Jerry Kramer is Near the Goal Line for the Pro Football Hall of Fame: Time to Run the 31 Wedge

Bob Fox

If Kramer doesn't get in then the whole HOF is a sham as far as I'm concern. When you compare the achievements that Kramer did to a WR like Owens, no comparisons. TO was a very good receiver, but HOF...not even close.

Pugger, the entire selection committee meets tomorrow and the meeting will last nine hours or so as the presenters go through the list of candidates. As my story mentions, Rick Gosslin and Pete Dougherty will present for Jerry. The bottom line is the entire Class of 2018 will be known tomorrow. Based on my conversations with both Rick and Pete and also several other voters, I feel very good about No. 64's chances tomorrow.

Long long overdue.

Should have got in alone because of the anniversary team, never mind the pro bowls, all pros, 5 NFL Championships including those two Superb Owls.

Happy he finally got in and we didn't see another Stabler induction, an induction after he passed.

"Jerry Kramer finally made it. In his 11th time as a finalist, the former Green Bay Packers guard was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, a source confirmed. Kramer, 82, becomes the 13th member of the Packers’ dynasty in the 1960s to be voted into the Hall. The others are coach Vince Lombardi, fullback Jim Taylor, tackle Forrest Gregg, quarterback Bart Starr, linebacker Ray Nitschke, cornerback Herb Adderley, defensive end Willie Davis, center Jim Ringo, running back Paul Hornung, safety Willie Wood, defensive tackle Henry Jordan and linebacker Dave Robinson. Kramer also is the 25th Hall inductee who spent most of his career with the Packers. That’s second most in league  history, behind the Chicago Bears’ 26"

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/02/03/long-wait-over-packers-jerry-kramer-voted-into-hall-fame/1089232001/?hootPostID=f780047541b2b5e74d5719976cb5cdca

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

"Jerry Kramer finally made it. In his 11th time as a finalist, the former Green Bay Packers guard was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, a source confirmed. Kramer, 82, becomes the 13th member of the Packers’ dynasty in the 1960s to be voted into the Hall. The others are coach Vince Lombardi, fullback Jim Taylor, tackle Forrest Gregg, quarterback Bart Starr, linebacker Ray Nitschke, cornerback Herb Adderley, defensive end Willie Davis, center Jim Ringo, running back Paul Hornung, safety Willie Wood, defensive tackle Henry Jordan and linebacker Dave Robinson. Kramer also is the 25th Hall inductee who spent most of his career with the Packers. That’s second most in league  history, behind the Chicago Bears’ 26"

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/02/03/long-wait-over-packers-jerry-kramer-voted-into-hall-fame/1089232001/?hootPostID=f780047541b2b5e74d5719976cb5cdca

All I can say is ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME.   :)

Archived