Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

I was really looking forward to this game. Until I heard its going to be run just like GTA5, but relying on the online stuff even more to money grab.

Think its a travesty that GTA5 got basically zero added content, and they refuse to capitalize on single player like they did GTA4 when cranking out BoGT and LatD addons. Subcontract it out or something, and sell 80m more copies using the same city and motor. Then have the online play too. But Red Dead Im seeing will be even worse about the easy money grabs than what GTA5 became, and Rockstar will continue to get worse on into the future about it. So as bad as I wanted this game for awhile, now Im just looking to pick up a used copy at GameStop  sometime in 2019 on the cheap.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 11:21 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I was really looking forward to this game. Until I heard its going to be run just like GTA5, but relying on the online stuff even more to money grab.

This is especially disheartening to somebody who doesn't play online ever. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 11:21 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Think its a travesty that GTA5 got basically zero added content, and they refuse to capitalize on single player like they did GTA4 when cranking out BoGT and LatD addons. Subcontract it out or something, and sell 80m more copies using the same city and motor. Then have the online play too. But Red Dead Im seeing will be even worse about the easy money grabs than what GTA5 became, and Rockstar will continue to get worse on into the future about it. So as bad as I wanted this game for awhile, now Im just looking to pick up a used copy at GameStop  sometime in 2019 on the cheap.

This is Rockstar/Take Two, the same company that introduced an extremely grindy P2W leveling system in NBA 2K18 and charged you for a new hairdo without lending a preview and charged you again for the old one if you didn't like it. 

They're becoming part of the sh!t tier of devs/publishers alongside EA, Activision, Konami, Ubisoft (though they've gotten better), WB, etc.

There's zero chance this game will have any pay to win mechanics. This would be a bigger shiz storm than Battlefront 2 and they know it.

Rockstar games are packed with so much content at launch, you're basically getting a bargain no matter what you pay. They're far from the low tier dirtbags looking for a quick buck.

6 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I was actually talking about Take Two (who owns Rockstar), but whatevs. 

And I wouldn't put it past them to do grindy P2W online stuff seeing how they handled GTAO. 

I'm a little wary about this game too. I loved the first RDR, but I really hope that this one doesn't spend too much time focusing on online and microtransactions. Rockstar has a pretty good track record, but with the amount of money that GTA Online has made, I could see there being the single player getting a bit less focus than we're used to, and that would be very unfortunate. 

8 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I'm a little wary about this game too. I loved the first RDR, but I really hope that this one doesn't spend too much time focusing on online and microtransactions. Rockstar has a pretty good track record, but with the amount of money that GTA Online has made, I could see there being the single player getting a bit less focus than we're used to, and that would be very unfortunate. 

I'm not wary about the game at all. Rockstar will deliver on the single player experience like they always do. 

Online is a different story. It's gonna be all about the Horse Cards and paying bucks for your golden spurs and diamond studded holster.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

I'm not wary about the game at all. Rockstar will deliver on the single player experience like they always do. 

Same, I'll gladly shell out $60 for the single player experience, anything else is a bonus.

• Like 1