Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Billy Joe “Red” McCombs originally made his money in car sales. He owned the San Antonio Spurs and the Denver Nuggets before buying the Vikings in 1998 for $250 million.

Under his ownership, the Vikings went to two NFC Championship games. McCombs fired Green during the 2001 season, replacing him with Mike Tice — and then later giving Tice the permanent position.

McCombs eventually became exasperated by the inability to get a new stadium built in Minnesota. He sold the Vikings to Zygi and Mark Wilf in 2005, for $600 million.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/20/former-vikings-owner-red-mccombs-dies-at-95/

52 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I can't believe Greg Lewis is a coach in the NFL, winning 2 rings with the Chiefs!

He made one play for us back in 2009, but that one play was awesome!

He's Andy Reid's guy.  He was signed by Reid out of college, played for him for 6 years and then when he retired, spent mini-camp as a coaching intern in Reid's final year in Philly to get his coaching career started.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Fran was so much fun to watch. big reason why I became a Vikings fan.

I would have loved to see him play, but alas I was not old enough in even his last year.  But, I would love for them to win before the end of his life, as I imagine he'd be there for the parade. 

I've been telling people that if they do win, I can imagine the parade crowd would be the largest in the history of championship parades.  The Chiefs got around a half a million here last week for theirs.  I can guarantee the Vikings would double that.  I know I'd be there...it's a quick drive up 35.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I disagree. I love Jefferson, but I do wish Diggs was our problem. He’s a top 5 wr in the nfl that the vikings developed with an absolute desire to win. Sign me up for that guy every day of the week.

That desire to win is now potentially pushing his second team away. There’s a healthy response to winning and losing and then there is Diggs, who’s routinely walked out on his team. As a WR, what more can you ask for with Josh Allen as your QB. I guess Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow? Does Diggs really think he’ll end up there?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I disagree. I love Jefferson, but I do wish Diggs was our problem. He’s a top 5 wr in the nfl that the vikings developed with an absolute desire to win. Sign me up for that guy every day of the week.

In the end, how many teams did Moss and Terrell Owens end up causing problems in, despite having all the talent in the world and being 2 of the best Wrs to ever play the game?

• Like 1