Inter forum help

Dawgpoun8017

Good afternoon gentlemen.... I come from the browns forum asking for your help. In Cleveland it looks as if we will draft a QB and browns fans are looking at possible bridge QB’s to transition the new QB into the league. Well the name of your beloved tyrod Taylor has floated around quite a bit as the perfect transition guy and perfect game manager QB who won’t lose you games while the young guy gets ready. Now me personally having grown up in the finger lakes region have seen multiple games of his on tv and well frankly I want nothing to do with him. Can you guys give me your first hand opinion of T2 as the bridge guy, as well as his willingness to be the mentor to another young QB. Thank you 

It would take a lot to get Tyrod. I'm sure Beane just saw the Alex Smith trade. Both QBs are thought of as game managers. Albeit Smith has had a lot more success... Tyrod is younger and I'm sure will be cheaper (I assume we will have to eat some of his contract).  I'm guessing it will take a 3rd rounder to trade for him after seeing what Alex got in return.

As for Tyrod. He is solid. He will struggle to throw for 200 yards but he won't turn the ball over. He is far to safe. He refuses to throw to guys unless they are wide open. He rarely throws his recievers open. He was so much better as his first year as a starter... Back then he atleast had a accurate deep ball to compliment his game but that seems to have disappeared the past couple years. But even with his struggles he will never put your team in a bad position... 

I see it differently Alex Smith has proven after several years he is a capable starter and makes the plays with his arms. Tyrod on the other hand is an average qb he will get you 2800-3200 yds a season with 12-15 td and a few ints. He is very frustrating to watch as sometimes he can make plays that most qbs cannot do to his legs with that said he will miss plays that every qb can make such as a short route passes where a guy is wide open and he will throw it 5 ft over his head, behind him, or at his feet. Hes not going to cost you games nor will he win you games. He will keep your team in it with a capable RB and defense. With that said I see the bills looking to cut him then be able to trade him and if he is traded I do not see anything more then a day 3 pick like a 5th or 6th rd pick. Keep in mind he will be paid 10 mil this year on any new team as his contract is 18 million and 8 is guaranteed by bills. As for him off the field from what I hear he is a great mentor, leader in the locker room and is a nice guy so he wont be a diva type guy. He will compete for that starting role and it may be wise to let him play this year giving rosen or darnold time to understand the pro level. 

Archived