• Josh McCwon
    • AJ Mccaron
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Case Keenum
    • Chase Daniel
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Drew Stanton
    • Derek Anderson

Sam Bradford's knee is so bad that he's reportedly considering retirement.

Teddy Bridgewater has knee concerns and may not be a FA anyway due to contract toll question marks as well that disqualify him.

For me, it comes down to Tyrod Taylor, AJ Mccaron, or Josh McCown.

I don't think Case Keenum fits the Haley-Jackson offense in terms of being able to take deep shots accurately.

I'd go with McCown, but i don't think he can stay healthy enough.

AJ Mccaron's a bit of a d*** and Diva so I don't know how well he'd cope with a Darnold and Kizer on his heels, but if he could do so well he'd be my choice.

Outside of Mccaron and McCown, it's Tyrod Taylor all day every day for me.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I'd go with McCown, but i don't think he can stay healthy enough.

AJ Mccaron's a bit of a d*** and Diva so I don't know how well he'd cope with a Darnold and Kizer on his heels, but if he could do so well he'd be my choice.

Outside of Mccaron and McCown, it's Tyrod Taylor all day every day for me.

Kind of how i am leaning. The only two on that list who i think would be willing to come in knowing there are only a temporary fix are McCown and Anderson. The others all think they can be, and are looking to be a longer term answer and starter. 

Give me the definition of game manager in Tyrod Taylor. He'll throw for about 3,00 yards, rush for 400-600, account for 20-25 total TD, complete over 60% of his passes, average about 200 passing yards per game, and turn it over less than 8 times all year. He's also a veteran with a fantastic work ethic. He'll come cheap, and we can walk away after this year and maybe even trade him for a mid to low round pick next year if we sign him to a 2 year deal.

Give me Deshone Kizer. If you are drafting a quarterback at #1 and just looking to sit him and learn, I don't see why you don't just start Kizer. It's unlikely that any of those bridge quarterbacks makes you considerably better than Kizer does,  and I can't see the chance of making the playoffs considerably greater. So why not roll with Kizer again, with a full compliment of weapons at his disposal (Gordon for a full year, hopefully Coleman for a full year, Njoku with a year under his belt as I said before he was heading into the draft that he was going to be more of a long play, grab a running back), and see what he is with a year under his belt. Maybe he builds some value that can be moved out after the year is over when you want to turn it over to the rookie. Maybe he bombs, but at least at that point you know for sure that he just doesn't have it. 

Give me McCarron. To me the biggest thing we might need is a QB who is truly comfortable around Huebris. I think Kizer doesnt fully trust him. I think McCarron could be good in this system, specially if the Browns can add more offensive talent. He is an unknown at age 27, that maybe he turns into a legit QB that the Browns could flip him in a season or two or make their QB and they flip the QB they take at #1 pick for picks 2-3years from now

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Give me Deshone Kizer. If you are drafting a quarterback at #1 and just looking to sit him and learn, I don't see why you don't just start Kizer. It's unlikely that any of those bridge quarterbacks makes you considerably better than Kizer does,  and I can't see the chance of making the playoffs considerably greater. So why not roll with Kizer again, with a full compliment of weapons at his disposal (Gordon for a full year, hopefully Coleman for a full year, Njoku with a year under his belt as I said before he was heading into the draft that he was going to be more of a long play, grab a running back), and see what he is with a year under his belt. Maybe he builds some value that can be moved out after the year is over when you want to turn it over to the rookie. Maybe he bombs, but at least at that point you know for sure that he just doesn't have it. 

In theory that would be fine even though I wouldn't foresee Kizer holding off starting a rookie very long. Hue is 1-31 I don't think he will want a QB starting that loses games for you and that is what Kizer did last year. With Flacco or Eli (during poor seasons) at QB that still would have been several more TDs and a dozen less turnovers we probably win a handful of games. If Kizer would have just taken knees once he got in the endzone we probably score more than we did. He'd have to make a pretty good turn around to save Hue's job and I doubt Hue would want to gamble on that, he knows he isn't worth his salt he just doesn't want anyone else to know.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

In theory that would be fine even though I wouldn't foresee Kizer holding off starting a rookie very long. Hue is 1-31 I don't think he will want a QB starting that loses games for you and that is what Kizer did last year. With Flacco or Eli (during poor seasons) at QB that still would have been several more TDs and a dozen less turnovers we probably win a handful of games. If Kizer would have just taken knees once he got in the endzone we probably score more than we did. He'd have to make a pretty good turn around to save Hue's job and I doubt Hue would want to gamble on that, he knows he isn't worth his salt he just doesn't want anyone else to know.

That's a good point. The job security issue will play a big factor, which is a shame, because I do think that it makes the most sense to roll with Kizer.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Give me the definition of game manager in Tyrod Taylor. He'll throw for about 3,00 yards, rush for 400-600, account for 20-25 total TD, complete over 60% of his passes, average about 200 passing yards per game, and turn it over less than 8 times all year. He's also a veteran with a fantastic work ethic. He'll come cheap, and we can walk away after this year and maybe even trade him for a mid to low round pick next year if we sign him to a 2 year deal.

Problem is I have questions if Tyrod is a product of that system. He comes from a extremely run heavy offense built for his strengths. Lots of quick reads with a few shots sprinked in.

Hues offense is so much more reliant on a traditional QB with big arm strength to complete all of those vertical passing routes. It requires a lot of 'big boy' throws and I dont know if Taylor would be able to look anything like he currently does if he had to go from a option, run, RPO, quick route offense to a traditional vertical passing offense. And we all know Hue does not change his system to his QBs strengths so thats out the window.

Knowing Hues offense, weirdly enough Josh McCown would be a very good choice because he is a vertical passer, big arm and a fantastic mentor type to actually show a rookie some ropes.

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think Philadelphia holds onto him, especially since there’s no guarantee Wentz is ready to play by September. That would be a very quick ACL turnaround

Dnk.

It sounds like he basically is a rental to them for next year: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-foles-contract-would-make-him-a-free-agent-if-hes-on-the-eagles-in-february-2019/

Archived