Aaron Rodgers and the QB Coaching change.

jleisher

2 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Great now we got Aaron acting like his woman again, seasons over last time he got into a relationship and he wore Olivia's panties he played like a pansy. I'm sorry Aaron you are a player, not the owner, GM, coach or whatever. Heck this type of thing happens in New England too with Tom's personal trainer. Only difference is I'm not sure Aaron let's things go as easy. There my two cents boyz!

This a horrible comparison; especially when Denny has had a history of dumping Danica, and others, at plate tracks for no reason. That's why my man Tony Stewart stepped in; let's not forget he wrecked Tony when they were still teammates...

This is a situation where you have an all-time elite QB who has carried an entire franchise that's paid him back with an inability of building a support system around. You'd be pissed if you did all the work at your job and your employer kept on putting incompetent superiors around you. Wouldn't you? 

21 hours ago, jleisher said:

Should we as Packer fans be worried about this unsettled tensions between Rodgers and MM.  I thought Alex left on his own accord, he wasn't fired. 

No... he is inline to sign the richest nfl contract this offseason. It’s positioning. Aaron also always talks legacy and being at one place his whole career.

He saw what happened to Favre and others. He is positioning his leavage in Green Bay. That is what this is.

4 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Great now we got Aaron acting like his woman again, seasons over last time he got into a relationship and he wore Olivia's panties he played like a pansy. I'm sorry Aaron you are a player, not the owner, GM, coach or whatever. Heck this type of thing happens in New England too with Tom's personal trainer. Only difference is I'm not sure Aaron let's things go as easy. There my two cents boyz!

Legit not sure if serious

20 hours ago, ricky said:

Van Pelt left because he wanted to become an offensive coordinator. He was offered a new contract, but refused. Rodgers is wrong. He wasn't consulted because there was nothing the team could do to retain someone who wanted to try to advance throught he coaching ranks. This article does a good job of explaining why this is, indeed, more off-season nonsense. But I'll excerpt two quotes to illustrate.

First, from Jason Wilde:

Alex Van Pelt did not sign an extension before the 2017 season because he wanted to be able to pursue a coordinator job. Mike McCarthy has historically blocked position coaches from coordinator interviews if under contract. Ben McAdoo did same thing after being blocked.

Want something to conider? His complaints about the defense seem to indicate he will be looking to see what Gutekunst does to shore up that side of the ball. Would he consider taking a bit less on his next contract to help out? Stay tuned.

“I’d say we’re not too far off. If you look at the final four teams that were in it, three of the four have dominating defenses, and the other one is the Patriots, which are often the most well-coached team in the NFL,” Rodgers said. “You’re looking at what Jacksonville did with their defense; what obviously Minnesota, what they do with their defense; and Philly was phenomenal. We need to get back to playing championship defense.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/01/aaron-rodgers-says-packers-let-quarterbacks-coach-go-without-consulting-me/?utm_term=.fbb2a56fb954 

Thank you, I thought I had read this as well.

21 hours ago, ricky said:

Van Pelt left because he wanted to become an offensive coordinator. He was offered a new contract, but refused. Rodgers is wrong. He wasn't consulted because there was nothing the team could do to retain someone who wanted to try to advance throught he coaching ranks. This article does a good job of explaining why this is, indeed, more off-season nonsense. But I'll excerpt two quotes to illustrate.

First, from Jason Wilde:

Alex Van Pelt did not sign an extension before the 2017 season because he wanted to be able to pursue a coordinator job. Mike McCarthy has historically blocked position coaches from coordinator interviews if under contract. Ben McAdoo did same thing after being blocked.

Want something to conider? His complaints about the defense seem to indicate he will be looking to see what Gutekunst does to shore up that side of the ball. Would he consider taking a bit less on his next contract to help out? Stay tuned.

“I’d say we’re not too far off. If you look at the final four teams that were in it, three of the four have dominating defenses, and the other one is the Patriots, which are often the most well-coached team in the NFL,” Rodgers said. “You’re looking at what Jacksonville did with their defense; what obviously Minnesota, what they do with their defense; and Philly was phenomenal. We need to get back to playing championship defense.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/01/aaron-rodgers-says-packers-let-quarterbacks-coach-go-without-consulting-me/?utm_term=.fbb2a56fb954 

Is this really any different than many of us have said? We have complained about the defense for years. Aaron lives it every Sunday.

-Aaron wants to be the highest paid Quarterback in the league - fine he deserves to be

-Aaron comes out to bat for his receivers - he wanted Adams signed and I'm guessing he wont be happy if Nelson or Cobb have to leave due to not performing up to heir contract.  Fair doos - give the franchise QB his weapons

-Aaron I'm pretty sure wants to be protected so we pay a lot of money for a damn good LT - rightly too, Aaron is becoming more and more fragile so protecting him is a priority

-Aaron wants us to be playing Championship calibre defence

Aaron needs to read up on the salary cap. There's a reason why Rodgers has to carry the Packers and that's because a heck of a lot of money is spent paying him and the receivers he wants and people to protect him. That's fine - its a pretty valid cap strategy but when you put that amount of money into the passing game, it has to carry the team unless you absolutely nail a stack of defensive draft picks.

I love Rodgers but he is starting to come across as being bigger than the franchise - ultimately you have to play along with it because we need him. Hopefully we get a new contract sorted but if he asks for the world I don't have any problems with letting him play out his contract then franchising him.

If Rodgers was as close to Van Pelt as everyone is assuming he had to know Alex didn't renew his contract and was going to leave.  Perhaps #12 is wondering about the new QB coach and was disappointed that McCarthy didn't talk to him before the hire.  It was a major mistake by Aaron to talk about this to the press.  I thought he was smarter than that...

Would rodgers really leave the packers? Is it really that bad in Green Bay? All rodgers said was it was "interesting" he probably wasnt thrilled about it ya, but just because he said this doesn't equal rodgers leaving. Not to mention the packers will do everything to keep him if he truly wasn't happy there. Also rodgers has to have in his mind all the fans He would let down building his legacy there. He should be excited about the other changes, especially philbin coming back.

This all goes back to Seattle in 2014. They get to that Super Bowl This conversation isn't so black and white. I like the changes the Packers have made, and I'm sure Aaron likes some of them too. Aaron knows this could either be the start of a new window, or really the end. He is going to take every opportunity to speak his mind on what he thinks it takes to win. I think that after that Seattle collapse it taking three years to make some of these changes have worn on him. He brought a dumpster fire to another NFC championship game just last year. He knows we can win titles, but the process needs changing. I don't agree he should be consulted for coaching changes, but I do believe he has every right to state his opinion. He puts everything out there. With all that said I feel we will continue to be successful, and this will blow over. Rodgers will stay a Packer. This offseason has huge questions about the future. Just like 2008 did when Rodgers was named starter. We will just have to sit back and watch.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:04 AM, cooters22 said:

Great now we got Aaron acting like his woman again, seasons over last time he got into a relationship and he wore Olivia's panties he played like a pansy.

You mean the last year he won MVP?

If Aaron needs to wear lingerie and lipstick to get back to healthy 2014 MVP levels I'm all for it.

How is this sort of sexism allowed by forum rules when everything else is locked down so tightly?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I still think we should trade him before his next mega contract.  Everybody thinks because Brady and Brees did it anybody can do it.  I doubt it.  Aaron isn't going to last another six years if he keeps playing the way he plays. 

At 36, we could still get two first round picks for him.  Unless our defense is a top 5 defense with no signs of slowing down, I'd trade Rodgers.

Rodgers has bitched and moaned more often and more vocally than any other QB in the league.  I don't like him. 

This is crazy talk.  Far more QBs in the NFL fail than succeed.  We seen just how ungodly awful we are when we aren't getting elite play from our QB. Having a great defense matters little if you are getting garbage play from your QB.  I don't get the idea of blowing up the Packers and starting from scratch because you don't like the QB.  Seems like a receipt for a decade worth of 8-8 finishes. 

What the Eagles did last night with a back up QB is something that almost never happens.  IMO, they had the head coach capable of winning without their MVP QB.  I don't believe McCarthy is capable of doing the same. 

16 minutes ago, SSG said:

This is crazy talk.  Far more QBs in the NFL fail than succeed.  We seen just how ungodly awful we are when we aren't getting elite play from our QB. Having a great defense matters little if you are getting garbage play from your QB.  I don't get the idea of blowing up the Packers and starting from scratch because you don't like the QB.  Seems like a receipt for a decade worth of 8-8 finishes. 

What the Eagles did last night with a back up QB is something that almost never happens.  IMO, they had the head coach capable of winning without their MVP QB.  I don't believe McCarthy is capable of doing the same. 

Foles isn't your run-of-the-mill backup QB.  He is a seasoned veteran who got on a hot streak this offseason.

You can win with a superb defense if you have a competent QB.  2 teams without QB play and great D's played in their conference championship game (Jax and MN).  If those 2 teams had better QBs they would have played in last night's game.

I too don't understand the thinking of blowing up our team either or getting rid of Rodgers.  Right now, even with the defense as it is presently, we are one of the SB favorites for 2018 because of our QB.  Fix the defense and watch out NFL.

Winning in the playoffs in modern football comes down to the QB, home field, and coaching. As long as your defense is average you're fine. Minnesota and Jax, despite having the 2 elite defenses in the NFL this year, lost. Rodgers will continue to get us close, and we need to stay healthy. Philly lost some key guys this year, but other than Hicks that defense didn't lose a ton of games from their starters. 

And don't @ me with the Foles situation. Foles played like a pro bowl QB in the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Winning in the playoffs in modern football comes down to the QB, home field, and coaching. As long as your defense is average you're fine. Minnesota and Jax, despite having the 2 elite defenses in the NFL this year, lost. Rodgers will continue to get us close, and we need to stay healthy. Philly lost some key guys this year, but other than Hicks that defense didn't lose a ton of games from their starters. 

And don't @ me with the Foles situation. Foles played like a pro bowl QB in the playoffs. 

Imma @ you with the Foles deal. We didnt need Foles this year. We just needed something other than the Hundo to win us one or two more in 7 games

Archived