2018 NFL free agency

Bballbkd

A much needed thread. Post players, positions of need and even cuts from the team.

Four lineman I want to see us go after:

Ju'waun James, RT, Miami

Nate Solder, LT, Patriots

Alex Boone, guard, Cardinals

Norwell, lg, Carolina

All could be huge upgrades for us

10 hours ago, Bballbkd said:

A much needed thread. Post players, positions of need and even cuts from the team.

Four lineman I want to see us go after:

Ju'waun James, RT, Miami

Nate Solder, LT, Patriots

Alex Boone, guard, Cardinals

Norwell, lg, Carolina

All could be huge upgrades for us

@Bballbkd- Those are good ideas; and I agree that so great are the Giants' needs on the O-line that they must explore free-agency, in addition to the draft. I'm all-in on Andrew Norwell- not only would he be the cornerstone of a great line, but he hasn't missed a game in 2 years, contrary to the oft-injured Pugh and Richburg.

One caveat: Nate Solder, being the only left tackle available in free-agency, is going to be offered a contract by somebody in excess of the Gross National Product of Luxembourg- especially after the impact that Andrew Whitworth had for the Rams last year. And I feel that this will be a monstrous overpayment. Nate Solder is a guy I once wanted the Giants to draft, and he's been a good NFL left tackle. Now, however, he's already on the downside of his career; this would be a classic case of paying for past performance, rather than future returns. Someone's going to make a cap-crippling mistake on this former good player- I just hope it's not the Giants.

Good idea- the O-line in free-agnecy- otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Jensen, but doubt we pay that money to bring him on. We might look to draft a center which I don't mind. But also would like to see us go after Breahaud Breeland. Would make a nice tandem with Jenkins and would make Apple expendable 

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

What would you think of adding Jeremiah Attaochu would be a good addition to our D-Line

We have depth on the DL, we just have to actually use it. Hopefully Bettcher asserts himself and actually pulls JPP and Vernon for a few reps every game to keep them fresh. 

I expect us to sign a lot of LBs. Quantity over quality at this point. We barely have enough bodies to play some positions in Bettcher's defense. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived