2018 HOF Class Discussion Thread

TheRealMcCoy

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Different Players.

Ed Reed, Polamalu, and Dawkins were all top 5 safeties ever if you ask me and played at the same time. No one playing today holds a candle to any of them.

Without going back prior to players I watched Lott, Atwater, Lynch, Waters, Harrison, Reed, Polamalu, Dawkins makes a clear cut top 5 hard to do.

How Harrison isn’t even a consideration for the Hall of Fame baffles me. Maybe cause he played through his prime on a dog poo team. He was an amazing player. My second favorite. 

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

Different Players.

Ed Reed, Polamalu, and Dawkins were all top 5 safeties ever if you ask me and played at the same time. No one playing today holds a candle to any of them.

Harrison Smith is Polamalu 2.0

1 minute ago, Boltstrikes said:

Without going back prior to players I watched Lott, Atwater, Lynch, Waters, Harrison, Reed, Polamalu, Dawkins makes a clear cut top 5 hard to do.

How Harrison isn’t even a consideration for the Hall of Fame baffles me. Maybe cause he played through his prime on a dog poo team. He was an amazing player. My second favorite. 

You must be as old as I am. Because Lott, Atwater and Lynch also make it tough for me to field a top 5 (and these are just some of the players I remember watching as a teenager and young adult. there are a few others I watched as a kid that also merit consideration).

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, and Tony G have to make it next year.

Vilma, Fletcher, Samuel are Hall of Very Great players, but aren't HoF to me. Don't know enough about Waters or Gross honestly.

I think I might add Fletcher there too. But I'm open to an argument to just barely keep him out. But those 3 in bold are locks IMHO

35 minutes ago, Malik said:

I mean only 2000 more yards and 100 more receptions despite playing 5 more seasons isn't that impressive. 

Didn't see the years played.  Holt only has 74 TD's, which is not bad by any means, but it's not as strong as some of the guys in recent years who have 100 or more, or near 100.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

You must be as old as I am. Because Lott, Atwater and Lynch also make it tough for me to field a top 5 (and these are just some of the players I remember watching as a teenager and young adult. there are a few others I watched as a kid that also merit consideration).

What Lynch are we talking about here? If we're talking about John Lynch of the Bucs and the Broncos then Polamalu, Reed, and Dawkins all easily beat him.

My Top 5, (Not sure of the order)

Reed
Polamalu
Dawkins
Lott
Atwater

Archived