Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

55 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Really eh? I felt that the game could have deleted a bunch of Chapter 5. But I kinda enjoyed the epilogue, at least part 2

The last few bits of Chapter 2 weren't terrible but the epilogue as a whole was stretched out and boring, IMO.

Agreed on Chapter 5 (spoiler ahead) - could've gotten the same point across (Dutch really starting to lose control, after Hosea's death) without changing the setting like they did. 

Edited by Scalamania

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally finished the main story last night (still have the epilogue to go), I have never been more angry at a game for (spoiler) killing my horse.

Loved the ending though, I got way more attached to Arthur than I initially thought I would.

Edited by RJ_11

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, JBURGE said:

I didn't even play RDR1 and now I refuse to p lay it knowing how it ends for him. I am content with this ending haha

RDR2 is a prequel to RDR1. The Epilogue foreshadows/starts the story of RDR1 and John is the main character in that one. 

17 hours ago, Heimdallr said:
On 1/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, JBURGE said:

I didn't even play RDR1 and now I refuse to p lay it knowing how it ends for him. I am content with this ending haha

RDR2 is a prequel to RDR1. The Epilogue foreshadows/starts the story of RDR1 and John is the main character in that one. 

I know all the events of the first game and how it ends, that's why I don't want to play it

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to playing this game. Took a long time to really get into it, I would say it wasn't until ~10% that I was fully into the game and playing any chance I could. I was just overwhelmed early. Now (~25%, imagine only a few missions left in chapter 2) I've gotten into the groove, understand the essentials, and am enjoying it. Last few days I haven't even been doing missions, just hunting the legendary animals. Arthur is pretty much the coolest protagonist I've ever controlled...

• Like 2

The effort, scale, and story of this game were extraordinary.  I just didn't find it that fun or rewarding to play.  When people call it one of the best games ever I kind of get it but just didn't have that kind of experience at all.  Witcher 3 remains untouched.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bananabucket said:

The effort, scale, and story of this game were extraordinary.  I just didn't find it that fun or rewarding to play.  When people call it one of the best games ever I kind of get it but just didn't have that kind of experience at all.  Witcher 3 remains untouched.

Funny, I feel the complete opposite - I keep going back to Red Dead, and I never enjoyed Witcher 3 at all. 

• Like 1