TitanSS Mock Off-Season 2018

TitanSS

I see a lot of people talking about McKinnon and I just don't think he's going to come here. He's been saying he wants to be "The guy" and with Henry here I just don't think he would be.

Like the cuts and the trade. Apple is good. Mindset is not good enough to be playing in NY. He would be good here. Think it would take more to get him.

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Apple staying in NY, front office already said he gets a clean slate also Landon Collins reached out to him to be his mentor & apologized for his comments. The owner said you don’t give up on 1st round picks so fast 

There is a new GM saying he gets a clean slate. That was all he said. He made no commitment to Apple. If any problems continue, this GM has no connection to him and will probably want to see him go.

Collins apologized to the press. What else is a pro supposed to do? 

No sure thing he's gone, but its not sure he stays either.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

There is a new GM saying he gets a clean slate. That was all he said. He made no commitment to Apple. If any problems continue, this GM has no connection to him and will probably want to see him go.

Collins apologized to the press. What else is a pro supposed to do? 

No sure thing he's gone, but its not sure he stays either.

I’m fine the article but the new GM said he gets a clean slate & you don’t give up on 1st round picks that fast especially ones with talent. Collins apologized to him & said he’s going to mentor him, because he apparently been going through some off the field issues & needs to learn how to become a pro. I think the giants are going to give Eli a 2nd chance listening to him & you can knock him off our radar, because Robinson wants team 1st guys not character question guys, for us to make a trade for Eli it gotta be the reward is greater than the risk like a 3rd or 4th round pick. 2nd round picks are valued high in the league due to lack of guaranteed money & years. We didn’t have a 2nd round pick last yr.

@TitanRedd I have us trading a 4th round pick and a 2019 6th not a 2nd... So I'm not sure where you're going with that. He's easily worth that risk.

And when you predict anything like this the chances if it happening are less likely than not. Still very possible if Apple doesn't get along with that lockerroom. The GM and Collins both were saying exactly what you would expect them to say to the media. 

If I were them I'd give him a 2nd chance, but if the lockerroom issues continue he'll be out of there.

Our owner also came out and said we were going forward with Mularkey and we fired him 8 days later. Public relations does not always equal long term business plans. Happens all the time. If everything is resolved going forward I'm sure they'll keep him, but seeing as they suspended Apple for week 17, and not Collins, there's no telling if Apple still has unresolved issies.

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

@TitanRedd I have us trading a 4th round pick and a 2019 6th not a 2nd... So I'm not sure where you're going with that. He's easily worth that risk.

And when you predict anything like this the chances if it happening are less likely than not. Still very possible if Apple doesn't get along with that lockerroom. The GM and Collins both were saying exactly what you would expect them to say to the media. 

If I were them I'd give him a 2nd chance, but if the lockerroom issues continue he'll be out of there.

Our owner also came out and said we were going forward with Mularkey and we fired him 8 days later. Public relations does not always equal long term business plans. Happens all the time. If everything is resolved going forward I'm sure they'll keep him, but seeing as they suspended Apple for week 17, and not Collins, there's no telling if Apple still has unresolved issies.

That’s cause the idiot wouldn’t make changes to the staff. & I was agreeing with you on what i would offer in regards to a trade, but I was saying I only see the giants given up on Apple for a 1st round or 2nd round this offseason. When I read that article & listened to Collins I sensed they really felt the kid deserves a 2nd chance & just didn’t know how to battle off field issues, 

13 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Exactly so I see them keeping him for 1 more year to see if he’ll turn it around 

Just depends on if the lockerroom issue is resolved. If it continues they're more likely to cut him than let him impact the team in a negative way.

The NYG articles I was reading sounded like they were positive he was gone, but you never know with a new GM and HC.

I don't think Cyp is getting cut. Even as a depth/situational player only, he's not completely worthless. And we're not in cap trouble, especially if we look to Murray and Searcy to free up some instead.

I don't want Apple. For what it's worth, I'm a half Giants fan, not sure if I ever mentioned this before or not. I never understood or liked that pick, he just didn't seem that talented of a prospect to me. Story is Reese was really high on Conklin and Floyd, and would've picked either at #10, only both went off the board the two respective picks before. Plus the Tunsil situation that came out of nowhere, and Reese refusing to give up on the Flowers project at LT. I liked Hargreaves and Jackson much better as prospects and would've been happier with either, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Rookie year he struggled, it's just that he played next to two Pro Bowl level cornerbacks, an All-Pro safety in Collins and that year a really solid DL, so he never really could get too exposed. But more often than not, he just made it look impossible to turn his head and locate the football. Then came the second year, and some of his struggles on the field continued, as well as his ****ty attitude that ended up hurting the team. He was benched for his play, suspended for off the field issues. There were reports that he mishandled all the criticism he was getting from inside of the building, players were hinting at his lack of effort, which was visible a few times. He was getting pissed off when they were breaking down film and were highlighting his mistakes, etc. There's also a scouting report from when he was coming out, in which the author of it mentions he's too concerned because he's just immature and lacks any life skills. He had what I think to be the biggest game of his career so far against Denver this year, where he really played pretty solid, so he has potential, but plenty of issues you can't just really get away with in the NFL as a CB, and his attitude and off the field presence goes against pretty much everything JRob and Vrabel mentioned to stand for. So I'd be surprised if they make a move for him. If they were, I could live with it, as long as it's not anything more than a 5th/6th round pick.

9 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I don't think Cyp is getting cut. Even as a depth/situational player only, he's not completely worthless. And we're not in cap trouble, especially if we look to Murray and Searcy to free up some instead.

I don't want Apple. For what it's worth, I'm a half Giants fan, not sure if I ever mentioned this before or not. I never understood or liked that pick, he just didn't seem that talented of a prospect to me. Story is Reese was really high on Conklin and Floyd, and would've picked either at #10, only both went off the board the two respective picks before. Plus the Tunsil situation that came out of nowhere, and Reese refusing to give up on the Flowers project at LT. I liked Hargreaves and Jackson much better as prospects and would've been happier with either, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Rookie year he struggled, it's just that he played next to two Pro Bowl level cornerbacks, an All-Pro safety in Collins and that year a really solid DL, so he never really could get too exposed. But more often than not, he just made it look impossible to turn his head and locate the football. Then came the second year, and some of his struggles on the field continued, as well as his ****ty attitude that ended up hurting the team. He was benched for his play, suspended for off the field issues. There were reports that he mishandled all the criticism he was getting from inside of the building, players were hinting at his lack of effort, which was visible a few times. He was getting pissed off when they were breaking down film and were highlighting his mistakes, etc. There's also a scouting report from when he was coming out, in which the author of it mentions he's too concerned because he's just immature and lacks any life skills. He had what I think to be the biggest game of his career so far against Denver this year, where he really played pretty solid, so he has potential, but plenty of issues you can't just really get away with in the NFL as a CB, and his attitude and off the field presence goes against pretty much everything JRob and Vrabel mentioned to stand for. So I'd be surprised if they make a move for him. If they were, I could live with it, as long as it's not anything more than a 5th/6th round pick.

I think cyp is gone if, we feel we can get better in FA or he doesn’t fit our new scheme. He can’t cover & is a liability in space, by us having so much cap space we can afford to take a 2.5 mill cap hit at the same time saving 4.5 mill by cutting him & putting that towards his replacement. It’s a reason why Robinson front load mostly all the guaranteed money in the 1st yr of all FA we signed last yr ? 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I think cyp is gone if, we feel we can get better in FA or he doesn’t fit our new scheme. He can’t cover & is a liability in space, by us having so much cap space we can afford to take a 2.5 mill cap hit at the same time saving 4.5 mill by cutting him & putting that towards his replacement. It’s a reason why Robinson front load mostly all the guaranteed money in the 1st yr of all FA we signed last yr ? 

He's terrible in space and he can't play back deep, but when he's asked to handle man coverage duties, I actually don't think he's that bad. Plus I don't really think the market offers all that much talent to replace him, and a veteran like Burnett, Ward or Branch, or someone younger like Reid and Vaccaro is going to demand probably somewhere around what we'd save by cutting Cyp. I just don't think we'd gain anything significant by releasing him. By all means, try to find a strong candidate to take his place in the Draft, and if they pull it off, release him next year.

9 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

He's terrible in space and he can't play back deep, but when he's asked to handle man coverage duties, I actually don't think he's that bad. Plus I don't really think the market offers all that much talent to replace him, and a veteran like Burnett, Ward or Branch, or someone younger like Reid and Vaccaro is going to demand probably somewhere around what we'd save by cutting Cyp. I just don't think we'd gain anything significant by releasing him. By all means, try to find a strong candidate to take his place in the Draft, and if they pull it off, release him next year.

That is true but guess what you get a safety that can play in space, man coverage, deep or slot. Like Vrabel said you best to know how to play more than 1 position. It’s not about the money it’s about value & if we cut cyp save 4.5 mill than add another 2 to three million to that for his replacement that is all around better then guess what, It make sense. 

Archived