Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Same here. But I didnt have to suck anything. I had meds.

Only use I see for the meds. Way Ive been tracking snakes and hopping on rattlesnakes/copperheads with a knife. I dont think we can get bit. Ive been running on top of them, standing on them and everything to get the knife to work. I should of been bit a 20 times easy.

I thought I heard a rattlesnake when scouting the northern fort before so I searched and got bit by it. Screen prompt said I had to eat ginseng

And I have meds but straight up never use them cause I feel like I’ll need them later on but I’ll still never use them. One dude got tore up by a wolf once and I gave him a health cure potion thingy and he was like what the hell am I supposed to do with this and died. 

On 11/19/2018 at 10:27 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

So, I got to what I am pretty sure is the end.  And then my game file screws up Morrowind style.  First the dialogue is silent, then the game just freezes on Dutch's face.  Reloaded a save, had to do one mission over and the same thing happened.  I guess I will try again tomorrow, but that is pretty disappointing.  

If the game freezes, a full reset of the console should fix the issue.  If anyone wondered.

I am now on the epilogue.  I will begin again and be a homicidal maniac.  Has anyone tried using the .22 rifle on people? It is pretty rapid fire, and I have taken down wolves with it.  

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If the game freezes, a full reset of the console should fix the issue.  If anyone wondered.

I am now on the epilogue.  I will begin again and be a homicidal maniac.  Has anyone tried using the .22 rifle on people? It is pretty rapid fire, and I have taken down wolves with it.  

I rolled into a major battle (Braithwaith) by accident with dual sawedoffs with no range and the .22...  It was more interesting for sure. lol

10 hours ago, Tyty said:

And I have meds but straight up never use them cause I feel like I’ll need them later on but I’ll still never use them. One dude got tore up by a wolf once and I gave him a health cure potion thingy and he was like what the hell am I supposed to do with this and died. 

I got that dude too! I think we're supposed to give him whiskey.

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just got to the epilogue too. I had maxed Honor up to the regular ending, and I think I will continue that with this playthrough

Just made it to the epilogue.

This game is weird. Most of the story is incredible but then large portions are 1/10, 2/10. There were parts during which what the story was making me do were completely laughable, (ala one escape in particular).

The controls are 2/10. They're the worst in any bigger game that I've played since Two Worlds.

I don't feel like I really have any choice whatsoever. The karma scale is neat and all, but I can't decide on whether I'm about to massacre 234 soldiers or not. I can't decide on whether to shoot up this entire town or not. It just kind of makes you do it.

I don't like Arthur. That's not incredibly important for me, but I felt like I was supposed to.

Everything else about the game is friggen fantastic. I'm currently sticking with a 7/10 for the singleplayer. I think the multiplayer is going to be incredible. Can't wait for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Just made it to the epilogue.

This game is weird. Most of the story is incredible but then large portions are 1/10, 2/10. There were parts during which what the story was making me do were completely laughable, (ala one escape in particular).

The controls are 2/10. They're the worst in any bigger game that I've played since Two Worlds.

I don't feel like I really have any choice whatsoever. The karma scale is neat and all, but I can't decide on whether I'm about to massacre 234 soldiers or not. I can't decide on whether to shoot up this entire town or not. It just kind of makes you do it.

I don't like Arthur. That's not incredibly important for me, but I felt like I was supposed to.

Everything else about the game is friggen fantastic. I'm currently sticking with a 7/10 for the singleplayer. I think the multiplayer is going to be incredible. Can't wait for it.

There's so many things to control I really don't see any other way to do the controls than they did.

I'm not sure that my problem was with the controller layout exactly... It's more about how I didn't feel as though I was in control of Arthur. Or at least, I didn't have very good control of him. Things like looting, getting my horse to go in the correct direction quickly and all the forced movements (and restrictions thereof) were what really got me.

However! After my latest post I captured El Guapo twice, I built a house and sang a song, and I had a unique Rockstar style interaction... I found a rare orchid. Once I picked it, I noticed a strange path worn through the mud and decided to follow it. There was a crying woman on her knees in a white dress. When I tried to comfort her, she attacked me with a (poisoned?) knife, summoned three zombies and killed me.

I think almost all of my issues are directly related to story mode.