Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

On 6/1/2018 at 4:47 PM, showtime said:

Does anyone remember when GTA V launched.  It was five years ago, but man was it absolutely horrendous - I'm talking strictly online play.  The online literally didn't work at all the first few days.  Before the game came out, the devs talked about online heist that could be done with friends, etc.  That wasn't put into the game until around a month or so later.  The online was unplayable for weeks.  Laggy as heck, would constantly drop people out of games.... Oh and remember people constantly having their characters deleted?  When the game got right, it was fantastic and still is fantastic today.

Here's to Red Dead's online experience being much better during the first few weeks.

Well apparently don't have to worry about that initially as the online play won't be added until after release, they aren't even doing the online beta until after the game releases.

Online with GTA:O wasn't buggy for a few days, the first month of it's existence it legitimately did not work. You couldn't play the game, you'd launch into the tutorial race and then the lobby would freeze and you couldn't do anything, if by a miracle you did do that and get to keep your character, surprise your character got deleted because server wipes or one of any of the 10K bugs that plagued the game. It was so bad they gave everybody who had an account $1M (a lot of money in game at the time) to be able to buy all the nice stuff as a "we're sorry our game was broken".

So yeah if they need to take time with it, great, but this can't just be "GTA:O with horses" it needs it's own identity that captures the spirit of the original online mode for RDR which was all about the pioneer spirit, exploration, dynamic events that players created and a feeling of exploration and openness. Not just "do this heist 50 times for 35 hours to get a slightly better horse".

The single player sounds fantastic. I have no interest in the multiplayer and will probably never touch it. I don't really like the sound of weapon degradation or having to eat right to keep your character from getting too fat or skinny. 

Edited by Lions017

On 9/21/2018 at 2:06 PM, Lions017 said:

The single player sounds fantastic. I have no interest in the multiplayer and will probably never touch it. I don't really like the sound of weapon degradation or having to eat right to keep your character from getting too fat or skinny. 

Guess you don't like your trust steed's testicles shrinking in the cold, either 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Guess you don't like your trust steed's testicles shrinking in the cold, either 

Actually, those kind of details are nice, because they don't distract from how the game plays. Having to repair your weapons or eat might make it more immersive, but it can also be extremely tedious if you have to stop what you're doing to take care of it. 

10 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Actually, those kind of details are nice, because they don't distract from how the game plays. Having to repair your weapons or eat might make it more immersive, but it can also be extremely tedious if you have to stop what you're doing to take care of it. 

They've said that you never have to engage in those mechanics if you don't want too, the game functions and plays through perfectly fine if you never clean your gun or eat.

Plus not every mechanic in a game needs to be "fun".

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Lions017 said:

I like that.