• Josh McCwon
    • AJ Mccaron
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Case Keenum
    • Chase Daniel
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Drew Stanton
    • Derek Anderson

I really think our options are quite limited, no FA QB who believes he has the talent to be a starter in the NFL is going to sign with a team that is drafting a QB #1 overall, never going to happen. We will either continue with Kizer or have to find a QB that realizes he will always be a backup and has no problem being our temporary starter till Darnold is ready to play or we simply start Darnold from day 1 and let him learn on the job.

I prefer that he starts around game 7 or 8, but that just may be impossible if we cannot sign a real career backup. Next year is a lost season anyways, nothing is going to change that. Trubisky is a perfect example and the Bears bit the bullet to let him develop soundly, ditto for Mahomes, although he will have a tougher road to haul, because he was given so little playing time, he is still going to need an adjustment phase before he is really ready.

It will be 2019, before we see a dramatic turnaround for this franchise, until then 3 or 4 wins is the most we can hope for.

I actually think the most realistic option is Chase Daniel. Dorsey's already signed him once before and he's been the "bridge QB/veteran back up" to a top QB  before (Carson Wentz). I could see bringing him in to be a badly needed veteran presence in the QB room and to hold down the fort before the QBotF takes over in the latter half/third in the season.

8 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I actually think the most realistic option is Chase Daniel. Dorsey's already signed him once before and he's been the "bridge QB/veteran back up" to a top QB  before (Carson Wentz). I could see bringing him in to be a badly needed veteran presence in the QB room and to hold down the fort before the QBotF takes over in the latter half/third in the season.

Great call, I could for sure see that happening.

Archived