2018 HOF Class Discussion Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, mse326 said:

Show me him mentioning Lewis in this post? That is what you responded to.

FFS, as a moderator I would expect you to be able to read and understand that the conversation stems from the post I previously quoted. Are you seriously that dense to cherry pick a comment from the middle of the exchange and use that as the base of the argument?

1 minute ago, base615 said:

FFS, as a moderator I would expect you to be able to read and understand that the conversation stems from the post I previously quoted. Are you seriously that dense to cherry pick a comment from the middle of the exchange and use that as the base of the argument?

He used to comparitors. His MAIN one about not being first ballot was Gradishar, not Lewis. Lewis was just that it was disgusting they go in together. Probably don't want to call out reading comprehension without trying it yourself.

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

He used to comparitors. His MAIN one about not being first ballot was Gradishar, not Lewis. Lewis was just that it was disgusting they go in together. Probably don't want to call out reading comprehension without trying it yourself.

What the hell are you talking about? The comment you quoted is in the middle of the conversation. I first responded to his saying Lewis and Urlacher shouldn’t go in together. I then showed Urlacher’s achievements. Urlacher being a first ballot HOFer is irrelevant as to whether Lewis is too.

I think it’s a disgrace that Atwater isn’t in the HOF. Does that mean Dawkins should not get in as a result of that injustice?

Just now, base615 said:

What the hell are you talking about? The comment you quoted is in the middle of the conversation. I first responded to his saying Lewis and Urlacher shouldn’t go in together. I then showed Urlacher’s achievements. Urlacher being a first ballot HOFer is irrelevant as to whether Lewis is too.

The first post made 2 claims
1. Him going in with Ray Lewis is disguisting
2. He is not first ballot

Those 2 aren't linked. You responded with a very informative "Are you serious" or something along those lines.

He then responded with the quote I showed that was only comparing him to Gradishar in regards to his 1st ballot comment. He didn't bring up the Lewis up. THEN you posted those achievements like they negated his point, which they didn't.

He again followed up with questioning how he is better than GRADISHAR

Then, somehow, you went back to Lewis in effect saying Urlacher is close to as good as Lewis was

I'm glad I can catch you up on your conversation. You seem not to have understood what even you were talking about.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

The first post made 2 claims
1. Him going in with Ray Lewis is disguisting
2. He is not first ballot

Those 2 aren't linked. You responded with a very informative "Are you serious" or something along those lines.

He then responded with the quote I showed that was only comparing him to Gradishar in regards to his 1st ballot comment. He didn't bring up the Lewis up. THEN you posted those achievements like they negated his point, which they didn't.

He again followed up with questioning how he is better than GRADISHAR

Then, somehow, you went back to Lewis in effect saying Urlacher is close to as good as Lewis was

I'm glad I can catch you up on your conversation. You seem not to have understood what even you were talking about.

I’m clearly talking about the claim that Urlacher should not be in first ballot you utter fool.

Just now, base615 said:

I’m clearly talking about the claim that Urlacher should not be in first ballot you utter fool.

What makes Urlacher deserving of getting in on the first ballot while Gradishar has been waiting for 20 years? 

That's the real question being asked. And it's been unanswered to this point. I think it's easy to answer that question for Ray Lewis, not so much for Urlacher. 

Just now, UofMfan909 said:

What makes Urlacher deserving of getting in on the first ballot while Gradishar has been waiting for 20 years? 

That's the real question being asked. And it's been unanswered to this point. I think it's easy to answer that question for Ray Lewis, not so much for Urlacher. 

What makes Dawkins deserving when Atwater stays out? We can say this for most deserving players.

Just now, base615 said:

What makes Dawkins deserving when Atwater stays out? We can say this for most deserving players.

I'm not here to argue the point. I'm just saying, if you're going to keep calling people idiots, you should be able to answer the question. 

Just now, base615 said:

Then why try comparing him to Lewis

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I first responded to his saying Lewis and Urlacher shouldn’t go in together. I then showed Urlacher’s achievements

Again there were two claims in his post. 1 about Lewis. 1 about him being first ballot.

While both MLBs, Lewis and Urlacher effectively played very different positions. Lewis played most of his career in a 3-4, while Urlacher defined the Tampa 2 MLB role. He was the Jenga piece in that defense. Urlacher’s stats are only slightly short of Lewis’ (ahead in some key categories) despite playing 4 fewer years. No reason for both to not be in first ballot.

This post is comparing him to Lewis like they are on equal footing. So that is where our debate went. How are you not getting that. If you just wanted to prove he was first ballot then why would you bring Lewis into it, and why would you ignore his Gradishar comparison.

1 minute ago, UofMfan909 said:

I'm not here to argue the point. I'm just saying, if you're going to keep calling people idiots, you should be able to answer the question. 

But you are arguing the point. Nobody is claiming that players haven’t been snubbed in the past but, in the case of Gradishar, is he eligible for modern enshrinement? I would have thought he’s senior now and therefor completely irrelevant to whether Urlacher gets in as a modern player.

2 minutes ago, base615 said:

Dawkins was better. Atwater was pretty much a thumping in the box safety. Dawkins did it all. Much more well rounded,

And that also has nothing to do with comparing Gradishar and Urlacher.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Then why try comparing him to Lewis

Again there were two claims in his post. 1 about Lewis. 1 about him being first ballot.

This post is comparing him to Lewis like they are on equal footing. So that is where our debate went. How are you not getting that. If you just wanted to prove he was first ballot then why would you bring Lewis into it, and why would you ignore his Gradishar comparison.

I admit I didn’t even see his Gradishar comment in the first comment but I’ve since responded numerous times.

Just now, base615 said:

I admit I didn’t even see his Gradishar comment in the first comment but I’ve since responded numerous times.

No you haven't. You have not once compared Urlacher to Gradishar and answered why 1 is first ballot and one isn't even in yet. Especially since a main part of Blaq's argument was about being a media darling, even if you think Gradishar should be in and should be first ballot that doesn't negate his point.

Archived