Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

44 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Never mind. I just thought I did as I don't remember it saying Chapter 5. But I know I did it after looking at the missions from Chapter 5. xD

So I guess just the challenges left to do. I played with my gf watching most of it, so I didn't even finish the first hold up challenge LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first playthrough.

Borderline had tears in my eyes. The little touch with your horse... wow.

What a great game.

Have to give it a 8.8/10 for two kind of big flaws: 

1) I think the weapon variety / difference in feel could have been done better. It's not *bad* but it feels very meh.

2) I'm not at all a fan of the way some characters' stories ended, although I haven't finished either epilogue so perhaps that aspect isn't done? The whole trip to Guarma felt rather pointless, as well, while it had it's cool moments, I would have rather have seen Rockstar add more missions to the actual campaign map (lower left section? completely untouched).

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 1

I finally finished the single player game the other day. It was a very good game, but I still think that there was just too much of a focus on being immersed and telling a story and not enough about making the game fun to play. The game as very great elements and moments and can also be incredibly frustrating. 

Just now, Lions017 said:

I finally finished the single player game the other day. It was a very good game, but I still think that there was just too much of a focus on being immersed and telling a story and not enough about making the game fun to play. The game as very great elements and moments and can also be incredibly frustrating. 

I'm getting close to the end, and yea this is pretty much it. Though I'm more accustomed to the gameplay and I kind of appreciate the more realistic physics and movement, the cover system and aiming is among the worst in the modern gaming history which is inexcusable. I also don't like how the mission spell everything out for you, letting you know when you are in danger, then letting you know when the danger is over, exactly where you have to go and all that. If you're gonna spend all these resources immersing me into this world, at least do so when I'm actually playing the action sequences too.

The game's pacing IMO is almost perfect, if you're willing to put in the time and enjoy slower burner character development and story. Some of the missions later in the game don't even require you to do anything, just ride here, then there, and over; and everything is super repetitive, but when you're sold on being part of the gang and have developed emotional ties over time to locations like you would in real life, none of that really matters. No game I ever played has accomplished that to such an extent.

14 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I'm getting close to the end, and yea this is pretty much it. Though I'm more accustomed to the gameplay and I kind of appreciate the more realistic physics and movement, the cover system and aiming is among the worst in the modern gaming history which is inexcusable. I also don't like how the mission spell everything out for you, letting you know when you are in danger, then letting you know when the danger is over, exactly where you have to go and all that. If you're gonna spend all these resources immersing me into this world, at least do so when I'm actually playing the action sequences too.

The game's pacing IMO is almost perfect, if you're willing to put in the time and enjoy slower burner character development and story. Some of the missions later in the game don't even require you to do anything, just ride here, then there, and over; and everything is super repetitive, but when you're sold on being part of the gang and have developed emotional ties over time to locations like you would in real life, none of that really matters. No game I ever played has accomplished that to such an extent.

Great post. Pretty much sums up how I feel. I did get worn out on the late game shootouts which just seemed to last way too long. But I didn't spend a lot of time in camp or helping the others but still felt a good connection to them by the end. I didn't even play RDR1 and now I refuse to p lay it knowing how it ends for him. I am content with this ending haha

On 1/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, Malfatron said:

i finally got to the camp, and i didnt feel like doing anything to help with anything.

this is going to be a struggle

I don’t know how long we stay in this camp.  I’ve been roaming around hunting. I’ve hunted elk, rams, bucks, foxes, wolves etc to sell to the trapper.  Are we waiting on the camp to reach a specific dollar amount?

i tell you what... I’m about ready to whup Dutch’s tail.  He always had something smart to say when I get back to camp. He always backs down saying he’s tired.   I love how Arthur told Dutch that he could get off his lazy butt and contribute.  

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, Lions017 said:

I'm with you. I went from this, to God of War, to Spider-Man and the fun factor went something like :):DxD. RDR2 is a technical marvel but after stopping to take a breath and play other things I've realized that although I loved the story, the setting, the music, and the graphics I actually had more fun playing COD BO 4, God of War (Another story heavy adventure), and Spider-Man. Hell I had more fun playing Mass Effect Andromeda..... 

28 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm with you. I went from this, to God of War, to Spider-Man and the fun factor went something like :):DxD. RDR2 is a technical marvel but after stopping to take a breath and play other things I've realized that although I loved the story, the setting, the music, and the graphics I actually had more fun playing COD BO 4, God of War (Another story heavy adventure), and Spider-Man. Hell I had more fun playing Mass Effect Andromeda..... 

Man red dead started out soo stiff cause I played assassins creed right before it lol. Went from aggressive parkour to considerably more realistic and fleshy movements 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:59 PM, cddolphin said:

Just finished my first playthrough.

Borderline had tears in my eyes. The little touch with your horse... wow.

What a great game.

I feel this. Not sure I've ever been immersed in a story like the main story in RDR2.

I will say this though, I thought the epilogue sucked something fierce.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I feel this. Not sure I've ever been immersed in a story like the main story in RDR2.

I will say this though, I thought the epilogue sucked something fierce.

Really eh? I felt that the game could have deleted a bunch of Chapter 5. But I kinda enjoyed the epilogue, at least part 2