Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Game worth getting? Never played the first.

This story is set "before" the last game, so it doesn't matter.

What kind of games do you like?

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, I'm also taking my time and enjoying the story, exploring the map, doing "side quests".

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, I'm also taking my time and enjoying the story, exploring the map, doing "side quests".

Hate shooting games but I do like Role Playing and GTA style games. Is the story completely 100% pre determined? I never see the point of that if I can just watch all the cutscenes. Anything to do outside of the story?

Just now, BayRaider said:

Hate shooting games but I do like Role Playing and GTA style games. Is the story completely 100% pre determined? I never see the point of that if I can just watch all the cutscenes. Anything to do outside of the story?

The shooting is basically a western version of GTA.

Story is not pre-determined, by my understanding, I think there are 3 endings although I'm afraid to google to confirm.

There's a ton to do outside of the story (including online, which has it's own story), but after about 30hrs I will say I think the story is the strongest part of the game after the actual world itself. Which is the prettiest video game I've ever seen.

14 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Same here. Spent 4 hours fishing yesterday. :D

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:
14 hours ago, cddolphin said:

The story is pre-determined. You could just watch all the cutscenes, sure. It is a living world though, and there are tons of side missions to do. 

The game is pretty much GTA set in the Wild West, as everyone says. Horses are slower, but the game is gorgeous. I do find that a lot of the missions as you get further in the game just involve you shooting way more people than you should have to. 

Why don't you spend a half hour and watch a Let's Play on youtube and see if you think you'd like it?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, BayRaider said:

Game worth getting? Never played the first.

Game is great and is probably one of the best games of 2018. That said its definitely slower paced then GTA or really most 3rd person games. with that though I would say it totally engrosses you in this world like no game other than BOTW or the Last of Us have done for me. 

32 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

WOW. When getting chased, quickly dispatching all opponents is rather easy. More of a joke actually.

This has been my biggest grip with Rockstar's last 4 releases: too easy. Your character is a bullet sponge yet you can one- or two-shot every NPC enemy.

I really wish you could tweak incoming damage so that 3-4 shots kill you.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

This has been my biggest grip with Rockstar's last 4 releases: too easy. Your character is a bullet sponge yet you can one- or two-shot every NPC enemy.

to the same degree, close range shotgun hits can 1 hit u 

15 hours ago, cddolphin said:
16 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

WOW. When getting chased, quickly dispatching all opponents is rather easy. More of a joke actually.

This is great because it would also have way less enemies. The hordes are too unrealistic for such a detailed game. 

Edited by JBURGE