Aaron Rodgers and the QB Coaching change.

jleisher

I still think we should trade him before his next mega contract.  Everybody thinks because Brady and Brees did it anybody can do it.  I doubt it.  Aaron isn't going to last another six years if he keeps playing the way he plays. 

At 36, we could still get two first round picks for him.  Unless our defense is a top 5 defense with no signs of slowing down, I'd trade Rodgers.

Rodgers has bitched and moaned more often and more vocally than any other QB in the league.  I don't like him. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I still think we should trade him before his next mega contract.  Everybody thinks because Brady and Brees did it anybody can do it.  I doubt it.  Aaron isn't going to last another six years if he keeps playing the way he plays. 

At 36, we could still get two first round picks for him.  Unless our defense is a top 5 defense with no signs of slowing down, I'd trade Rodgers.

Rodgers has bitched and moaned more often and more vocally than any other QB in the league.  I don't like him. 

I think 3 more years is the GB and Rodgers window.  Current deal plus 1 more, maybe a franchise tag.   $30+M for a 36-37 year old QB is a lot.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think 3 more years is the GB and Rodgers window.  Current deal plus 1 more, maybe a franchise tag.   $30+M for a 36-37 year old QB is a lot.

Sure it's a lot.  But $30 mill for the best QB in the league is money well spent.  Look at the Packers this year with and without Rodgers.  30 mill is a no-brainer.

Aaron expressed his concerns that he wasn’t consulted before Van Pelt left GB.  Well, it’s possible that Van Pelt left GB because of Rodgers.  Most assume it was a difference of opinion between him and MM, which of course is possible also.  Regardless, I don’t like any of this, and I’m hoping it’s all just been sensationalized by the media.

Not really much to sensationalize. There is audio of his comments. He doesn’t like Van Pelt being gone, he wasn’t consulted on that decision. Big whoop. 

Coaches/players change all the time, people get upset, it happens. 

Van Pelt left because he wanted to become an offensive coordinator. He was offered a new contract, but refused. Rodgers is wrong. He wasn't consulted because there was nothing the team could do to retain someone who wanted to try to advance throught he coaching ranks. This article does a good job of explaining why this is, indeed, more off-season nonsense. But I'll excerpt two quotes to illustrate.

First, from Jason Wilde:

Alex Van Pelt did not sign an extension before the 2017 season because he wanted to be able to pursue a coordinator job. Mike McCarthy has historically blocked position coaches from coordinator interviews if under contract. Ben McAdoo did same thing after being blocked.

Want something to conider? His complaints about the defense seem to indicate he will be looking to see what Gutekunst does to shore up that side of the ball. Would he consider taking a bit less on his next contract to help out? Stay tuned.

“I’d say we’re not too far off. If you look at the final four teams that were in it, three of the four have dominating defenses, and the other one is the Patriots, which are often the most well-coached team in the NFL,” Rodgers said. “You’re looking at what Jacksonville did with their defense; what obviously Minnesota, what they do with their defense; and Philly was phenomenal. We need to get back to playing championship defense.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/01/aaron-rodgers-says-packers-let-quarterbacks-coach-go-without-consulting-me/?utm_term=.fbb2a56fb954 

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

xDxD

You can spin anything any which way these days but I did see an interview where he rattled off all of the Eagles player acquisitions and praised their personnel department. I'm sure you know where this is going. Let's face it, Rodgers is a smart and competitive guy. You don't become the best if you're not. He just knows. As you get older and amass the hours he has in the film room and all the extra time, you want everyone else to do the same. You max out what you can do and the competitor in you looks around and wonders if everything is being done to help you out. Sound familiar ? I'm starting to agree with him. The money has changed things. Loyalties have changed. Player movements have accelerated. Rodgers also needs to understand it's a hell of a lot easier and faster if you have a QB on a rookie contract vs one about to make 40m per. Interesting days ahead

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

You can spin anything any which way these days but I did see an interview where he rattled off all of the Eagles player acquisitions and praised their personnel department. I'm sure you know where this is going. Let's face it, Rodgers is a smart and competitive guy. You don't become the best if you're not. He just knows. As you get older and amass the hours he has in the film room and all the extra time, you want everyone else to do the same. You max out what you can do and the competitor in you looks around and wonders if everything is being done to help you out. Sound familiar ? I'm starting to agree with him. The money has changed things. Loyalties have changed. Player movements have accelerated. Rodgers also needs to understand it's a hell of a lot easier and faster if you have a QB on a rookie contract vs one about to make 40m per. Interesting days ahead

Rodger’s is smart, and for that matter, loyal.  However, looking back at the last several years, he could easily make the arguement that the organization has continually asked him to shoulder more than his fair share of the heavy lifting.  I’d be frustrated too.  Especially when half the cast of characters around him go down like flies with injuries every year, with no plan - or help.  It was like, “hey Aaron, just do more.”  I believe that will change moving forward.  Sadly, many good years were lost to ultra-conservatism by the org, and I, like you and others outside of 1265, understand AR’s frustration.  If he were to take his talents elsewhere, like everyone outside of 1265 would like to have happen, I’d hope that fans wouldn’t act surprised.

There’s no use lamenting the past at this point - we can only hope to salvage the remaining time we still have AR in the fold.  And it’s quite possible that time may be short.

Great now we got Aaron acting like his woman again, seasons over last time he got into a relationship and he wore Olivia's panties he played like a pansy. I'm sorry Aaron you are a player, not the owner, GM, coach or whatever. Heck this type of thing happens in New England too with Tom's personal trainer. Only difference is I'm not sure Aaron let's things go as easy. There my two cents boyz!

Archived