2017 Cornerback Review Part 7: Patrick Peterson

RandyMossIsBoss

9 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Be my guest and judge me off a flippant thread made for an off the wall, fun discussion. I'll take you to the woodshed on X&O's, buddy.

First of all, you fought tooth and nail for about 30 pages and intentionally kept bumping that thread on a regular basis whenever it fit your narrative, so don't back-peddle now and act as if you were joking all along and having fun with it. 

Second of all, my above response was only said in jest and had nothing to do with me judging you at all. It was freaking joke to avoid derailing this mans thread and stop you from trying to make it all about you with this type of non-sense conversation in the first place. FYI, I also believe that defense and ST's win championships so why would I even hound you about it at all? But go ahead know-it-all.....take it how you want. 

Third of all, you certainly have a high opinion of yourself for someone that has gone on record stating here that schedules and opponents don't matter which is absolutely one of the dumbest things ever. You have also said that no stats matter expect PPG, which is a completely contradicting yourself whenever you use personal player stats without context. You have stated that footballoutsiders is a joke but then post a link to an article that was in fact written by one of their writers that regular uses the FO formula IN his articles. 

Point is, anyone that says some of the things that you have should not be taken serious at all. 

Which brings me my fourth and final point. If I WERE to judge you based on anything at all it would be the fact that you made one of the absolute dumbest and most illogical statements that has ever been made on this entire forum and there has been plenty of them over the years.....playboy.

36 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

First of all, you fought tooth and nail for about 30 pages and intentionally kept bumping that thread on a regular basis whenever it fit your narrative, so don't back-peddle now and act as if you were joking all along and having fun with it. 

Second of all, my above response was only said in jest and had nothing to do with me judging you at all. It was freaking joke to avoid derailing this mans thread and stop you from trying to make it all about you with this type of non-sense conversation in the first place. FYI, I also believe that defense and ST's win championships so why would I even hound you about it at all? But go ahead know-it-all.....take it how you want. 

Third of all, you certainly have a high opinion of yourself for someone that has gone on record stating here that schedules and opponents don't matter which is absolutely one of the dumbest things ever. You have also said that no stats matter expect PPG, which is a completely contradicting yourself whenever you use personal player stats without context. You have stated that footballoutsiders is a joke but then post a link to an article that was in fact written by one of their writers that regular uses the FO formula IN his articles. 

Point is, anyone that says some of the things that you have should not be taken serious at all. 

Which brings me my fourth and final point. If I WERE to judge you based on anything at all it would be the fact that you made one of the absolute dumbest and most illogical statements that has ever been made on this entire forum and there has been plenty of them over the years.....playboy.

Feel better now?

• 2 weeks later...

Lattimore is a clear tier or more below Ramsey & even more of a far cry from Rhodes. Very good player already, highly athletic but he can be had more often than most true top-flight corners. One thing I think people don't focus on enough for obvious reasons (Minneapolis Miracle taking the headlines, for one) is his battle with Adam Thielen in the Divisional Round. Thielen made big chain-moving plays against him throughout. Lattimore looked overtly overmatched.

8 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

Lattimore is a clear tier or more below Ramsey & even more of a far cry from Rhodes. Very good player already, highly athletic but he can be had more often than most true top-flight corners. One thing I think people don't focus on enough for obvious reasons (Minneapolis Miracle taking the headlines, for one) is his battle with Adam Thielen in the Divisional Round. Thielen made big chain-moving plays against him throughout. Lattimore looked overtly overmatched.

The word of the day is...bias. [Random muppets running ‘round dancing]

6 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

And Michael Thomas cooked Rhodes a few times.

I actually thought his coverage was solid throughout the game, but Thielen just made some great plays.

Just now, JMG5 said:

And Michael Thomas cooked Rhodes a few times.

I actually thought his coverage was solid throughout the game, but Thielen just made some great plays.

He did. A few times, for 40ish yards & 1 TD. Michael Thomas is a good player. I don't expect Rhodes to absolutely erase every good WR in the game. I just expect him to do it most of the time. Like the way he shut down Thomas on three straight plays at the tail end of the 4th quarter. 

I agree, Thielen did make some great plays. 

Just now, PurpleMugen said:

He did. A few times, for 40ish yards & 1 TD. Michael Thomas is a good player. I don't expect Rhodes to absolutely erase every good WR in the game. I just expect him to do it most of the time. Like the way he shut down Thomas on three straight plays at the tail end of the 4th quarter. 

I agree, Thielen did make some great plays. 

Good players make plays. It happens.

But to say that he is a "far cry" from Rhodes is a bit ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Good players make plays. It happens.

But to say that he is a "far cry" from Rhodes is a bit ridiculous.

I mean, OP said right in this thread that he finds it hard to believe he'll even see better CB play than that of Rhodes. I don't know what you want me to say. I have a lot of respect for the Saints, I feel like you guys are always a worthy adversary. That doesn't mean I have to make stuff up about your team to sound more 'neutral.' I think it's more ridiculous to try to equate Lattimore to Rhodes. Sometimes one player is just clearly better than the other. It's not hate, as I said Lattimore is very good and I mean that. He's just not Rhodes and the large majority of football fans and pundits will agree with that exact notion. I can understand that a Saints fan doesn't like hearing it, though. It's no animosity from my end.

Archived