Three Round Mock (post-Smith trade)

Superduperman

9 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I'd be really happy with Roquan Smith to the Rams, but I'd be very upset at that trade. I'd much rather sit at 23 and take what falls to us. Several different positions we could look at in round one and I'd rather just stay put and take the best talent available.

If you don't want it then by god the Falcons offer a 1st and 3rd this year  + a 4th next year for the #19 smith we will gladly come get Smith ;)

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

If you don't want it then by god the Falcons offer a 1st and 3rd this year  + a 4th next year for the #19 smith we will gladly come get Smith ;)

Trade - Dallas trades pick #19 to LA Rams for pick #23, 4th round pick, 2018 second-round pick

Maybe if that was the trade, I'd re-consider. But I don't want to part ways with next years second rounder. That'd be two years in a row for us without a second round pick.

I'd really hate to pass up Nelson for Jackson for the 49ers, but I get it. That could absolutely happen. Round 2, Thomas isn't my favorite guy given his total lack of production in college, but I definitely get that pick as well. Edge is a big need, we have already interviewed him multiple times, I believe...again, very solid, logical pick. I do think you really hit the ball out of the park in round 3 for the 49ers though. Love both of those picks. 

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So the Browns overdraft Mayfield at 1, overdraft an OT, a position that they don't even need, even if JT retires, and 3 other QB's go before Sam Darnold? No chance.

Tbh I love it for Cleveland. I mean, I would rather have Rosen, but getting their #1 QB, Connor Williams who I think is an upgrade over Shon Coleman and if he works out can go to the left when Joe Thomas is done, Guice and a penetrating DT like Bryan in the 2nd.... Those knock off almost all of Clevelands biggest needs. Have then sign Tru/Prince/pat Robinson/Malcolm Butler in free agency and i love it.

But if Cleveland is going to move down AT ALL in the first round, it better be to acquire more picks to move back up into the late 1st, or up later in the draft, or for a pick next year. I would like to see Cleveland pick 7 players this year. 

40 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Tbh I love it for Cleveland.

That makes one of us.

I mean, I would rather have Rosen,

I like Darnold over both, but I like Rosen as my #2.

but getting their #1 QB,

Which is funny, because both of us like at least 1 guy MORE than who they got at #1, making it a reach with the #1 overall pick, and at the most important position in the NFL at that.

Connor Williams who I think is an upgrade over Shon Coleman and if he works out can go to the left when Joe Thomas is done,

I'd argue a few things here:

1. Shon Coleman is an average RT in the NFL. You don't draft a guy #6 overall to replace an average starter on an 0-16 team that has LITTLE TO NO TALENT AT THE SKILL POSITIONS when they have 2 great interior OL (Bitonio, Zeitler), an above average C (Tretter), and a HOF LT (JT, even if he does hang it up soon).

2. We have had one of the GOAT LT, and never has it once come close to translating into WINS due to ineptitude at other positions. 2007 was JT's rookie year and they went 10-6, but that was because Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl at QB and we had 2 other Pro Bowl skill players in Winslow and Braylon, not to mention a 1,200 yard running back.

Guice

I love that pick.

and a penetrating DT like Bryan in the 2nd....

We already have 3 GOOD DT's in Shelton (space eater), Ogunjobi (PFF graded him as one of the best DT's in the NFL this year), and Brantley, both of which as rookies last year were rock solid and showed explosion. Coley was another good DT as well. That's 4 solid DT's, 3 of which are good, on a team that was towards the top of the NFL vs. the run.

Those knock off almost all of Clevelands biggest needs.

And yet 3 of their first 4 picks are terrible in my eyes and don't come close to knocking off a need on 2 of them, with a RT/future LT who is WAY overdrafted and a penetrating DT on a team that already has 2 good penetrating DTs. Where is the WR help? The DB help? They were worst in the league in these 2 areas. That's not even close to helping out/addressing needs, and I'd question anyone who said otherwise.

Have then sign Tru/Prince/pat Robinson/Malcolm Butler in free agency and i love it.

Prince has underachieved. No thanks. The others would be fine.

But if Cleveland is going to move down AT ALL in the first round, it better be to acquire more picks to move back up into the late 1st, or up later in the draft, or for a pick next year. I would like to see Cleveland pick 7 players this year. 

I wouldn't disagree with you here. They did have 3 1st rounders last year that they picked, so they'll move up if they want to pick someone.

I like your First Pick For the Raiders but their #1 Need is a DT both Reggie and Gruden have said this I doubt they take a DE unless Chubb falls to them.  I think if they take a running back they will take Nick Chubb.  They already have 2 quick backs.  

I would go  #10 DT Vita Vea

#41  RB Nick Chubb 

#74  DT Lowell Loutelei

Archived