Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

So, I suppose you'd be against hiring Bieniemy too, because he can't scheme to Andy's level either (not many can) and he is currently Andy's OC, just like Pederson was.  That's an awfully high bar to set.

We have no idea whether he can or not.  For all I know, Bieniemy might even be better than Reid.  Bieniemy would actually be my first choice.  I just know Pederson was not the wunderkind in 2018 that he was in 2017.  That tells me he could not adjust to the defenses adjusting to his playcalling. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://thevikingage.com/2021/04/23/troy-williamson-minnesota-vikings-randy-moss/

"Now that I look back, I can say that I wasn’t ready mentally to be drafted at No. 7. And then trying to come in to replace a guy like a Randy Moss, I knew I wasn’t ready mentally to be put in that position to put in the work that I needed to do to be able to do that. I didn’t know what it took to be able to take over that position. I wanted to be drafted high, but I don’t know if I wanted to actually come in and try to replace a guy like Randy Moss. I wasn’t mentally ready to be put in that position.”

Troy Williamson, everyone. Crazy enough, he was more productive for us than Laquon Treadwell was, who is still in the league.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

From @scar988

With his rushing touchdown this past week, Cordarrelle Patterson became the first player in NFL history to have 10 rushing touchdowns, 10 receiving touchdowns and 5 kick return touchdowns.

Good for him! Its too bad we used him completely wrong in Minnesota.

He’s been a godsend for my fantasy team. 

It always amazed me that no one thought to do with CP84 what Atlanta is doing now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He hasn't been under a Shanahan tree coach yet. He's basically being used like Tevin Coleman was in 2016. It's shocking that no one even thought about doing that yet for him.

Yep. Watching him in the open field with the ball in his hands, you could see that he was special. The trick has always been getting the ball in his hands more often. No better way to do that than as a running back.  He is the same height/weight as Adrian Peterson and has always run more like a RB than a WR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

He’s been a godsend for my fantasy team. 

It always amazed me that no one thought to do with CP84 what Atlanta is doing now. 

I have him on my fantasy team as well.

I did broach the subject about CP84 getting some running back carries, etc. some years ago, it wasn’t well received on this site. I think the objections had to do with his upright running style and inability to absorb the hits the running back position commands.