Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

Back in the day, some games actually had more content.  Look at Super Mario Brothers 3 or even Mario 64.  Those games had 1000000x the content than The Last of Us.  People complain because games are expensive and the overall lack of content is pretty low.  Unless you're talking about someone like Blizzard, Valve, Rockstar and a few others the content and replay-ability of a game you buy will be pretty poor.

what is all this extra content you speak of in the Mario games?

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

A lot of it depends on the gamer. IMO TLOU is worth the admission price because even though it's dollar per hour ratio is far from ideal, it provided an experience that I deem to be worth the price asked. The specific gripe I have is people now crapping on Rockstar, which makes no sense to me, especially if they pay for ND games, and ESPECIALLY if they praise that studio as being an ideal pro consumer business model or something.

YouTube video makers realized they can get good hits by inciting rage in viewers with microtransaction scandals, but now they have run out of companies to bash, so they've moved onto Rockstar and Valve. Anyone who actually plays their games knows what's up.

The Last of Us is not worth it to me because the game has no replay-ability at all, IMO.  It's a game that was made to be rented or cost like $19-$29.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm more into competitive games so I'm not as excited about Red Dead 2 as a lot of people are; however, I will still more than likely purchase it.  I use games like that as a break from all the hustle and bustle of multiplayer games.  And much like GTA V, the game is easily worth $60.  GTA V still produces new content today (stuff people create, role playing, etc) and the game is still very well populated.  One of the best values in video game history.

19 hours ago, showtime said:

The Last of Us is not worth it to me because the game has no replay-ability at all, IMO.  It's a game that was made to be rented or cost like $19-$29.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm more into competitive games so I'm not as excited about Red Dead 2 as a lot of people are; however, I will still more than likely purchase it.  I use games like that as a break from all the hustle and bustle of multiplayer games.  And much like GTA V, the game is easily worth $60.  GTA V still produces new content today (stuff people create, role playing, etc) and the game is still very well populated.  One of the best values in video game history.

TLOU had a pretty good online community for awhile. Was it the best online game ever? No but it filled a niche and it reminded me sort of the original Gears of War. I really enjoyed it. 

On 5/17/2018 at 1:02 PM, showtime said:

As someone who never dives into movies/games a second time, I played through the game three times, and the multiplayer was the last thing I played anything online before I basically 'quit' gaming a few years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, showtime said:

That's very fair.  I have a friend who has played through The Last of Us so many times.  He has his platinum trophy and still continues to play it.  I would definitely say he has gotten much more than his $60 worth it.

I'm the same way with mass effect. I've beaten the series so many times, and I just keep coming back to it.

Does anyone remember when GTA V launched.  It was five years ago, but man was it absolutely horrendous - I'm talking strictly online play.  The online literally didn't work at all the first few days.  Before the game came out, the devs talked about online heist that could be done with friends, etc.  That wasn't put into the game until around a month or so later.  The online was unplayable for weeks.  Laggy as heck, would constantly drop people out of games.... Oh and remember people constantly having their characters deleted?  When the game got right, it was fantastic and still is fantastic today.

Here's to Red Dead's online experience being much better during the first few weeks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

Does anyone remember when GTA V launched.  It was five years ago, but man was it absolutely horrendous - I'm talking strictly online play.  The online literally didn't work at all the first few days.  Before the game came out, the devs talked about online heist that could be done with friends, etc.  That wasn't put into the game until around a month or so later.  The online was unplayable for weeks.  Laggy as heck, would constantly drop people out of games.... Oh and remember people constantly having their characters deleted?  When the game got right, it was fantastic and still is fantastic today.

Here's to Red Dead's online experience being much better during the first few weeks.

Indeed. The heists took even longer than a month to implement, IIRC, it may have been closer to a year.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Indeed. The heists took even longer than a month to implement, IIRC, it may have been closer to a year.

Damn.  I had given up on it long before a year.  That was probably the worst online launch I have ever seen.  Luckily, the single-player of GTA V was stellar, so it saved the games arse big time.  Hopefully Red Dead doesn't have those online problems because if it does I'm going to be really angry.  And Rockstar doesn't want me to get angry lol jk

So the collectors edition is like $100 and doesn't even come with the game lmao 

and people are saying that makes sense because some people will want physical and some just a download

but it's not hard at all to just have an option for what version you'd want with the collector edition when you order it online. 

Just really dumb. I went from wanting to having no interest. 

Also dumb that the map only comes with the steelbook edition? Is this how it's gonna be rockstar?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...