2018 HOF Class Discussion Thread

TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, base615 said:

Sacks, but like I said, he played only 3/4 the years Lewis did and had more than 3/4 of Lewis’ stats in forced fumbles and almost 3/4 the number of interceptions 

And look at the distribution in sacks. 18.5 in his first three years only 23 after including 0 in 5 of his last 7 (I acknowledge he missed basically one of those seasons). 

As for the others your math is wrong and using the wrong baseline.
1. Use games not years. So he played 80% of the games that Ray did
2. Lewis has 19 Forced Fumbles and Urlacher has 11. That is only 58%. Doesn't even reach your 75% threshold.
3. INTs is 71%. But as you said he played a tampa 2 MLB spot. There is a reason he has more PDs and that is because he was in coverage more. And yet he is still short in Ints despite a higher opportunity percentage.

Urlacher simply wasn't as good as Lewis. That isn't an insult. Ray is the best to ever do it or at least top 3.

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

And look at the distribution in sacks. 18.5 in his first three years only 23 after including 0 in 5 of his last 7 (I acknowledge he missed basically one of those seasons). 

As for the others your math is wrong and using the wrong baseline.
1. Use games not years. So he played 80% of the games that Ray did
2. Lewis has 19 Forced Fumbles and Urlacher has 11. That is only 58%. Doesn't even reach your 75% threshold.
3. INTs is 71%. But as you said he played a tampa 2 MLB spot. There is a reason he has more PDs and that is because he was in coverage more. And yet he is still short in Ints despite a higher opportunity percentage.

Urlacher simply wasn't as good as Lewis. That isn't an insult. Ray is the best to ever do it or at least top 3.

Who is saying Urlacher is better than Lewis? Certainly not me. I’m simply arguing with the guy who claimed it is a disgrace that Urlacher went in first ballot.

Lach has 12 FF BTW.

Just now, base615 said:

Who is saying Urlacher is better than Lewis? Certainly not me. I’m simply arguing with the guy who claimed it is a disgrace that Urlacher went in first ballot.

Actually you brought up Lewis into your conversation. He was comparing him to Gradishar. Then you brought up Lewis again and compared Urlacher favorably to him as one of the best ever. You, sir, are wrong.

He maybe initially said that him getting in with Lewis was disgusting but he was mostly comparing him to Gradishar regarding first ballot. And he's right.

Just now, mse326 said:

Actually you brought up Lewis into your conversation. He was comparing him to Gradishar. Then you brought up Lewis again and compared Urlacher favorably to him as one of the best ever. You, sir, are wrong.

He maybe initially said that him getting in with Lewis was disgusting but he was mostly comparing him to Gradishar regarding first ballot. And he's right.

No, I was responding to his previous comment actually:

Brian Urlacher getting into the Hall the same year as Ray Lewis  is disgusting! What a joke! He is not a first ballot HoFer.

I haven’t responded to his Gradishar comment at all, but for the record I think he should be in too. I have no beef with that comment.

57 minutes ago, base615 said:
1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

100%. Media darling getting a media darling push if ever there was one. He’s going in in the same class as players who are literally some of the greatest ever at their positions and he sticks out like a sore thumb. Amazing he gets in because of how beloved he was by the media but Grandashir STILL waits. No idea how a guy voted most overrated in the league by his peers THREE times is a first ballot HoFer.

Clearly you’re an idiot

Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Tackles: 1,353
Quarterback sacks: 41.5
Interceptions: 22

Show me him mentioning Lewis in this post? That is what you responded to.

He is not first ballot. And you comparing him favorably to Ray Lewis is absurd.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

That's awesome. Whitlock is an idiot for that comment, taking this opportunity to make it about himself. 

"Oh I didn't want you to get in, but congratulations". Uh, thanks A-hole. Yet Owens is always the bad guy when perceived by the media. :)

I don’t care. I love me some Owens. Heart of a lion and gave it his all every week, every play. Criminal he wasn’t inducted sooner. 

Archived