2017 Cornerback Review Part 7: Patrick Peterson

RandyMossIsBoss

11 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

I mean, OP said right in this thread that he finds it hard to believe he'll even see better CB play than that of Rhodes. I don't know what you want me to say. I have a lot of respect for the Saints, I feel like you guys are always a worthy adversary. That doesn't mean I have to make stuff up about your team to sound more 'neutral.' I think it's more ridiculous to try to equate Lattimore to Rhodes. Sometimes one player is just clearly better than the other. It's not hate, as I said Lattimore is very good and I mean that. He's just not Rhodes and the large majority of football fans and pundits will agree with that exact notion. I can understand that a Saints fan doesn't like hearing it, though. It's no animosity from my end.

You can’t imagine how a CB can be as good as Rhodes? You don’t realize that Saints fans feel the same about Lattimore. It was his rookie season but he just put in the best season by a Saints CB that I have ever seen by a good margin, and I’ve been watching since the early 90s.

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

You can’t imagine how a CB can be as good as Rhodes? You don’t realize that Saints fans feel the same about Lattimore. It was his rookie season but he just put in the best season by a Saints CB that I have ever seen by a good margin, and I’ve been watching since the early 90s.

Do you know how to read? I didn't say that. I said OP said he already thinks it might be hard to see better CB play than that of Rhodes.

11 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

Do you know how to read? I didn't say that. I said OP said he already thinks it might be hard to see better CB play than that of Rhodes.

You implied that you agreed with him...otherwise why would you mention it?  Most pundits are idiots...the same types that had Warren Sapp making the pro bowl well past his prime because he’s Warren Sapp. Name recognition and a track record of success makes people for confident in supporting someone. But objectively...Lattimore was much closer to Rhodes than you are giving him credit for. And your guy is in his physical peak...ours is more than a half decade away. 

Right, the large majority of football fans and pundits are completely off and some emotional Saints fan whose reading comprehension is awful is right on the mark. Good luck spending whatever amount of time defending that miniscule minority view against everyone who knows Rhodes is clearly a better player. Take care.

1 hour ago, PurpleMugen said:

I mean, OP said right in this thread that he finds it hard to believe he'll even see better CB play than that of Rhodes. I don't know what you want me to say. I have a lot of respect for the Saints, I feel like you guys are always a worthy adversary. That doesn't mean I have to make stuff up about your team to sound more 'neutral.' I think it's more ridiculous to try to equate Lattimore to Rhodes. Sometimes one player is just clearly better than the other. It's not hate, as I said Lattimore is very good and I mean that. He's just not Rhodes and the large majority of football fans and pundits will agree with that exact notion. I can understand that a Saints fan doesn't like hearing it, though. It's no animosity from my end.

I never said he was as good as Rhodes or Ramsey. He was a rookie. He was going to make mistakes (especially after the ankle injury). I just think him being a "far cry" from Rhodes is a bit of a stretch. 

Is he better than every corner in the league? Hell no. He certainly wasn't tiers below the play of those others guys though.

8 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I never said he was as good as Rhodes or Ramsey. He was a rookie. He was going to make mistakes (especially after the ankle injury). I just think him being a "far cry" from Rhodes is a bit of a stretch. 

Is he better than every corner in the league? Hell no. He certainly wasn't tiers below the play of those others guys though.

It's not a stretch to me, it's topical imo. Almost no one at all is making an argument for him in CB rankings at the very top anyway, so it's a moot point of contention.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, PurpleMugen said:

Lattimore is a clear tier or more below Ramsey & even more of a far cry from Rhodes. Very good player already, highly athletic but he can be had more often than most true top-flight corners. One thing I think people don't focus on enough for obvious reasons (Minneapolis Miracle taking the headlines, for one) is his battle with Adam Thielen in the Divisional Round. Thielen made big chain-moving plays against him throughout. Lattimore looked overtly overmatched.

U mean kind of how Xavier Rhodes looked mismatched vs Michael Thomas?

On 2/23/2018 at 3:23 PM, PurpleMugen said:

Rhodes has the advantage of being surrounded by the league's best defense

19 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

U mean kind of how Xavier Rhodes looked mismatched vs Michael Thomas?

Welp, let's at least agree that you're an absolute dolt for not reading through the prior posts which address your limp-wristed sham of a point.

Sincerely think it's sad that only a handful of uber-emotional Saints fans arrived here to pour their tears into the thread. So this'll be the last I bother to address it. Signing off, but before I exit, I'm leaving you a gift that you're just going to love. Enjoy it:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, PurpleMugen said:

Welp, let's at least agree that you're an absolute dolt for not reading through the prior posts which address your limp-wristed sham of a point.

Sincerely think it's sad that only a handful of uber-emotional Saints fans arrived here to pour their tears into the thread. So this'll be the last I bother to address it. Signing off, but before I exit, I'm leaving you a gift that you're just going to love. Enjoy it:

giphy.gif

The score is 24-23. I smell a conspiracy!

3 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

Rhodes has the advantage of being surrounded by the league's best defense

I would say that helps, but that's not entirely the reason he is good. The scheme and the talent around him certainly help, but Rhodes balled out most of the year. Every player gets beat occasionally. You can't stop everyone on every single play.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, PurpleMugen said:

Right, the large majority of football fans and pundits are completely off and some emotional Saints fan whose reading comprehension is awful is right on the mark. Good luck spending whatever amount of time defending that miniscule minority view against everyone who knows Rhodes is clearly a better player. Take care.

This is needlessly insulting and arrogant. While pundits are professionals and get things right more often than not, they are not infallible. They get things wrong all the time. And to say that Lattimore isn't the same level as Rhodes is ridiculous. Lattimore obviously doesn't have the resume or consistency or Rhodes, but last year he was just as good. They were damn near equal.

11 hours ago, PurpleMugen said:

giphy.gif

Lol. Who are you to criticize Saints fans for being salty, Vikings fan? 

13 hours ago, PurpleMugen said:

Et tu brute?

Archived