2018 HOF Class Discussion Thread

TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Great player, but a knucklehead to the very end.

I mean can you blame him?

Whitlock is just some Journalist who never played the game, and has the audacity to say "Were it up to me you would be kept out for good, but our mighty organization of people who write about your sport as a whole have now given you our blessing."

T.O. is a hall of famer without a doubt, the fact that he had to wait to his 3rd year is a joke and Whitlock looks like a dbag more than TO for this exchange.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Great player, but a knucklehead to the very end.

That was an absolutely proper response. Let's ignore Whitlock putting himself in it and clearly being fake. While congratulating him he still feels the need to make the dig about being a "good teammate"? Whitlock is a clown and TO has every right to respond like that.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, so I've been watching you go ever deeper down this road, so let me chime in here and politely ask you to stop, before you continue further down.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

You're 744 posts in. You should know what is allowed and what is not. In case you don'y care to click on the link, let me help you:

There ^^^

Please stop.

Mate, how about you do your job and sort out the guy aggravating things by trolling and claiming I’m saying things I haven’t said. That’s the cause of me snapping.

Just now, base615 said:

Debatable 

Yeah I suppose it is. In my eyes, I don't see anyone who played in the box AND in the secondary combined as well as Dawkins, you obviously have guys who outshine him at one or the other individually like Ed Reed, but I think he's the most well rounded and his numbers do very much support that.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean can you blame him?

Whitlock is just some Journalist who never played the game, and has the audacity to say "Were it up to me you would be kept out for good, but our mighty organization of people who write about your sport as a whole have now given you our blessing."

T.O. is a hall of famer without a doubt, the fact that he had to wait to his 3rd year is a joke and Whitlock looks like a dbag more than TO for this exchange.

He undoubtedly deserves to be in, but when considering his immature behavior, I have no problem whatsoever with the way they made him wait a couple years.  Having said that, Whitlock's comment was ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

1. Jerry Rice (Not debatable)
2. Owens
3. Moss

Huge drop off after these three, but Antonio Brown and Fitzgerald might be in the conversation for 2-5 when they're both done.
(most people disagree with me on 2/3 but whatevs)

There are PLENTY of people who would be willing to debate that opinion, and rightfully so. 

Just now, Danger said:

Yeah I suppose it is. In my eyes, I don't see anyone who played in the box AND in the secondary combined as well as Dawkins, you obviously have guys who outshine him at one or the other individually like Ed Reed, but I think he's the most well rounded and his numbers do very much support that.

Dawkins was a fantastic player no doubt, but the debate between players players who are nominally in the same position but play different roles will always continue. As the years go on, guys who were dominant in the 80’s / early 90’s get forgotten.

Making the first cut down to 10 but not elected were:

Boselli

Mawae

Faneca

Hutchinson

Law

I think we'll see two of these names elected next year with Reed, Gonzalez and Bailey. There'll also be at least 7 new finalists next year with Jacoby and Walls dropping off the modern era list and into the Seniors pool. 

15 minutes ago, base615 said:

Mate, how about you do your job and sort out the guy aggravating things by trolling and claiming I’m saying things I haven’t said. That’s the cause of me snapping.

He didn't troll you. He was debating you. The fact that you are not handling that very well, does not give you license to break forum rules.

By your own admission, you snapped. That' usually when you shouldn't post.

Again, take him to task for his argument. Stop with the insults, please.

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

What Lynch are we talking about here? If we're talking about John Lynch of the Bucs and the Broncos then Polamalu, Reed, and Dawkins all easily beat him.

My Top 5, (Not sure of the order)

Reed
Polamalu
Dawkins
Lott
Atwater

Of the ones Ive seen play (and can remember right now) I have zero problems with your list.

Archived