Newsome to Step Down as GM in 2019

coordinator0

???

I mean, we knew it was coming eventually, but I just assumed it would happen after we won the super bowl next year. I didn’t think he would announce it before hand.

And Bisciotti is really starting to show his age. I guess that Italian blood can only stave off age for so long. He should’ve been born Romanian and he would’ve lived forever.

i am probably reading too much in his words but i get the feeling Bisciotti finally gets tired of - same ish, different year - and he will can Harbaugh after next season to give DeCosta a fresh start with a new HC. of course to be done the nice way and having JH announce he'll step down or something like that.

hopefully.

i am getting tired of him trying to sell the "we were just a play / few plays short of playoffs" though. no Steve, you were lucky to face the easiest schedule of QBs this team could hope for and still it came down to the last game, last minute melt down as the year before. cannot tell me he is satisfied with that. run the table is what you should be aiming at. not putting yourself constantly in the position to have your season come down the outcome of the final reg season game.

Wow guess I was wrong. Sounds like playoff or bust next year for harbaugh...

I wonder how much of this move was a push by Bisciotti. The fact that he's telling us and not Ozzie himself is a bit telling.

So I wonder does Ozzie actually allow DeCosta to take over the role this year in reality and just oversee the transition... Or do we find out that DeCosta has been essentially the Gm for some years now anyway... I wonder who makes the final call this year... And I wonder if DeCosta has a more aggressive approach to free agency... We need a new approach to how we evaluate open market free agency and a clear top voice on draft day... Hopefully we get that from Decosta 

I just want us to draft a successful receiver damn it. This was probably overdue but harbaugh wasn't the problem, it was ozzie (I'll admit his coordinators have been terrible to medicore outside of kubiak and that is a massive reason why we underachieved) 

Hopefully Decosta can right the ship.

51 minutes ago, EastsideEZ said:

So I wonder does Ozzie actually allow DeCosta to take over the role this year in reality and just oversee the transition... Or do we find out that DeCosta has been essentially the Gm for some years now anyway... I wonder who makes the final call this year... And I wonder if DeCosta has a more aggressive approach to free agency... We need a new approach to how we evaluate open market free agency and a clear top voice on draft day... Hopefully we get that from Decosta 

From what I've read, DeCosta has been running the drafts for several years now (which is not a good thing, when you think about it). I'm not sure how much sway he has elsewhere.

Archived