New forum, new possibilities, better draft content

Webmaster

Football's Future has covered the NFL draft since 1999.   

Here is what one of our writers wrote about Brady prior to the 2000 draft.

If you want a QB that won't make a lot of mistakes in "Crunch Time" for you then Tom Brady is your QB of the future.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2000/players/tom_brady.html

Our contributors have gone on to work at major publications like SportingNews, USA Today, and more.  Some of the top draft experts have either contributed to FF or been a member here at some point.    

Over the years our content took a back seat as the popularity of the forum exploded.    I'd like to get our draft content back up to our old standards and I need your help.  With this new forum it will be easier to highlight and promote the great content of this draft forum.   My goal is to feature your contributions on the home page so visitors to the site can read your in-depth thoughts on NFL prospects.

A few ideas I had - 

• Member run draft blogs
  • Member run prospect pages
  • Featured mock drafts

After the forum transition, we'll redesign the main site and I'll be working with you to improve the draft content throughout the site.

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight, all the content that was created previously has not been carried over to this new site why?  A few members including myself put a lot of work into certain posts about the up coming season, so those are totally gone?

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So let me get this straight, all the content that was created previously has not been carried over to this new site why?  A few members including myself put a lot of work into certain posts about the up coming season, so those are totally gone?

No.  You are confused about this post.  This topic is talking about updating the content from the main site (not forum) by using member created content.

As for the content on the old forum, it is still all there and will remain a read-only archive.  You can view it by going to the old forum at any time.  Here is the link to your topic in the old forum.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588407

I encourage you to start a new topic on this forum and copy and paste your top 250 or any other information you want to add.

I really love this idea, and I don't necessarily think you need to stop with the draft. The draft makes sense as the main focus (since that's the site's main focus), but I think there could be a lot of user-generated content for all of the forums. Maybe those could be secondary features. 

Still - great idea either way. 

3 hours ago, Scout said:

Perhaps I'm asking in the wrong place, but how do you quote and like a post?

To quote a post you can either click the "quote" button beneath someone's post or you can simply highlight the text you want to quote and a "quote this" option will pop up (and then click that). To like a post, all you have to do is click the little football on the far right side of the screen (there is one in every post). If you have any more questions, go over to the feedback forum, chances are your question will have already been answered there.

Archived