy! Lucky us!

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

Boy, really? I understand objections to Mayfield and Brown, but if you get Guice and Bryan at the top of the 2nd like that you should throw a party

I don't think there is much risk that Guice wouldn't be there at the top of the 2nd but I also think that the Browns have bigger needs especially with the Brown pick in the first.

i gotta say for CLE that is def horrible. Mayfield im sooo trired of hearing abobut, He's not worth even being in the top 10. Barkley should be #1 and let CLE choose a QB at #4. Like the effort in the jerseys though.

As for philly, don't hate it but don't love it, would rather Edmunds at that spot or trade down for some more picks. 

Just now, Superduperman said:

Because one is on the downside of his career, one is a career backup and one I've never heard of.

Trading up for a QB who will not help the current team reach the SB is stupid.  You do not have the Saints drafting a QB.  You do not have the Chargers drafting a QB.  If Jackson fell to the Steelers you have a better argument but still stupid.  Carry 4 QBs?  Cut the 4th rounder they spent last year?  Both foolish.  Steelers have a gapping hole at ILB and horrible depth at all LB positions.  They could take 3 LBs in the draft and not blink and eye.

I really like the presentation. That is a lot of time and effort, so good job on that.

LIONS

I enjoy the trade down quite a bit. There's likely more of a case that the Saints would be more willing trade partners than the Steelers, especially to take a QB.

1) Evans - I really like this pick, especially with a trade down

2) Stewart - I think I'd prefer Chad Thomas (DE/OLB) or Braden Smith (OG) here

2) Penny - I'm torn on Penny. I think I'd be more comfortable with Carlton Davis (CB). Slay needs help and is arguably a 1st rounder

3) Hill - I don't know a lot about him in particular but we do need help at DT/NT. I would also be open to Royce Freeman here

JAX draft hits on a key need at TE. I'd be good with Washington round one, but I do think we need to add an interior OL in first few rounds. QB like Rudolph I think will be on our radar too pending on where he goes.

9 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Shoot. That's what I get for going by Wikipedia

I gotta agree with scar on this one as the Og is way to loaded in round 2 to take Wynn there at 26.  He is a solid player but no where better than 8 other guys like   Price, Smith, Hernandez, Teller, Crosby, Bozeman, Daniels, Ragnow, and O'Niell who all are as good or might even be better prospects than him as a OG.   If any of the legit 1st round Dt's fall to us we have to take them no questions asked.   Vita Vea is a top 15 beast at our biggest position of need as of right now with OG being our 2nd need. The 2nd round Dt's value aren't anywhere near  Vea, Payne, Bryan, or Hurst.   Like those guys i listed are to Wynn who was actually a 3rd round OL until about a few months ago as the NC game and the Senior bowl did wonders for his value. 

Also even if we resign Poe we need a 1st round quality DT like those guys listed with Vea being the best choice of the group.   We only have 1 DT on the roster in Grady Jarrett as Poe, Clayborne, Rubyn, and Upshaw are all Free Agents and we already released Hageman earlier in the year, We need top tier Dt badly.

Give me Vita Vea in the 1st  then Crosby or Daniels in the 2nd round who i like both as much as Wynn for better value, then best TE or LB in the 3rd round.

Archived