Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Silver Dapple Missouri Fox Trotter.

Till I got that I was using a Blood Red Thoroughbred. Looked like Secretariat in the sun. Caught her wild exploring east of Strawberry.

I have a white Ardennes with black leopard spots - pretty unique looking.

16 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I found one serial killer clue and can not for the life of me find the rest. Is those map pieces really the only clue you get? 

I did the same. 

I am not having good luck with the treasure maps.  I found the area that is drawn on one, but I found no treasure, no new map, no people, nothing.  

I also found a guy mumbling about Chinese guys selling him a map, but it wouldn't let me talk to him.  So I just shot him.  But the map was not on him.  

Accidentally got to chapter 3 yesterday.  

19 hours ago, Almm24 said:

Any tips for fishing? If the fish is decently large I cannot make any progress on reeling it in. I spent like 20 minutes trying to catch one fish and gave up because I got frustrated. I can only catch small fry 

Yea my thumb was killing me by the time I was done. But basically I was using the left thumbstick to pull the fish towards me, then reeling in quickly. If it flops around stop or it will break the line. Then once it stops flopping push the left thumbstick up (I think) to raise the pole and pull the fish towards you. Then reel rapidly while you lower the pole. And just keep doing that over and over. I can't imagine how rough it's going to be when I have a large legendary fish on the line...

6 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Yea my thumb was killing me by the time I was done. But basically I was using the left thumbstick to pull the fish towards me, then reeling in quickly. If it flops around stop or it will break the line. Then once it stops flopping push the left thumbstick up (I think) to raise the pole and pull the fish towards you. Then reel rapidly while you lower the pole. And just keep doing that over and over. I can't imagine how rough it's going to be when I have a large legendary fish on the line...

I met the old man in the north east and he took me fishing for a Legendary Pike. It was the worst.  I was begging for it to end, had to be a good half hour. After that, Im never fishing again.

Just want to give a shout out to whoever mentioned that you could go into cinematic mode during a long trip to a waypoint and it will trek for you. Very nice for those long trips to be able to flip to my other screen and browse FF. @ whoever it was and ill throw you a like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Just want to give a shout out to whoever mentioned that you could go into cinematic mode during a long trip to a waypoint and it will trek for you. Very nice for those long trips to be able to flip to my other screen and browse FF. @ whoever it was and ill throw you a like.

Just be careful and make sure you can still hear what's going on so you can switch back if you're ambushed. Seen several streamers die that way.

Am I the only one who feels like it's just wrong that Rockstar didn't get Sam Elliot to voice a character in this game? I mean there is no greater cowboy voice in the world...

17 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Just be careful and make sure you can still hear what's going on so you can switch back if you're ambushed. Seen several streamers die that way.

Am I the only one who feels like it's just wrong that Rockstar didn't get Sam Elliot to voice a character in this game? I mean there is no greater cowboy voice in the world...

For sure. Only play with a headset. 

Couldnt agree with you more on Sam Elliot. 

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I did the same. 

I am not having good luck with the treasure maps.  I found the area that is drawn on one, but I found no treasure, no new map, no people, nothing.  

I also found a guy mumbling about Chinese guys selling him a map, but it wouldn't let me talk to him.  So I just shot him.  But the map was not on him.  

Accidentally got to chapter 3 yesterday.  

The jack hill gang maps I thought were a decent challenge but were doable.  The first map I just stumbled across that area randomly so I got lucky, the second you can tell are hot springs, and the third there is a dead give away in the map. So a quick way to make a decent buck.

The serial killer ones I don't get how people find those randomly there's not really any clues you just have to explore between 10 am and 5 am. 

I watched a video about the Jack Hill gang clue #1.  I see where I went wrong.  I was looking all over between the spires of rock and the plateau.  The game could be saying "You're getting warmer" the entire time, but there was no way that I would have gotten there.  I'll grab that in the morning.  

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I met the old man in the north east and he took me fishing for a Legendary Pike. It was the worst.  I was begging for it to end, had to be a good half hour. After that, Im never fishing again.

Lol dude that was so painful. I was scared I was going to tear a tendon in my thumb or something lmao was reeling the line in for what seemed like forever